Iti's Return??

Just curious.

Since he withdrew from the draft I think we all have assumed that Iti is back in Niner green but after reading Withers’ comments in Jason Jordan’s article it appears as if there is still a substantial amount of uncertainty.

Any insiders out there with some scoop?

I find it hard to believe that he would not come back. If his goal is to take care of his family thru NBA riches ASAP, then you would think his ONLY option would be to come back.

I am very confused as to Withers’ comments…and Iti’s future in Niner green.

Any info??

Curtis’ comments fit the general disposition of Iti though. He’s rarely with anyone from the team. That and he’s probably got a pretty damn good case of bruised ego that’s been slow to heal.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jul 18 2004, 03:16 PM [b] Curtis' comments fit the general disposition of Iti though. He's rarely with anyone from the team. That and he's probably got a pretty damn good case of bruised ego that's been slow to heal. [/b]
Heh... when 100s of people tell you not to walk down that dark alley becuase you can't handle it yet, but still decide to do so... any bruises he received on his way can't be blamed on anyone.

The best way to “control” or “brainwash” someone is to isolate him from all others and keep feeding him your line of reasoning till the person believes it is true or fact.

I do not have a good feeling about Iti.

In that same article Withers also said we will have 4 returning starters. Sounds like he is assuming Iti will be back, but they aren’t thinking about him when they do their summer workouts. I’m sure they weren’t thinking about him last year either when he was in Australia for a good amount of time in summer…there is obviously some doubt with him, but there was doubt from the moment he committed here and there will be doubt until the moment he officially signs an agent or uses up his 4 years here.

[i]Originally posted by Butter49er[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 06:48 AM [b] In that same article Withers also said we will have 4 returning starters. Sounds like he is assuming Iti will be back, but they aren't thinking about him when they do their summer workouts. I'm sure they weren't thinking about him last year either when he was in Australia for a good amount of time in summer......there is obviously some doubt with him, but there was doubt from the moment he committed here and there will be doubt until the moment he officially signs an agent or uses up his 4 years here. [/b]
I think Butter about summed it up. His future is uncertain. Remember, he attended something like six different high schools since coming to the US.

All I can say is I hope Chris Nance can pick it up and be a big time player.

If Iti’s schtick is getting a little old on me, a fan, then I’m sure the players are pretty tired of it…which would kinda explain Withers’ comments.

TSD -> I hope Iti is worth all this distraction.

I bet she could crack walnuts with that thing.

[i]Originally posted by NinerFan[/i]@Jul 19 2004, 12:29 PM [b] TSD -> I hope Iti is worth all this distraction. [/b]
Talk about a distraction! Damn!

Think he’ll be back next year?