Ideas for NNN - SEO, Marketing, sponsored events, SB improvements, etc

Please post your ideas, both serious and not here… Will round the mods up with Mac and see what we can implement.

A lot of good ideas today in the SB. Keep them coming.

One of the first was SEO Search Engine Optimization. We are currently on page 6 of a google search for “Charlotte 49ers Message Board”

I’d like to discuss making the Shoutbox an opt-in feature (if the coding allows it), possibly with an age minimum

NNN welcome new posters

NNN sponsored events

NNN facebook posts / on official Charlotte 49ers page

Please feel free to expound on the above…

A student or local alum can post NNN fliers on campus (I think NLP mentioned this in the SB)

Turn SCK into a walking billboard.

I really like the idea of sending students/alumni to campus and pass out fliers. In addition to that, if it is possible, have those fliers in some sort of package for SOAR students. I know when I went to SOAR I got all sorts of information, both needed and not. These students are going to be excited for college, staying away from home, and meeting new people. I think that’s the perfect time for an advertisement of, “Hey, get to know some fellow Niners before you even start school!” If it’s possible to set up a stand there, that would also be pretty cool. You could kill two birds with one stone: Spread Niner fever and bring new posters to the site all at once!

I like this. Probably works ebtter if other students are the ones manning the booth, but am more than willing to help out and help chip in for some fliers.

I want NWA to drive the Normbulance around campus with a group of posters to kidnap students much like the van scene in Old School. That would really get the campus talking about this place.

On an unrelated note- perhaps NWA shoudl set up Paypal account from some donations in exchange for a nice NN.N ad on the rig.

You need actual content and viable URLs to search engine optimize. You can only do so much with meta parameters.

You might be able to only do so much with meta parameters but I don’t think it would take too much to rise to the top for a search of “Charlotte 49ers message board”, no?

[quote=“s9er, post:6, topic:26061”]I want NWA to drive the Normbulance around campus with a group of posters to kidnap students much like the van scene in Old School. That would really get the campus talking about this place.

On an unrelated note- perhaps NWA shoudl set up Paypal account from some donations in exchange for a nice NN.N ad on the rig.[/quote]

The NNN lettering will def be going on the Normbulance once the graphics are on. I am also planning on selling some tshirts to help defray costs on keeping it on the road, I can include ninernation.net on the shirt design. That wouldn’t hurt. Once some of these things get closer to fruition I will get a dedicated Normbulance account and paypal set up!

lol, best idea ever.

[quote=“Savio, post:7, topic:26061”]You need actual content and viable URLs to search engine optimize. You can only do so much with meta parameters.[/quote]The competition level for “Charlotte 49ers Message Board” is low according to Google data. A relevant title tag and meta description should be plenty to move NNN to the top of search engine rankings. The meta keywords are useless.

Another thing that would be beneficial is if everyone here that has a personal site or posts on another message board links back to the board with the anchor text of “Charlotte 49ers Message Board.” Back links with keyword relevant anchor text is huge for search engine optimization.

We should also engage the NNN facebook page in discussions on the Charlotte 49ers Facebook page. Encourage followers to join us for pre-game get togethers or the lunches we do on occasion. The 49ers Facebook page has over 10,000 followers.

These are two simple and free things that we can do to increase membership and engagement among the Niner community.

This board has been an important part of the past and future of Niner Athletics and I’d like to see it continue to grow and prosper.

Every person we engage on here has a network of people that they may engage in Niner athletics as well.

He already is one… for abstinence.

That’s not what your wife/girlfriend said.

lol

lol. I love you Kenny, and I love how you covered all your bases.

I was feeling nice today, so I left moms/sisters out of it.

Before the weeklong shutdown there was a thread about making an on-campus marketing push for NN.N. Did anything come of this?

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:17, topic:26061”]Before the weeklong shutdown there was a thread about making an on-campus marketing push for NN.N. Did anything come of this?[/quote]No, nothing came about.