Indiana Fans Crying For A Protest

For giggles, go on over to the Indiana message board. They are so pissed, claiming that their OWN clock operator did not start the clock when Plav received the pass. One fan really feels a game protest is in order. :violin:

Dammit. Didn’t see the same topic. Disregard. Anyway…those guys are pissed!

And for icing on the cake, in the fourth quarter, Memphis is losing to Bowling Green in the GMAC Bowl, 45-28.

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 11:06 PM [b] And for icing on the cake, in the fourth quarter, Memphis is losing to Bowling Green in the GMAC Bowl, 45-28. [/b]
I chuckled at that as well. All is well in the world...

Game protest? When was the last time one of those worked.

I know…really. A game protest? Those guys over there are screaming for the clock operator’s head. Mike Davis, himself, stated On Brendan Plavich’s game-winning shot:

MD: “It was a good call. The guy shot the basketball before the clock went off. If the ball leaves his hands, before the clock goes off – it is a shot.”

Well, if you’re a Hoosier fan, the issue over there isn’t whether or not he got the shot off before time expired. The issue is simply whether or not the clock operator started the clock quick enough. HE IS HUMAN…in the time it actually takes to manually flick the switch/push the button to start it, at least .1 is going to be gone already. I thought the guy reacted the best a human being can react. How much quicker can you start the damn thing???

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 11:06 PM [b] And for icing on the cake, in the fourth quarter, Memphis is losing to Bowling Green in the GMAC Bowl, 45-28. [/b]
Well......that does mean they have football and did make it to a bowl game. However, getting thumped by BG is just plain bad :D
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Dec 22 2004, 11:33 PM [b] Well, if you're a Hoosier fan, the issue over there isn't whether or not he got the shot off before time expired. The issue is simply whether or not the clock operator started the clock quick enough. HE IS HUMAN...in the time it actually takes to manually flick the switch/push the button to start it, at least .1 is going to be gone already. I thought the guy reacted the best a human being can react. How much quicker can you start the damn thing??? [/b]
I watched the video from the link on another thread. Watched that one part over and over again and the guy was a little slow on starting the clock, but not so slow that it's criminal. Timing like that happens all during a game and the only reason it is a big deal is that it was the end of the game........and Plav hit a HUGE 3 to finally beat the Boohoosiers. :rolleyes:

The tip went in with 1.1 seconds left on the clock, so we should have had plenty of time… you can get as technical as you want on both sides; he hit it, they counted it… Celebrate!