I'm tired of this argument

Below are the NFL cities that also house DI football teams. As you can see the list contains only a few teams that even think about sniffing the top 25. Most of your powerhouse programs reside in those college towns where they are the only game in town. Can football succeed at Charlotte, sure, but are their enough “casual” fans to split time between the Panthers and the gridiron Niners that remains to be seen.

NFC South
Charlotte- Panthers/Charlotte possibly
Atlanta- Falcons/Ga Tech
Tampa- Bucs/USF
New Orleans- Saints/Tulane

NFC East
Dallas- Cowboys/SMU and TCU

NFC North
Minnesota- Viks/UMinn

NFC West
Seattle- Seahawks/Wash
Arizona- Cards/ASU

AFC South
Nashville- Titans/Vandy
Houston- Texans/U Hou

AFC North
Pitts- Steelers/Pitt
Cincy- Bengals/Cincy

AFC West

AFC East
Boston- Pats/BC
Miami- Dolphins/UM

Below are the NFL cities that also house DI football teams. As you can see the list contains only a few teams that even think about sniffing the top 25. Most of your powerhouse programs reside in those college towns where they are the only game in town. Can football succeed at Charlotte, sure, but are their enough "casual" fans to split time between the Panthers and the gridiron Niners that remains to be seen.

NFC South
Atlanta- Falcons/Ga Tech
Tampa- Bucs/USF
New Orleans- Saints/Tulane

NFC East
Dallas- Cowboys/SMU and TCU

NFC North
Minnesota- Viks/UMinn

NFC West
Seattle- Seahawks/Wash
Arizona- Cards/ASU

AFC South
Nashville- Titans/Vandy
Houston- Texans/U Hou

AFC North
Pitts- Steelers/Pitt
Cincy- Bengals/Cincy

AFC West

AFC East
Boston- Pats/BC
Miami- Dolphins/UM

Sniffing the top 25? Weren’t two of these teams ranked 2nd in the nation? You’re an idiot. We all know there’s not **** to do in Kansas. That post was not needed to confirm that. All of those football programs have been very successful.

Sniffing the top 25? Weren't two of these teams ranked 2nd in the nation? You're an idiot. We all know there's not **** to do in Kansas. That post was not needed to confirm that. All of those football programs have been very successful.

QFT, and didn’t Miami just win a NC a few years ago? :blink: You sir are an idiot!

[QUOTE=jayhawkwannabe;297206]Below are the NFL cities that also house DI football teams. As you can see the list contains only a few teams that even think about sniffing the top 25. Most of your powerhouse programs reside in those college towns where they are the only game in town. Can football succeed at Charlotte, sure, but are their enough “casual” fans to split time between the Panthers and the gridiron Niners that remains to be seen.

NFC South
Atlanta- Falcons/Ga Tech (average program)
Tampa- Bucs/USF (caught lightning in a bottle this year, time will tell)
New Orleans- Saints/Tulane (horrible)

NFC East
Dallas- Cowboys/SMU and TCU (both horrible)

NFC North
Minnesota- Viks/UMinn (worse than horrible)

NFC West
Seattle- Seahawks/Wash (bad)
Arizona- Cards/ASU (solid year, time will also tell can DE keep them atop the Pac 10)

AFC South
Nashville- Titans/Vandy (need I say more)
Houston- Texans/U Hou (not great)

AFC North
Pitts- Steelers/Pitt (average)
Cincy- Bengals/Cincy (good year under a new coach)

AFC West

AFC East
Boston- Pats/BC (11-3 great year under new coach)
Miami- Dolphins/UM (will they ever return to power?)[/QUOTE]

The key word in my post was FEW. Can Charlotte or any of these other schools compete with NFL teams, yes if the product is good enough. I would be hard pressed to say that the teams I listed above have been VERY successful, especially in the last 10 years.

[QUOTE=jayhawkwannabe;297206]
AFC West
Duh…

NFC West
oops… I left some more out

[/QUOTE]
Huh??? Ever hear of Univ of California, Stanford, Univ of Colorado, and San Diego State?

Boulder is pretty much a suburb of Denver. Berkeley and Oakland are neighbors. Palo Alto is at most 20 or 25 minutes from the south side of San Francisco (home of Candlestick Park). I assume you don’t need a map to figure out the other one.

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make, but you’re not being very successful… unless you’re trying to prove you’re still a dumbass.

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;297235]Huh??? Ever hear of Univ of California, Stanford, Univ of Colorado, and San Diego State?

Boulder is pretty much a suburb of Denver. Berkeley and Oakland are neighbors. Palo Alto is at most 20 or 25 minutes from the south side of San Francisco (home of Candlestick Park). I assume you don’t need a map to figure out the other one.

I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make, but you’re not being very successful… unless you’re trying to prove you’re still a dumbass.[/QUOTE]

Berkley and Boulder are both very much college towns, University City, NC not quit a college town. The point that was trying to be made earlier in the topic was is Charlotte large enough to support a football team in a NFL city. Why all the hate coming from you guys when I clearly was not trying to flame?

I think football would be great, much more alumni support and donations would surely come it if the AD pulled the trigger.

Good point Metro. My only concern with football is will fans still show up 3 to 4 years after the first season to see losing football? Will fans be patient?

Our basketball attendence has improved this season particuarly, but I still think we can do better then 91st.

I agree. I want football here more than anything but I mean I don’t doubt for a while we’ll be terrible. Basketball this year has been pumped up due to playing great, but after this last streak I don’t know how the attendance will end up.