Jailan Haslem - 2017 C - signed LOI to Charlotte

Could he be our best Center since Phil Jones?

Joseph Uchebo is offended.

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:61, topic:30908”]Could he be our best Center since Phil Jones?[/quote]IMO, Thorne was better than Phil.

Phil was a great shotblocker, something we have desperately needed for several years now, but Thorne was a better scorer and rebounder.

[quote=“Niner National, post:63, topic:30908”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:61, topic:30908”]Could he be our best Center since Phil Jones?[/quote]IMO, Thorne was better than Phil.

Phil was a great shotblocker, something we have desperately needed for several years now, but Thorne was a better scorer and rebounder.[/quote]

No way. Phil was way better,on offense also. Much better shooter.

clt’s top centers list:

El tamir
Beans
Larry

What are you guys talking about? It’s all about Iti.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:64, topic:30908”][quote=“Niner National, post:63, topic:30908”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:61, topic:30908”]Could he be our best Center since Phil Jones?[/quote]IMO, Thorne was better than Phil.

Phil was a great shotblocker, something we have desperately needed for several years now, but Thorne was a better scorer and rebounder.[/quote]

No way. Phil was way better,on offense also. Much better shooter.[/quote]

Yeah Phil was almost automatic from the top of the key.

[quote=“cltniners, post:65, topic:30908”]clt’s top centers list:

El tamir
Beans
Larry[/quote]

I don’t think you can leave Vanhook off that list. He is the only center we have had that was top 3 in points, rebounds and technicals.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:64, topic:30908”][quote=“Niner National, post:63, topic:30908”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:61, topic:30908”]Could he be our best Center since Phil Jones?[/quote]IMO, Thorne was better than Phil.

No way. Phil was way better,on offense also. Much better shooter.[/quote]you could argue he was better offensively and not look silly but you can’t say way better. PHIL played pretty soft around the basket. Thorne went hard.

Personally I prefer a center that sucks the defense in rather than one that will stand around the perimeter.

If Phil had Thorne’s inside presence and rebounding he probably would have made it to the NBA. He got a few preseason stints even with the holes in his game.

Hopefully Haslem can be more of a hybrid of Thorne and Phil. More than anything though, I want him to block and alter shots and not give up easy rebounds. That’s the lowest hanging fruit for improvement for this team.

[quote=“Nugget, post:68, topic:30908”][quote=“cltniners, post:65, topic:30908”]clt’s top centers list:

El tamir
Beans
Larry[/quote]

I don’t think you can leave Vanhook off that list. He is the only center we have had that was top 3 in points, rebounds and technicals.[/quote]

Expect nothing less from that quality Cape Fear CC pipe line

Phil would have been more of an asset had he been able to pass.

clt would like to see us recuit a center like wilt, the goat.

How can you seriously be forgetting Gokhan Sirin who left us after only 2 years to go pro???

Haslem has signed his NLI!

Just saw this from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/49ersBasketball/status/854816755646177280

[quote=“austinniner, post:75, topic:30908”]Just saw this from yesterday:

https://twitter.com/49ersBasketball/status/854816755646177280[/quote]

Ha! Using the roof of The Spectrum for a view of the QC skyline. Nice. :o

Good pick up! We needed this bad! I see some Udonis in his game without the jumpers :slight_smile:

clt says appy does the same thing with the wendys in Boone

[quote=“49er1, post:76, topic:30908”][quote=“austinniner, post:75, topic:30908”]Just saw this from yesterday:

Ha! Using the roof of The Spectrum for a view of the QC skyline. Nice. :o[/quote]

Pretty sure that’s the view from fahrenheit, not roof of spectrum lol

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:79, topic:30908”][quote=“49er1, post:76, topic:30908”][quote=“austinniner, post:75, topic:30908”]Just saw this from yesterday:

Ha! Using the roof of The Spectrum for a view of the QC skyline. Nice. :o[/quote]

Pretty sure that’s the view from fahrenheit, not roof of spectrum lol[/quote]

Yeah. saw the transit center below and since I’ve never been to this spot, just miscalculated the location.