Iti impressed with Guards

On Ninerreport, Iti is saying that he is really impressed with both freshman guards we have and that the battle for the point spot is going to be intense. I hope thats true, it sounds like the guys we brought in are ballers!

[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Sep 9 2004, 04:40 PM [b] it sounds like the guys we brought in are ballers! [/b]
I hope they can shoot FTs at a rate of at least 70%, if so then they are. If not, then they're like a million other STREET ballers who flash and dash but CHOKE at the line when the game is up for grabs.
[i]Originally posted by Iron9er[/i]@Sep 9 2004, 04:40 PM [b] On Ninerreport, Iti is saying that he is really impressed with both freshman guards we have and that the battle for the point spot is going to be intense. I hope thats true, it sounds like the guys we brought in are ballers! [/b]
I'm hearing good reports on Drayton and Nance as well. Nance is ready to do the dirty work. He's not as massive as Calvin but close to the same size. He won't shoot much which is a good thing. Drayton has added some mass. They both have been hitting it hard in the weight room. Preston Greene (Director of Strength and Conditioning) kicks ass over there.
[i]Originally posted by LeftyNiner[/i]@Sep 10 2004, 08:22 AM [b]Nance is ready to do the dirty work. He's not as massive as Calvin but close to the same size. He won't shoot much which is a good thing. [/b]
thank you! I think we will be a LOT better off this year with less guys who are going to be looking for shots. We have enough really good scorers on the team that we don't need points from certain players(PG or any backup frontcourt players besides Drayton). Our offensive attack should be much better with only about 4 or 5 guys having the "green light" all game long. Demon's points were nice, and Calvin did have some good games for us, but getting the ball to our best players should be the emphasis this year, either let Plavich have his 3 or give it to Withers or Basden all game long...
[i]Originally posted by Butter49er[/i]@Sep 10 2004, 12:16 PM [b] but getting the ball to our best players should be the emphasis this year, either let Plavich have his 3 or give it to Withers or Basden all game long... [/b]
Eddie and Curtis have really looked good. Both could be first team guys. The coaches believe Curtis will take the next step and Eddie is so strong for a 3.