I'd like to say that I hate to say it...

Lutz quit on us big time about a month ago!!! As soon as we became the 18th ranked team in the land, Lutz started privately shopping himself to other schools…namely Tennessee.

Katz has always struck most people on this board, me included, as a very credible journalist. I believe him over Lutz regarding the the coaching speculation as to whether Lutz had put major feelers out there regarding the Tennessee job. As someone else said on here earlier, Lutz gave up on us with several games still to go.

I loved Lutz like many, but this leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Even if he HAS to stay next year (I say HAS, b/c it’s now clear that he doesn’t necessarily want to), I will never forget the way that the past several weeks have gone. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire…unfortunately, our season also went up in smoke.

Good luck to him, but he’s walking into a beartrap…or a Rocky Top blackhole.

I want to point out another bright spot in the job done by Judy Rose. Im talking about the letter she sent out asking everyone to up their donations. I bet that this was about the time the process began and Judy wanted to cover her ass and say that she was doing all she could in the final weeks to keep Lutz. Trying to scrape together enough cash at the last minute is pathetic. Another nice job Judy. Comforting to know that we have her looking out for the future of this program in the weeks/months ahead.

I said this months ago (to lazy to dig the thread up) but Lutz I feel does not think he can advance his career by being a coach in the A-10 -> At best his personal stock as a coach would move up a little, not a lot. Much of this I fear is the belief you can’t really recruit from the A-10. Bobby either needs to make a move now, or probably stay put for at least another 5 years. I don’t blame Bobby for this mess, but our AD. Dropping the ball on conf realignment is inexcusable -> letting USF get one up on us is hard for me to fathom. To me that’s gross incompetence for an AD. If we were moving to the BE verse A-10 I’m certain Bobby would be going absolutely no where.

Bobby has to look out for his professional well being. That being said, I’m hard pressed to see UT as the answer. Some fine coaches have come and gone there.

This is a tough one. But I think a new AD is in order. Just to big of a screwup. Our AD is reactionary, not visionary and proactive.

My 2 cents.

I don’t have a problem with asking for the cash, it would also be done later when a new coach comes in as well, making more than the current coach. That a reality in college sports today.

In 1977, a certain Final Four coach and athletic director earned $27,000. What do you think that position would be worth toady at UNCC or another university?

NinerFan, in an unrelated note…I’ve always wanted to ask…who is the hottie in the cowboy hat in your posts??

[i]Originally posted by jbpfeen[/i]@Mar 21 2005, 09:05 PM [b] NinerFan, in an unrelated note...I've always wanted to ask...who is the hottie in the cowboy hat in your posts?? [/b]
I think that's his daughter.

B)

I am not sure he has been shopping himself around. I sure hope he hasn’t. I do believe that he isn’t satisfied going to the A-10 and I can in some ways understand why he feels that way. I have nothing against him, I just wish he would improve his defensive coaching. If he leaves I wish him the best and thank him for the job he has done here. I believe a program is stronger then one person and that because of Lutz we can get a quality coach.

I agree for the most part with jbpfeen. I don’t think bobby quit on us,in fact,I think he wanted to finish strong in the worst way,knowing that those are the hot coaches that get the pub when the jobs open up.But I think that he’s totally full of shit when he says that he had no contact with UT,or anyone else before today. Whether it was thru a mutual friend,aide,contact…they didn’t just decide monday morning…“hey lets get ahold of lutz…see if he’s interested” I’ve said before,I don’t begrudge him moving on for more $,etc…but don’t assume we’re all morons,either!

Lucky. Do not be naive. The contractual and legal issues concerning saying anything different are enormous. Lutz is not playing anyone for a moron he is only playing the game the way it is suppose to be played. If he says anything different no matter what the situation is he is breaking his contract.

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Mar 21 2005, 10:30 PM [b] The contractual and legal issues concerning saying anything different are enormous. Lutz is not playing anyone for a moron he is only playing the game the way it is suppose to be played. If he says anything different no matter what the situation is he is breaking his contract. [/b]
Bingo!
[i]Originally posted by switchfoot+Mar 21 2005, 09:33 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (switchfoot @ Mar 21 2005, 09:33 PM)

What about bringing back Lee Rose, I think that’s his name, as the coach. He got us to the '77 Final 4.
The reason we got beat to the BE, by USF, is two things. One can be helped, & the other can’t. We can’t help that Florida is more attractive than NC. We can help that we not only don’t have football, we have no plans for football. Maybe if we had an AD, we’d have plans. Oops, we do have an AD. My bad.
The real sad thing is Marquette beating us for the BE. Charlotte is about the same as Milwaukee in size, & we’re not frozen over 9 months of the year like the Wisconsin cheeseheads. How did we get outplayed by cold & freezing, no-football Marquette? Now that’s really sad on Judy’s part.

Oh, & by the way, the blond in the bikini top is one of my love slaves.
:slight_smile: