Iti with a solid game

If we could get 6 blocks, 5 boards and 4 points, I will take it. We need a big game from him against the 'ville.

He totally intimidated USM inside. They altered their shots and threw up some weak shots. That foul was BS, Iti was going up for the dunk when the ref blew his whistle. Other times, Martin made contact with the player without fouling him.

[font=Optima][SIZE=3]ITI TIME!!![/font][/SIZE]

Iti’s putback dunk from the free throw line was about the nastiest things i have ever seen.

Playing devil’s advocate, but Iti did this against one of the smallest teams we’ve played all year. Don’t get me wrong, I was pleased with his game and I think it may be a good confidence boost for him. But I’d like to see him show up Thursday as well before I give him a free pass after all the previous games. I’m pulling for him though.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 26 2005, 05:22 PM [b] Playing devil's advocate, but Iti did this against one of the smallest teams we've played all year. [/b]
People were using that as a reason for why he played bad early in the year.

He had a great game, finally, in conference. I think he thought this was the Tulane game.

Good game today. He blocked more shots in Halton than anyone since CH, rest in peace.

Martin playing like this is like Plavitch on offense. Defenses have to adjust to Plav which frees up the middle for Eddie and Curt. Plav doesn’t have to score or shoot, but the threat of him doing so will change alter what teams can do on defense.
If Iti can do this on defense, make other teams inside player hesitate to go up, we become so much better, even if Martin doesn’t block 6 shots.

tintin

I’m just happy for the kid. He’s been thru alot of crap simply because he has a money grubbing handler. We’ve had a lot of people giving up on him, booing him or whatever and it’s not the kid’s fault.

He needs confidence and I hope he got that from today’s game. With a CONFIDENT Iti in the middle to block/alter shots, we are a very scary team. I hope he builds on this game. I hope he stays in Charlotte. He could be a real force with another 2 years of improvement.

I know he had to love the student section chanting “Iti, Iti, Iti…” after his 5th/6th block. That was pretty cool.

Keep your head and your heart in it big fella…you can still get to where you want to be if you keep working!

IMHO if Iti is willing to stick around and better his skill, he would be another special Niners in the next two years. The NBA will come to him along with things that he dreams of. Go Niners ! Win out take both season and conference title with us to the A-10!

Martin needs to work on his grip. He stayed on the ground almost all game, which was outstanding. He still can’t hold onto the ball when he gets rebounds.

He’s got a lot to work on, but if he does, he can be really solid.

great post. i agree we have to stick by iti. he is gonna have some good games and some bad ones. if he gets his confidence hes gonna be great.

It’s something to build on, and hopefully he can continue to do so against USF. Confidence is a good thing, and so has been his attitude through all this. We need something… anything… out of him against Palacios, George, and Myles. Louisville has a heck of a front court to go with a heck of a back court.

[i]Originally posted by amstamey[/i]@Feb 26 2005, 05:21 PM [b] Iti's putback dunk from the free throw line was about the nastiest things i have ever seen. [/b]
Stop closing your eyes, or taking popcorn breaks when Eddie's on the court. You are really missing out!
[i]Originally posted by Southern Pines N Da House+Feb 26 2005, 07:51 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Southern Pines N Da House @ Feb 26 2005, 07:51 PM)

Martin was up about as high as I’ve ever seen him for that dunk. It’s one of his best, and seemingly came out of nowhere because I had noticed him as the play evolved.

The one thing I think he needs to realize, and it looked like he did today, is that his main purpose is to take up space and get in the other offense’s way. If he realizes this and works a little on his hands, he will be just fine. Points will come with playing time. He also set a really good screen on one of Plav’s 3’s. He was really active today. A few more pounds wouldn’t hurt either. Great day for him…I hope he can carry this over to Louisville.

No, I believe if Iti sticks around he will be a force by his senior year. I have to keep reminding myself he is a sophomore. I love 4 year players and if he becomes one I think he will develop into the guy we want/need. Remember he had a good defensive game in the tourney last year. I’m calling that he plays strong from here on out.

Martin had a great game today. Those six blocks were impressive. I didn’t see Southern Miss get any easy lay-ups when Martin was in the game. Great game big guy!

[i]Originally posted by mineshaft[/i]@Feb 26 2005, 08:29 PM [b] No, I believe if Iti sticks around he will be a force by his senior year. I have to keep reminding myself he is a sophomore. I love 4 year players and if he becomes one I think he will develop into the guy we want/need. [/b]
True. Eddie wasn't exactly the offensive beast he is now during his first two years. I'm hard on Iti because he thought he was better than he is but he could still blossom into a very talented post player. I expect a big jump during his junior year if he sticks around. And he can still be very beneficial as this season winds down.