IMG "Sports Night" FAU Game

So I guess IMG decided they had a great idea - turning FAU into a sports night.

https://twitter.com/carolineswartzy/status/960324172047093768

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:32328”]So I guess IMG decided they had a great idea - turning FAU into a sports night.

https://twitter.com/carolineswartzy/status/960324172047093768[/quote]

#wedontcare
no other justification

This looks to be a tweet from a female HS player from Hough? How is that related to IMG? NM, I see the link. This is the root of our issues. Few employed by the university have a clue or pride and it perpetuates from there.

clt says this looks like a pyramid scheme.

What jersey are you guys going to wear to “sports night”?

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:32328”]So I guess IMG decided they had a great idea - turning FAU into a sports night.

Is this IMG or hough high? because if it’s IMG I’m ready for them to leave anyway. If it’s hough high, I want as many of them on our campus as possible, and I don’t even care if they are wearing baby blue. We need as many high school students to see Charlotte as possible.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:32328”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:32328”]So I guess IMG decided they had a great idea - turning FAU into a sports night.

Is this IMG or hough high? because if it’s IMG I’m ready for them to leave anyway. If it’s hough high, I want as many of them on our campus as possible, and I don’t even care if they are wearing baby blue. We need as many high school students to see Charlotte as possible.[/quote]
Nah. Screw them. We gotta keep drawing lines in sand.

[quote=“metro, post:7, topic:32328”][quote=“ImfromClayton, post:6, topic:32328”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:1, topic:32328”]So I guess IMG decided they had a great idea - turning FAU into a sports night.

Is this IMG or hough high? because if it’s IMG I’m ready for them to leave anyway. If it’s hough high, I want as many of them on our campus as possible, and I don’t even care if they are wearing baby blue. We need as many high school students to see Charlotte as possible.[/quote]
Nah. Screw them. We gotta keep drawing lines in sand.[/quote]

[font=arial][size=1em]Hough SEM Classes - “Sports Night”[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=1em]Halton Arena[/size][/font]
[font=arial][size=1em]9290 Barnhardt Ln Charlotte, NC 28262[/size][/font]
[size=1em][font=arial]Saturday, March 3rd at 7:30pm[/font][/size]
[font=arial][size=1em]From$6

Welcome Family and Friends of Hough High School! Make sure to wear your favorite sports jersey for the #houghniners “Sports” Night double-header against Florida Atlantic. Be sure to invite your friends and family to unlock opportunities for a great time! Anyone that buys through your link will sit with you at the game! All fans will receive their tickets via email, 24 hours before the event.

For more information, please contact Caleb Weith at [/size][/font]cweith@uncc.edu or call 704-687-5196

Caleb is an IMG person.

IMG is as bad as Judy. This is another one of Judy’s failures.

I’m guessing IMG loses money at Charlotte. Imagine buying our inventory and them reselling it. :))

Sig Sports needs the contract back.

Get Steve Hall back to campus.

Another win. Marketing teacher on twitter admitted it’s a bad idea.

[quote=“metro, post:10, topic:32328”]I’m guessing IMG loses money at Charlotte. Imagine buying our inventory and them reselling it. :))

Sig Sports needs the contract back.

Get Steve Hall back to campus.[/quote]

The only reason IMG is here is because Judy needed cash to offset the debacle of firing Bobby and having to pay him and Major at the same time.
A very reliable source told me IMG offered less over the life of the contract than Signature, but more up front money…so she opted for the quick fix to keep the BOD off her back.

Don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, but our basketball attendance is in the tank.

We probably just angered (at the very least, frustrated) a local high school (who we happen to be recruiting pretty hard in football, and we went after one of their basketball players very hard a few years back, and has given us at least one baseball player).

I don’t want to see heels jerseys in Halton as much as anyone. It was a poor idea to have “team night” at an athletic event.

I just don’t view this as a win. They were trying to get people to Halton. We pooped on them. “Them” is also probably quite a few prospective students forming their opinions about our University. The lesson they learned was “wow, those charlotte fans are a-holes if you support other schools.” I’m not saying that’s a bad lesson. I’m not saying it’s a great one either for us to be portraying at local high schools, considering our teams have been god awful in the time these students have been able to form memories. High school students today were born between 2000-2004.

I think considering the state of our program, this was a silly venture for us to get up in arms about. When we use twitter to push around a local high school we look like the jack-holes Dubois makes us out to be. Our voices have gained a lot of momentum recently, and this was a trivial matter.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:13, topic:32328”]Don’t mean to rain on anyone’s parade, but our basketball attendance is in the tank.

We probably just angered (at the very least, frustrated) a local high school (who we happen to be recruiting pretty hard in football, and we went after one of their basketball players very hard a few years back, and has given us at least one baseball player).

I don’t want to see heels jerseys in Halton as much as anyone. It was a poor idea to have “team night” at an athletic event.

I just don’t view this as a win. They were trying to get people to Halton. We pooped on them. “Them” is also probably quite a few prospective students forming their opinions about our University. The lesson they learned was “wow, those charlotte fans are a-holes if you support other schools.” I’m not saying that’s a bad lesson. I’m not saying it’s a great one either for us to be portraying at local high schools, considering our teams have been god awful in the time these students have been able to form memories. High school students today were born between 2000-2004.

I think considering the state of our program, this was a silly venture for us to get up in arms about. When we use twitter to push around a local high school we look like the jack-holes Dubois makes us out to be. Our voices have gained a lot of momentum recently, and this was a trivial matter.[/quote]

I can see this perspective 100%. I think the issue here is IMG deciding this is a good way about getting people in. If it was the HS doing this then that is one thing. This was our paid partner basically telling people to wear other jerseys into our building. I take issue with that. I like them working with a local HS, I like them inviting them in, I even like a theme night. Encouraging other jerseys though? To me that is no different than our own AD or ticket office doing it. No matter how bad things are we shouldnt be encouraging the exact behavior ewe are trying to break students of.

It’s a marketing colossal mess. This brand, color scheme, etc has to get fixed now. Having 100 kids come in ACC gear is monumental stupid. The brand is always #1. I’d rather not have them then devalue or erode the 49ers more.

Here’s an event. Make it official 1 green, 1 c pick logo. Then have a hashtag #burnyourold49er gear. Everyone post vids of 500 shades of green up in flames like Kaepernick jerseys (sans vintage Norm stuff with pipe in mouth). Then sell the bejesus out of the proper stuff at games, online sale, etc.

That will a be large amount of burned Charlotte 49er gear if we burn as much gear as the San Francisco 49er fans did.

clt says invite the students to wear their high school jerseys, or panther gear.

Yup that would have been fine

I say we invite them to were their Hough gear, then we can recognize their support and participation !