Irrelevant

Sorry in advance for this irrelevant post, but can one of you “youngsters” tell me the name of the song and artist playing in the Niner Pride video before the player introductions? 10% this, and 5% that, etc.

[QUOTE=Halton49;222597]Sorry in advance for this irrelevant post, but can one of you “youngsters” tell me the name of the song and artist playing in the Niner Pride video before the player introductions? 10% this, and 5% that, etc.[/QUOTE]

That would be by Fort Minor, “Remember the Name”

Thanks WB

Since this is going in this direction. What is that recorded song that seems to have replaced “We Will Rock You” as a rallying anthem at most sports venues now. I first heard it during a Wake Forest game last year and now it’s everywhere. Esp. near the end of games. It has no lyrics, just a steady “ahhhhh-ah-ahhhh-ah-ahhh-ah!!” over and over with a heavy base beat.

That would be the Zombie Nation song Kernkraft 400. I actually think the DJ is Zombie Nation and Kernkraft 400 is the song. It really got its start as a big time sports anthem at Penn St football games, where they have tried to stop playing it due to the students jumping up and down and perhaps damaging the stadium structure.

That would be “Zombie Nation,” a staple in sporting venues, post-90’s euro-trash nightclubs, and the stereos of BMW-Roadster-Driving rich 30-somethings.

Hmm, when I read the title of this thread. I thought it was a retrospective on the 06-07 season.

But I guess the season is not over …yet.

Anyway, to try & stay on “topic” and since we have nothing better to do in the offseason.

What is the song on the halftime highlights video (the video that was last year’s intro video)?

[QUOTE=49erDrummer;222614]That would be “Zombie Nation,” a staple in sporting venues, post-90’s euro-trash nightclubs, and the stereos of BMW-Roadster-Driving rich 30-somethings.[/QUOTE]

I take offense to that! I was a 30-something BMW roadster driver awhile back! Alas because I am not rich I had to sell it to buy my Harley.

Since someone brought up that song, I urge everyone on this board to send emails to the athletic department, demanding that the other song/video be brought back to the pregame introductions. To show it just before the end of halftime is a complete crock. Hopefully, with the loss of so many seniors, the newer video will now be scrapped all-together. I have hated it since day one and I still get far more fired up over the historic clips than I do that crap they show now, with a half-empty Halton. Not to mention, I think the song is completely played out.

The good video is way too long for intros. I think that’s why they play it at halftime.

The good video is way too long for intros. I think that's why they play it at halftime.

Then chop it down some to focus on the better moments. It’s not like the newer video is super brief. I feel like that thing takes an eternity to get through as well. IMO, both are way too long to use before lineups but if you’re going to do it, I prefer the old school clips by far and the Dr. Dre intro music.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;222667]… and the Dr. Dre intro music.[/QUOTE]

once again the legend that was the Dr. Dre intro music returns. I consider it an honor to have been a student during its tenure.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;222633]Since someone brought up that song, I urge everyone on this board to send emails to the athletic department, demanding that the other song/video be brought back to the pregame introductions. To show it just before the end of halftime is a complete crock. Hopefully, with the loss of so many seniors, the newer video will now be scrapped all-together. I have hated it since day one and I still get far more fired up over the historic clips than I do that crap they show now, with a half-empty Halton. Not to mention, I think the song is completely played out.[/QUOTE]

I love that video. I think it would be cool to play it right before tip off. Anyone know how I could get a copy of that or even some of those games??

I also miss the “cart going throught the mineshaft” video we used to play on the lite bright scoreboard. It would be cool to bring an upgraded version of that back.

Did DA pick the song this year? During the senior night event, if was him whos music was the same as the intro.

I also miss the "cart going throught the mineshaft" video we used to play on the lite bright scoreboard. It would be cool to bring an upgraded version of that back.

Oddly enough…I agree.

That was about the only thing I liked from the old Lite-Brite!!

The good video is way too long for intros. I think that's why they play it at halftime.

I absolutely LOVE that video and would pay for a copy of it but I noticed something about it the other night. As much of our history as it shows, I don’t recall even one clip of our ALL TIME leading scorer and my favorite All-Time Niner…Henry Williams.

If there is a clip of him…it’s very short and quick…I think he deserves MUCH more when it comes to a hi-lite reel of our history.

Since where talking about zombie nation and all

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB_xg1NTAo4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB_xg1NTAo4[/URL]