It's hard to be All-American when...

You’re not even named to the All-District team by the NABC.

RECORD NINE C-USA MEN’S BASKETBALL PLAYERS NAMED TO
2005 NABC ALL-DISRICT TEAMS

IRVING, Texas - A record nine Conference USA men’s basketball players were named to the 2005 National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) All-District teams. Junior Francisco Garcia and senior Taquan Dean of Louisville were both named to the District 7 First Team, along with Memphis junior forward Rodney Carney. Cincinnati senior Jason Maxiell also earned First Team recognition for District 10. The 150 student-athletes, from 15 districts, are now eligible for the NABC’s Division I All-America Team to be announced at the conclusion of this basketball season.

Five Conference USA men’s basketball players were tabbed to their respective Second Team All-District squads. Maxiell’s teammate, junior Eric Hicks, was named to the District 10 Second Team. Houston senior Andre Owens and TCU senior guard Corey Santee were both named to the Second Team for District 9. Conference USA’s top two scorers, Marquette senior point guard Travis Diener (20.0 ppg) and DePaul senior Quemont Greer (19.5 ppg) each earned a spot on the District 11 Second Team.

The nine selections is a Conference USA record and the most selections since the 1997-98 season with eight. The four players on the NABC All-District First Team are also the most in conference history (only three players made the First Team in 1997-98).
-ConferenceUSA.com-

There’s nothing better than living in ACC country. BS! Do people even realize there are other teams and players besides those in the ACC? Hodge hasn’t had a great year and his team blows. Here is the full list.

http://collegebasketballnews.scout.com/2/353329.html

That is f****** ridiculous.

[i]Originally posted by QCITY9er[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 08:46 AM [b] There's nothing better than living in ACC country. BS! Do people even realize there are other teams and players besides those in the ACC? Hodge hasn't had a great year and his team blows. Here is the full list.

http://collegebasketballnews.scout.com/2/353329.html [/b]

Eddie would smoke half the players on our district’s list.

What a joke. Who picks these things? Real analysts seem to know our team by now. What a slap in the face to our team from what must be the main stream media; (i.e. the media who read their ACC box scores once a week)

COREY SANTEE?!?!

I realize these are districts, but come on…

[b]What a joke. Who picks these things?[/b]
Coaches make the selections, the NABC is the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

Who from the district would’ve voted for EB or CW other than Lutz, Bob McKillop and Chisox’s pal, Eddie Biedenbach? There would be no love from the Big 4 coaches.

Are these the same coaches that voted us #21? I guess that we made it there despite a horribly untalented team. Given all the talent the ACC has wouldn’t that mean that they have horrible coaches to be as bad as some teams are (G tech and NC State).

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Feb 22 2005, 09:23 AM [b] Are these the same coaches that voted us #21? I guess that we made it there despite a horribly untalented team. Given all the talent the ACC has wouldn't that mean that they have horrible coaches to be as bad as some teams are (G tech and NC State). [/b]
Not exactly. The district voting is done by coaches just in the district, Charlotte is at a disadvantage there. Had the 49ers been in the midwest, there might have been some love shown but not in ACC country.

Here is the list of ESPN coaches for the poll. The USA TODAY/ESPN Board of Coaches is made up of 31 Division I head coaches. All are members of the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The 2004-05 board: Dana Altman, Creighton; Tevester Anderson, Jackson State; Eddie Biedenbach, North Carolina-Asheville; Jim Boeheim, Syracuse; Charles Coles, Miami (Ohio); Barry Collier, Nebraska; Dick Davey; Santa Clara; Fran Dunphy, Pennsylvania; Mick Durham, Montana State; Rob Evans, Arizona State; Steve Fisher, San Diego State; Pat Flannery, Bucknell; Greg Graham, Boise State; Tom Green, Fairleigh Dickinson; David Henderson, Delaware; Bob Huggins, Cincinnati; Johnny Jones, North Texas; Gene Keady, Purdue; Eddie McCarter, Texas-Arlington; Bob McKillop, Davidson; Phil Martelli, Saint Joseph’s; Joe Mihalich, Niagara; Ron “Fang” Mitchell, Coppin State; Dave Odom, South Carolina; Rick Samuels, Eastern Illinois; Kirk Speraw, Central Florida; Bob Thomason, Pacific; Perry Watson, Detroit Mercy; Gary Williams, Maryland; Dennis Wolff, Boston University; Rich Zvosec, Missouri-Kansas City.

WHAT A JOKE THIS IS!! IS ANYBODY PAYING ATTENTION TO THIS NINER TEAM? WE’RE 1/2 GAME OUT OF FIRST IN CUSA WITH 4 GAMES TO GO, FOR GOD’S SAKE! THIS IS A LOAD OF CRAP THAT COACH NEEDS TO USE AS MOTIVATION TO KICK MORE ASS AND TAKE MORE NAMES!! UNBELIEVEABLE!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I took a look at the NABC archives to see how we’ve faired in the past. First, we are listed as “N.C.-Charlotte” in their list.

Here are Niners who have been recognized in the past :

[b]Year / Player / Team (2 = 2nd team)

77–Cedric Maxwell (2)
78–Lew Massey (2)
80–Chad Kinch (2)
89–Byron Dinkins (2)
92–Henry Williams (2)
95–Jarvis Lang (2)
97–DeMarco Johnson (2)
98–Demarco Johnson (2)[/b]

Link: NABC All-District, 1950-2003

nm

[QUOTE] QUOTE
What a joke. Who picks these things?

Coaches make the selections, the NABC is the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

Yeah, I remembered that after I typed the post. I guess this makes me a little more angry then. It’s tough to live in ACC land. That district could have an All-American team by itself.

Hodge?..Jack?..

Please play up to your potential if you plan on taking Eddie and Curtis’ spot on this. Unbelievable, the country’s best defender doesn’t have a spot on here. As mentioned frequently on this board, national exposure is costing us these things.

I would love to see Eddie shadow McCants for a game and see what happens. Then McCants would be in prison…

By the way, Judy Rose talked to our Sports Marketing class for an hour and a half today. She was very impressive. Addressed Bobby’s contract situation (including NC State and UVA possibilities), merchandising, and football among other things. I can post comments if anybody wants to know, but nothing was too shocking.