Is anyone esle upset with Pacific's ranking?

This team is driving me crazy. I mean…I love mid-majors…but your telling me there are only 18 teams in the nation better than Pacific? Don’t get me wrong, a 16 game win streak is impressive, but much less so in the Big West.

It’s a loaded bandwagon. They’ll lose sometime before Selection Sunday, their RPI will drop like a rock, and they’ll go away.

remember Utah State

Who cares what they are ranked, lets just take care of our business and kick Depaul’s ass.

[i]Originally posted by casstommy[/i]@Feb 14 2005, 03:02 PM [b] This team is driving me crazy. I mean....I love mid-majors...but your telling me there are only 18 teams in the nation better than Pacific? Don't get me wrong, a 16 game win streak is impressive, but much less so in the Big West. [/b]
Nope, they have been winning. If we had beaten ECU we'd be 17 or 16. I'll take 23, we need to win this week and move up a bit.

They are opverrated for sure… Their SOS is 181 and they are 19 in the AP poll? Give me a break.

They very well could win out too since the only top 100 team left on their schedule is UTEP (66).

Actually, any unbeaten streak is impressive, not matter what conference. BTW, Pacific earned their ranking this week…

Down eight with 37 seconds left, #24 Pacific beats Utah State 64-63

I think Vermont or Southern Illinois would beat that team. Its a warm fuzzy story, sportswriters are all about the stories. I know one thing, they don’t want a piece of Withers or Basden.

They have earned it.

I am only worried about Charlotte’s ranking.