'Idol' coming to Charlotte

[URL]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6360851/[/URL]

Be careful… :lmao:

edit: Where is this UNC-Charlotte they are talking about… :blink:

haha, nice.

You did check the date of the article first I suppose?

[CENTER][/CENTER]

[B]Fri., Nov. 5, 2004[/B] There goes your A. :shades:

yeah i did. i did a UNC Charlotte search on MSNBC and found it. thought it was worth a laugh and a thread.

[CENTER]
[/CENTER]

Yes, Clay-mania ran wild in those days.

To this day I still have no idea why anyone watches this crap.

I love how the story is out of Raleigh.

Yes, Clay-mania ran wild in those days.

Totally. I made over $5,000 off of Clay during my time on campus. I sold school newspapers on eBay. There was a special section about Clay about October of 2003 – just a little 12 page thing. I sold those for $40 a pop and sold over 50 of them. Along with other school newspapers and the bobbleheads ($202.80 for mine on eBay) that would be on his site a week later for $10, I became a Clay fan (at least for that time).

Totally. I made over $5,000 off of Clay during my time on campus. I sold school newspapers on eBay. There was a special section about Clay about October of 2003 -- just a little 12 page thing. I sold those for $40 a pop and sold over 50 of them. Along with other school newspapers and the bobbleheads ($202.80 for mine on eBay) that would be on his site a week later for $10, I became a Clay fan (at least for that time).

:lmao:

[QUOTE=SF4Nynah;382300]Totally. I made over $5,000 off of Clay during my time on campus. I sold school newspapers on eBay. There was a special section about Clay about October of 2003 – just a little 12 page thing. I sold those for $40 a pop and sold over 50 of them. Along with other school newspapers and the bobbleheads ($202.80 for mine on eBay) that would be on his site a week later for $10, I became a Clay fan (at least for that time).[/QUOTE]

Didn’t do quite as well as you, but still did well enough to be a Clay fan for a very brief time.

It was amazing the way that that Mr & Mrs Typical American Citizen went after that crap.

Didn't do quite as well as you, but still did well enough to be a Clay fan for a very brief time.

It was amazing the way that that Mr & Mrs Typical American Citizen went after that crap.

I didn’t know I had any competition there. I know I’d always clean out the newspaper racks the day before they would have been replaced anyway. It is crazy how crazy people were over that. I was making multiple trips to the post office each day (with 3 to 6 packages each time). I once sold 13 of those $40 in one day.

the fact that our University is actually offering a course on this garbage is horrible.
-I don’t care about Clay (I hate the fact that I’m acknowledging him…because he’s a joke as well) but why would our University do this?

the fact that our University is actually offering a course on this garbage is horrible. -I don't care about Clay (I hate the fact that I'm acknowledging him...because he's a joke as well) but why would our University do this?

The article is over four years old. At the time Claymania was sweeping the nation and the school was trying to capitalize on that.

The article is over four years old. At the time Claymania was sweeping the nation and the school was trying to capitalize on that.

capitalize on that?..Then we’d get the awesome benefit of being labeled as…
“THE UNIVERSITY WITH LEGITIMATE COURSES ON AMERICAN IDOL”…another great job by our administration (I’d love to meet the person who suggested that…)

capitalize on that?....Then we'd get the awesome benefit of being labeled as.... "THE UNIVERSITY WITH LEGITIMATE COURSES ON AMERICAN IDOL"..........another great job by our administration (I'd love to meet the person who suggested that...)

It was probably Bobby Lutz… :tongue:

It was probably Bobby Lutz..... :tongue:

Probably. That’s how he distracted us from the fact that team is doing so horribly. :tumble:

This is the chance I’ve been waiting for…

This is the chance I've been waiting for......
I'm afraid to ask what chance you're talking about.