It feels like we didn’t play very well

And we still won by 15.

That’s what good teams do :partying_face::partying_face:

I’m not expecting a sellout next game, but I think we will see a lot of returnees. Lots of people in concourse after game talking about how they hadn’t been to games in a long time and how fun it was.

Halton is fun again. Very jealous of the students down in the student section. Looked like a blast. I hope today gave Biff a glimpse into what a winning Charlotte fan base looks like.

13 Likes

clt says we were rusty/overexcited in the first half. fearne said they could hear the crowd in the locker room before coming on the court.

6 Likes

I agree, we didn’t look as great scoring the ball as we had. I feel like there were a lot of times we kept passing out of good open looks to then become tightly defended 1-2 passes later. But… the game pretty much felt like it was under control throughout. Or at least wasn’t getting away from us.

3 Likes

They did look tight early but settled down a bit in the second half. The atmosphere probably added some unfamiliar pressure.

6 Likes

We are a very consistent, well-coached, disciplined team. In the past we would have crumbled. Best part is we use the 3 to pull-away when we have a 2 possession lead - not to comeback or panic when it is close.

2 Likes

Matt and Trevor were talking about this on the post-game that you couldn’t believe we ended up winning by 15. I felt at halftime it was going to be close coming down the stretch and even thought It would be “classic Charlotte” to lose a game like this. But this team appears to be different (thankful for that).

4 Likes

Gotta let the team know that a big crowd isn’t added pressure over their heads, it’s a foundation underneath them.

6 Likes

EXCELLENT point! Love the way that’s framed!!! Have you considered Writing, Braille!