Is it official?

Screw itā€¦Tell the university to fund Niner Nation and we could probably generate more support than their sorry assesā€¦

AND THATā€™S NO F-ING LIE

[i]Originally posted by Savio[/i]@Mar 16 2005, 07:45 PM [b] Screw it....Tell the university to fund Niner Nation and we could probably generate more support than their sorry asses....

AND THATā€™S NO F-ING LIE [/b]

Yeah, NinerNation should be head of the Marketing Dept.

A lot of really good ideas came from this board. Keep it up.

im seriously thinking about going to the marketing people and asking to work thereā€¦maybe like a work study thingā€¦or even not payedā€¦ill make posters and signs and organize shit like pep rallies and make sure evryone knows about it as long as they pay for it

anyone else want to go with me for like a volunteer thing to help out the marketing people?

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Mar 16 2005, 11:16 PM [b] im seriously thinking about going to the marketing people and asking to work there...maybe like a work study thing....or even not payed.....ill make posters and signs and organize shit like pep rallies and make sure evryone knows about it as long as they pay for it

anyone else want to go with me for like a volunteer thing to help out the marketing people? [/b]

As an Alum, I will help outā€¦Count me in

What Marketing Dept?

I donā€™t honestly think we have a professional group for on campus. We have a student organization with hardly any organization. Half the people in it donā€™t even go to games on a regular basis, they just look for ways to stuff their resume. That or get sports marketing tickets. I encourage all students with a passion to join. Youā€™ll get very good tickets and you can do your school a service. Iā€™ve done it for 4 years and have enjoyed seeing the success (albeit limited) it has had. If we had literally 20 guys who were actually enthusiastic (as opposed to just wanting a position and doing nothing) we could have made a bigger difference.

My 2 cents.

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@Mar 17 2005, 10:19 AM [b] What Marketing Dept?

I donā€™t honestly think we have a professional group for on campus. We have a student organization with hardly any organization. Half the people in it donā€™t even go to games on a regular basis, they just look for ways to stuff their resume. That or get sports marketing tickets. I encourage all students with a passion to join. Youā€™ll get very good tickets and you can do your school a service. Iā€™ve done it for 4 years and have enjoyed seeing the success (albeit limited) it has had. If we had literally 20 guys who were actually enthusiastic (as opposed to just wanting a position and doing nothing) we could have made a bigger difference.

My 2 cents. [/b]

I agree with this. It should be student-lead or at least carried out by students, anyways. I thought this is was already in place? Why isnā€™t the student marketing association working with student media to print signs, flyers, etc?

Same goes for Midnight Madness. Get together when school starts next year and make it special.

If the Student marketing group takes care of marketing to students, then the Ticket and Marketing Dept can focus primarily on the community.

Of course, this is all too late for this year but I sure hope itā€™s taken care of for next. We need a major marketing campaign going into the A-10.