Isaiah Whaley - 2017 PF

i know we had offered him a while back. 6’9" out of ashbrook high school in gastonia. we have offered. future 150 has him ranked as the 134th. ranked player in his class and a three star. i would love to land izundu and him. does anybody know if we are still recruiting him?

nah… the coaching staff realized he might get noticed by Th’ ACC!

Please no. Bad attitude, no work ethic.

how do you know?

I was involved in his educational upbringing.

I’m guessing the gas in your name has less to do with how well you digest your food and more about where your from.

[font=Tahoma][size=2px]I’m guessing the gas in your name has less to do with how well you digest your food and more about where your from.[/size][/font]
[font=Tahoma][/size][/font]
[font=Tahoma][/size][size=2px]It’s about equal.[/size][/font] ;D

I’m guessing the gas in your name has less to do with how well you digest your food and more about where your from.[/quote]

It’s about equal!

Here’s a blurb from today’s Gaston Gazette: One thing’s for sure: Ashbrook’s basketball team is one focused bunch. “We all have one goal and that’s to win the states and conference,” Green Wave junior Isaiah Whaley said. “We should be real good.”
And that’s the general consensus as Ashbrook is an overwhelming favorite to win the Big South 2A/3A Conference.
Whaley is among the Green Wave’s four returning starters and might as well be considered the preseason player of the year. The slender 6-foot-9 forward/center (190 pounds) has received offers from Georgia, Virginia Tech, Charlotte, Appalachian State and Western Carolina.

the more i watch this kid’s video, the more i realize that a front court of him and izundu would give us some serious interior defense.

Gonna go see this kid on 1/20 vs Hunter Huss HS. Not confident he’ll come here, but Ashbrook’s my school and when they have a good player/team I try to catch a game.

RT @Coach_Rick57: Per coach Cortez, Kansas is the latest to show interest in 6’9 Jr. Isaiah Whaley.

Watched Isaiah play last night in Ashbrook’s 77-68 win over Huss. He finished with 12 points, 10 blocks and seven rebounds. In this game, he was not overly impressive on offense, but he is a talented rebounder and shot blocker. He looks like he needs to build some upper body mass/strength.

On a cool side note, got to see former NINER, Rod Howard’s retired HS jersey (50) on the gym wall, along side those for James Worthy and Darrell Armstrong.

[quote=“49er1, post:13, topic:29092”]Watched Isaiah play last night in Ashbrook’s 77-68 win over Huss. He finished with 12 points, 10 blocks and seven rebounds. In this game, he was not overly impressive on offense, but he is a talented rebounder and shot blocker. He looks like he needs to build some upper body mass/strength.

On a cool side note, got to see former NINER, Rod Howard’s retired HS jersey (50) on the gym wall, along side those for James Worthy and Darrell Armstrong.[/quote]
Rod and his boys were at the North Texas game the other night.

[quote=“Nugget, post:14, topic:29092”][quote=“49er1, post:13, topic:29092”]Watched Isaiah play last night in Ashbrook’s 77-68 win over Huss. He finished with 12 points, 10 blocks and seven rebounds. In this game, he was not overly impressive on offense, but he is a talented rebounder and shot blocker. He looks like he needs to build some upper body mass/strength.

On a cool side note, got to see former NINER, Rod Howard’s retired HS jersey (50) on the gym wall, along side those for James Worthy and Darrell Armstrong.[/quote]
Rod and his boys were at the North Texas game the other night.[/quote]

It warms my heart (really) to see former players come “home” for a game, now and then. Too bad we don’t win more for them.

Ashbrook beat Crest today 47-46 and will play Fayetteville Terry Sanford HS next Saturday for the 3A title. Roll Wave!!

MVP of Western N.C. 3A Regional in Winston-Salem. Stat line for the 2 wins: 13.5 ppg 11.5 rpg, and 6.5 bpg.

If anyone is interested, this game is on TWC channel 324 tomorrow (3/14) at 7:30 PM. It will be played in Carmichael Arena, the same building my old Gastonia Ashley Green Wave won the 4A Championship in '67. Gonna be there in person hopefully to get a nice win, a shot of March Madness and exorcize some of the demons of this NINER season. ROLL GREEN WAVE, ROLL!

I piss on the Greenwaves. GO HUSKIES!!!

Is Marty Hatcher still coaching @ Ashbrook?