Is it possible, DeMarco a Bobcat?

Metro, welcome back!

As a North Meck grad and a Charlotte alum, no Niner - even DJ or High Flyin’ Henry - is going to make me run and buy season tix for the Bobcats (and I wouldn’t have to go far, since their office is just a half a block from mine!). Now, I’d certainly go and see a game or two, that’s for sure. But season tix - that’s reserved for the hallowed halls of Halton!!!

GO NINERS!!!

Actually, now that I am thinking about it, if the Bobcats take Derrick Coleman in the expansion draft today, plus Brandon Bender with the 2nd pick on Thursday, I’ll run down West Trade Street to the Bobcats office on Friday morning to get my season tix! Yes, that would do it!!! :lmao:

Only if the Clippers sign Jermaine Williams to dunk on Bender’s sorry excuse of a basketball-playing self.

i have heard of i think three guys they selected, so if they selected demarco johnson it would be a step up. so far kapono, fizer and baxter are the only ones i have ever heard of.

and just added gerald wallace and loren woods.

I can’t spell half these players’ names!

[SIZE=2]Lonny Baxter, Forward, 6-8 / 260 lbs, Maryland '02, 2 years, Drafted by Chicago with 44th selection in 2002 NBA Draft

Baxter is a two-year NBA player who played 117 career games with Chicago, Toronto and Washington and has career averages of 4.3 points and 3.5 rebounds. As a collegiate senior, he helped lead Maryland to the 2002 NCAA National Championship, averaging 15.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.97 blocks.

“He has a physical presence. He can rebound the basketball and has the ability to score with his back to the basket.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

J.R. Bremer, Guard, 6-2 / 185 lbs, St. Bonaventure '02, 6 years, Signed as a free agent by Boston on July 17, 2002

Bremer played in 31 games with Cleveland and five games with Golden State this past season. Not drafted after college, Bremer signed as a free agent with Boston on July 17, 2002 and saw action in 64 games, averaging a career-best 8.3 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.6 assists.

”J.R. Bremer is a combo guard, primarily in college he played more of a shooting guard position and then began to transition to playing the (point) as he got closer to the NBA. So he can certainly give you some points off the bench. But he has gotten a lot better at running at basketball team at the point. It’s a plus that he can give you some offense.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Primoz Prezec, Center, 7-1 / 252 lbs, 3 years, Drafted by Indiana with 27th overall pick in 2000 NBA Draft

Brezec joins the Bobcats from the Indiana Pacers, where he played all three of his NBA seasons. The 7-1, 252-pound center has 62 career games and averaged 1.8 points and 1.1 rebounds in 5.5 minutes, with 1.6 points and 0.8 rebounds this past season. A native of Slovenia, he was a member of his country’s 22-and-under national team in 1999 and played four seasons for Olimpija Ljubljana. Brezec was originally the 27th overall pick by Indiana in the 2000 NBA Draft.

“He’s a big kid with some experience in the league. Obviously he’s been groomed by a very good Indiana Pacers team the last few years. We like his size, we like his ability to hit the 15, 17-foot jumper, and he’s a seven-footer we think can help us a long the frontline.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Maurice Carter, Guard/Forward, 6-5 / 210 lbs, Louisiana State '99, 1 year, Not drafted into the NBA

Carter saw action in 10 NBA games this past season, four with the Los Angeles Lakers and six with New Orleans. A former standout at Louisiana State University, Carter played all four seasons (1995-99) at LSU, averaging 12.0 points, 3.8 rebounds and 1.3 assists in 108 games. He finished his college career with 1,299 points.

”He is a combo guy who can really score. He has a lot of experience throughout the minor leagues. But I think he is a guy who can make an NBA roster because of his ability to score the basketball.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Predrag Drobnjak, Forward/Center, 6-11 / 272 lbs, 3 years, Drafted by Washington with 49th overall pick in 1997 Draft

The Bobcats agreed to select Drobnjak as part of a trade with the L.A. Clippers that gave the Bobcats the second overall pick in the 2004 NBA Draft in exchange for the fourth and 33rd selections. A 6-11, 272 pound forward, he averaged 7.7 points and 3.6 rebounds in 19.9 minutes over 207 career games in two seasons with Seattle and one with the Clippers. The native of Serbia & Montenegro was a member of the Yugoslavian National Team that won the gold medal at the 2002 World Championships in Indianapolis.

“He’s a good pick-and-roll guy that you can use to set screens and stretch defenses. He causes match-up problems, he can help you inside because he’s very physical and he’s a veteran who knows how to play. Along with that, we like his toughness.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Desmond Ferguson, Forward, 6-7 / 203 lbs, Detroit Mercy '00, 1 year, Signed by Portland on May 26, 2003

Ferguson appeared in 41 games for Cleveland and seven for Portland this past season. He averaged 1.9 points, 0.6 rebounds in 4.6 minutes over his career. Ferguson played college basketball at Detroit Mercy and scored 1,113 points over his career.

”Desmond is just a good all around player. He hasn’t gotten a lot of experience in the league, but we feel think he might have some potential if given an opportunity.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Marcus Fizer, Forward, 6-8 / 265 lbs, Iowa State '00, 4 years, Drafted by Chicago with the 4th overall pick in 2000 NBA Draft

Fizer has played his entire four-year NBA career with Chicago. The fourth overall selection in the 2000 NBA Draft has appeared in 232 NBA games, making 35 starts, and averaged 10.5 points, 5.0 rebounds and 1.2 assists, while shooting .432 from the field.

”Well, he needs to be healthy. I know he had some injuries during last season. But he can score. Along with Lonny, probably one of the better scoring combo forwards. He can score the ball against bigger guys or smaller guys, and he does like to rebound in traffic.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Richie Frahm, Guard, 6-5 / 210 lbs, Gonzaga '00, 1 year, Signed as a free agent by Seattle on September 27, 2003

Frahm became the first Seattle rookie since Xavier McDaniel to score 30 points in a game last season, when he had 31 points on 10-11 shooting on Dec. 20, 2003 against Denver. Not drafted out of college in 2001, Frahm was Gonazaga University’s career leader in three-point field goals made with 280.

“Richie is a good shooter, and he’s a little more athletic than most people recognize. He comes from a very good college program at Gonzaga. It’s like pitching in baseball, you can never get enough shooters. And he’s certainly a guy who can stretch defenses and make shots.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Brandon Hunter, Forward, 6-7 / 260 lbs, Ohio '03, 1 year, Drafted by Boston with 56th overall pick in 2003 NBA Draft

Hunter completed his rookie season with Boston in 2003-04 and averaged 3.5 points and 3.3 minutes in 36 games. The 6-7, 260-pound forward started 12 times and shot .457 from the field in helping the Celtics to a playoff appearance. The 56th overall selection in the 2003 NBA Draft scored more than 2,000 points and 1,000 rebounds at Ohio University, joining NBA players Gary Trent and Ron Harper as the only Mid-American Conference players to achieve the feat.

"Brandon comes from a tradition of the Mid-American Conference and brings intensity, toughness, and versatility. He can rebound, he’s fierce competitor, and he loves to compete. He’s going to work hard for 82 games a year.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Jason Kapono, Forward, 6-8 / 213 lbs, UCLA '03, 1 year, Drafted by Cleveland with 31st overall pick in 2003 NBA Draft

Kapono finished his rookie season in Cleveland and shot .477 from three-point range and also hit .833 from the foul line. The 6-8, 213-pound forward averaged 3.5 points in his 41 appearances, including three starts, and was drafted with the 31st overall selection in the 2003 NBA Draft. While a collegian at UCLA, he finished third on the school’s all-time scoring list behind Don MacLean and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and was the only player in school history to lead the Bruins in scoring in four-straight seasons.

“We like Jason’s ability to make shots. He’s also able to stretch defenses. He’s going to create spacing for us on offense. He just knows how to play the game, and he’s also 6-8 so he also has the ability to play either forward or guard for us.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Zaza Pachulia, Forward, 6-11 / 240 lbs, 1 year, Drafted by Chicago with 44th selection in 2002 NBA Draft

Pachulia spent his rookie season with Orlando and appeared in 59 games. He averaged 3.3 points and 2.9 rebounds in 11.3 minutes. Pachulia reached double-figure scoring three times in 2003-04, including a career-high 14 points on Feb. 4, 2004 against Toronto.

“He’s a physical player who is young and on the inside he just has a relentless ability to stay on the offensive glass and also has the ability to make a 15, 16-foot jumper from the perimeter.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Aleksandar Pavlovic, Forward, 6-8 / 210 lbs, 1 year, Drafted by Utah with 19th overall pick in 2003 NBA Draft

Pavlovic played in 79 games for Utah as a rookie and averaged 4.8 points and 2.0 rebounds in 14.5 minutes. The 6-7, 210-pound forward from Serbia & Montenegro was the 19th selection by the Jazz in the 2003 NBA Draft after performing for the Under-20 National Team in his home country.

“He is a player who is really good at creating his own shot. He can get a shot off the dribble, and also has the potential to come in and give you some quick offense.” - Bernie Bickerstaff

Jamal Sampson, Forward / Center, 6-11 / 235 lbs, California '02, 2 years, Drafted by Utah with the 47th overall pick in the 2002 NBA Draft

Sampson is the cousin of former NBA star Ralph Sampson and joins the Bobcats from the L.A. Lakers. The 6-11, 235-pound forward/center began his NBA career with a stint in Milwaukee and played behind All-NBA center Shaquille O’Neal and All-NBA forward Karl Malone this past season and averaged 2.9 points, 5.2 rebounds and .478 from the field in 10 appearances.

“Jamal when he came into the league was the youngest player in the league. Jamal is 6-11, a good athlete and has the ability to do some things offensively that I don’t think he’s shown.” - Bernie Bickerstaff

Tamar Slay, Guard / Forward, 6-8 / 215 lbs, Marshall '02, 2 years, Drafted by New Jersey with 54th overall pick in 2002 NBA Draft

Slay was part of New Jersey’s 2002-03 Eastern Conference Champions team that went on to face eventual 2003 league champion San Antonio Spurs. A two-year NBA player, Slay has appeared in 58 career games and 12 postseason contests, all with New Jersey with career averages of 2.5 points, 1.0 rebounds and 7.6 minutes.

“Tamar Slay is an intriguing player because I think he can play multiple positions for us. Tamar has the ability to create his own shot and he also has the ability to create a shot for his team. He’s coming from a team that got to the NBA Finals when he was there.” - Bernie Bickerstaff

Theron Smith, Forward, 6-8 / 225 lbs, Ball State '03, 1 year, Signed by Memphis as a free agent on July 16, 2003

Smith played more than any rookie on the Memphis roster this past season, even after missing 53 games with right knee tendinitis. The 6-8, 225-pound forward averaged 2.2 points and 2.1 rebounds and earned regular time as the Grizzlies were fighting in the Western Conference playoff race.

“He’s a very good all around basketball player. He’s been primarily a small forward in Memphis, but has the ability to play more than one position. He’s a very good rebounder and likes to mix it up with guys who are his size and bigger.” – Bernie Bickerstaff

Jeff Trepagnier, Guard, 6-4 / 200 lbs, USC '01, 3 years, Drafted by Cleveland with 36th overall pick in 2001 NBA Draft

Trepagnier is a three-year NBA player who appeared in 174 NBA games with Cleveland (2001-02) and two with Denver. A second round selection (36th overall) in 2001, Trepagnier averaged 10.6 points and 5.1 rebounds over his four-year collegiate career at Southern California.

“He’s a great athlete and slasher who has improved his outside shot. He’s just a guy with tremendous athletic ability.” - Bernie Bickerstaff

Gerald Wallace, Forward, 6-7 / 215 lbs, Alabama '04, 3 years, Drafted by Sacramento with 25th overall pick in 2001 NBA Draft

Wallace played all three of his NBA seasons in Sacramento and finished second in the NBA Dunk Contest in 2002 to Jason Richardson. In his 138 career games, the 6-7, 215-pound guard averaged 3.8 points and 2.1 rebounds and in games he started the Kings had an 8-1 record. He was the 25th overall selection in the 2001 NBA Draft and was the 2000 High School Player of the Year.

“Gerald Wallace might be at the top of the charts athletically. He’s gotten a little stronger over the years, and he’s improved his defense. He’s hopefully a player who will be able to take on the challenge of being a defensive stopper for us.” - Bernie Bickerstaff

Jahidi White, Center / Forward, 6-9 / 290 lbs, Georgetown '98, 6 years, Drafted by Washington with 43rd overall pick in 1998 NBA Draft

White was originally drafted with the 43rd overall pick in the 1998 NBA Draft by Washington, who was coached then by Bickerstaff. White has played 317 games in a six-year career with averages of 6.0 points, 6.0 rebounds and .524 shooting from the field. The 6-9, 290-pound forward/center is the oldest and most experienced player selected by the Bobcats.

“Jahidi White is an athletic big man who is going to be an enforcer around the paint. He’s a veteran, he knows what the coach is going to ask of him and that’s rebound, run the floor and get every put back he can.” - Bernie Bickerstaff

Loren Woods, Center, 7-2 / 261 lbs, Arizona '01, 3 years, Drafted by Minnesota with 46th overall pick in 2001 NBA Draft

Woods has spent three seasons in the NBA, including two seasons in Minnesota and this past season in Miami. He has appeared in 136 career games and averaged 2.3 points and 2.6 rebounds in 10.1 minutes. No stranger to the Charlotte region, Woods played two years at Wake Forest University before transferring to Arizona following his sophomore season.

“Loren Woods is a very skilled seven-footer. Has the ability to face the basket and make the 18-foot jump shot. He’s a good passer and can also be a shot blocker.” – Bernie Bickerstaff[/SIZE]

Gerald Wallace will be fun to watch in garbage time… which will be most of the time.

I think we got a steal in Gerald Wallace. When Webber was injured and he got playing time for the past 2 years he put up pretty respectable numbers. He’s gone over 20 multiple times in his career. I think he could turn into a decent scorer for us. But all in all the rest of the roster is terrible.

When did Coach Lutz sign Gerald Wallace?

In other words do not count me in the “we” you are speaking of.

I’m sorry ShowDawg you must of thought I was trying to talk to you.

You can not be talking to me because this is a Charlotte 49ers message board and you are talking about the freakin NBA and the Bobcats and using the word “we”.