Jailan Haslem - 2017 C - signed LOI to Charlotte

Can you summon a positive opinion for Charlotte athletics?[/quote]
I’ll take that as yes. The poster watched some video and didn’t like what he saw. I see nothing wrong with him posting that. The poster said he wants to be proven wrong and hopes he is. Also said a fact that 6’10 doesn’t meant anything which is also true.

I’ll take that as yes. The poster watched some video and didn’t like what he saw. I see nothing wrong with him posting that. The poster said he wants to be proven wrong and hopes he is. Also said a fact that 6’10 doesn’t meant anything which is also true.[/quote]
I said nothing about his opinion being unwelcome, I just made an observation of his behavior. Hate it for you if that hit home as the resident curmudgeon.

I’ll take that as yes. The poster watched some video and didn’t like what he saw. I see nothing wrong with him posting that. The poster said he wants to be proven wrong and hopes he is. Also said a fact that 6’10 doesn’t meant anything which is also true.[/quote]
I said nothing about his opinion being unwelcome, I just made an observation of his behavior. Hate it for you if that hit home as the resident curmudgeon.[/quote]
Haha. Yep.

A big that we desperately need committed to us the day before signing day and the first reply is negative towards him. At least save negative comments until the ink is dry on the NLI.

Guy is a stud.

[quote=“JB, post:38, topic:30908”][quote=“ninerJ, post:33, topic:30908”][quote=“J Fleet, post:32, topic:30908”][quote=“ninerJ, post:2, topic:30908”]I hope this doesn’t keep a better big man from committing…
Awfully wary if this guy. Not trying to be negative…just sayin…[/quote]Literally the first post about this guy after he committed. We deserve all the misery we get.

Welcome to Charlotte, Jailan![/quote]
6’10" does not make a basketball player.
I hope I’m wrong and if I am have the PA announcer call me out at the end of the season.
But I don’t think the guy can get up and down the court, much less guard.
Benas, Bergang, Washington…if all it took is height, be would have been dancing.[/quote]

[size=1em]
[font=verdana]Bashing the kid before he steps foot on campus, nice.[/font][/size][/quote]

It’s one of the things this fan base does best and I have no idea why.

[font=roboto][size=13px]“A big that we desperate[/size][/font][font=roboto][size=13px]ly need committed to us the day before signing day and the first reply is negative towards him. At least save negative comments until the ink is dry on the NLI.” [/size][/font]

[font=roboto][size=13px]nah. we’re doing great. just keep up what we’ve been doing here. we’ll be fine. the recruits who come here to read [/size][/font][font=roboto][size=1em]about themselves are used to social media, blahblah. [/size][/font]
[font=roboto][size=1em]bs. [/size][/font]
[font=roboto][size=1em]seriously. i wonder how many potential recruits have come on nn.n early in the process and seen how we trash coaches, current players, recruits. hell, the whole athletic department, not to mention the athletic director herself. great recruiting assist i’m sure.[/size][/font]
[font=roboto][size=1em]but…these kids (many of them “prima donnas” who know little other than how great they are) drop in here. make no mistake about it. [/size][/font]
[font=roboto][size=1em]our negativity is overwhelming. winning will surely help, but some brightening of attitude here could become a factor too.[/size][/font]

also, when can jailan enroll? if he still wants to come? :’(

[quote=“earlyniner, post:48, topic:30908”]also, when can jailan enroll? if he still wants to come? :’([/quote]Players often enroll in summer sessions.

[quote=“earlyniner, post:47, topic:30908”][font=roboto][size=13px]“A big that we desperate[/size][/font][font=roboto][size=13px]ly need committed to us the day before signing day and the first reply is negative towards him. At least save negative comments until the ink is dry on the NLI.” [/size][/font]

[font=roboto][size=13px]nah. we’re doing great. just keep up what we’ve been doing here. we’ll be fine. the recruits who come here to read [/size][/font][font=roboto][size=1em]about themselves are used to social media, blahblah. [/size][/font]
[font=roboto][size=1em]seriously. i wonder how many potential recruits have come on nn.n early in the process and seen how we trash coaches, current players, recruits. hell, the whole athletic department, not to mention the athletic director herself. great recruiting assist i’m sure.[/size][/font]
[font=roboto][size=1em]but…these kids (many of them “prima donnas” who know little other than how great they are) drop in here. make no mistake about it. [/size][/font]
[font=roboto][size=1em]our negativity is overwhelming. winning will surely help, but some brightening of attitude here could become a factor too.[/size][/font][/quote]
Metro tweeted directly at a recruit and he didn’t change mind. If you suck as a coach you should be called out on it. Very simple.

[quote=“sportsman1417, post:50, topic:30908”][quote=“earlyniner, post:47, topic:30908”][font=roboto][size=13px]“A big that we desperate[/size][/font][font=roboto][size=13px]ly need committed to us the day before signing day and the first reply is negative towards him. At least save negative comments until the ink is dry on the NLI.” [/size][/font]

[font=roboto][size=1em]our negativity is overwhelming. winning will surely help, but some brightening of attitude here could become a factor too.[/size][/font][/quote]
Metro tweeted directly at a recruit and he didn’t change mind. If you suck as a coach you should be called out on it. Very simple.[/quote] What good comes of bad mouthing coaches to recruits? Just because no apparent harm came from Metro’s tweets does not mean it was a good idea. I believe he wound up apologizing for that, by the way.

What was the tweet?

[quote=“4ever niner, post:51, topic:30908”][quote=“sportsman1417, post:50, topic:30908”][quote=“earlyniner, post:47, topic:30908”][font=roboto][size=13px]“A big that we desperate[/size][/font][font=roboto][size=13px]ly need committed to us the day before signing day and the first reply is negative towards him. At least save negative comments until the ink is dry on the NLI.” [/size][/font]

Metro tweeted directly at a recruit and he didn’t change mind. If you suck as a coach you should be called out on it. Very simple.[/quote] What good comes of bad mouthing coaches to recruits? Just because no apparent harm came from Metro’s tweets does not mean it was a good idea. I believe he wound up apologizing for that, by the way.[/quote]
This is a bleeping message board for fans to get together. There will be both positive and negative posts. That’s reality. When you don’t have success like we haven’t, more negative than positive. Doesn’t matter what sport it is.

Haslem is not responsible for anything that preceded him, which is why it’s easy for me to be hopeful for a recruit and not project my frustration with the past on to him.

Beyond that it’s really a matter of decency at the end of the day. This kid is signing up to come here and play for us. He’s openly stating he wants to be part of a team that puts us back where we want to be. No way am I going to look for the negatives in a kid like that.

clt says we need more Carrie underwood and alpha duster chat pic. That will lure 5 star players.

Pretty sure he tweeted at recruits not to come here during Major’s era. Was absurd.

[quote=“NLP, post:54, topic:30908”]Haslem is not responsible for anything that preceded him, which is why it’s easy for me to be hopeful for a recruit and not project my frustration with the past on to him.

Beyond that it’s really a matter of decency at the end of the day. This kid is signing up to come here and play for us. He’s openly stating he wants to be part of a team that puts us back where we want to be. No way am I going to look for the negatives in a kid like that.[/quote]

Agree. And I’m pretty sure that Over40NINER would agree with this too.

Video of Haslem’s team. There are several more on youtube. I think he is #32.

Thanks for posting those videos Hawthorne_49er. I didn’t watch all of them, but in a few minutes I did notice some interesting things. He’s got legitimate size, enough to bang down low for position and rebounds if he wants to. I didn’t see him block any shots, but he did affect what the other team did on offense. They checked their drives to the basket if he got over to cover the move, so he may have potential to be a defensive presence we’ve completely lacked in the past two years. He’s not super fast, I’d say he moves like a 7+ footer, but he seems quick enough to contribute in the post.

I wish he was a freshman, so he’d have more time to develop skills and endurance for the college game. But I’m glad he decided to come to Charlotte, hopefully he is quick to adjust. Most jucos we get probably 1.5 quality years from them at most in the past, but we need help right away.

[quote=“9erken, post:59, topic:30908”]Thanks for posting those videos Hawthorne_49er. I didn’t watch all of them, but in a few minutes I did notice some interesting things. He’s got legitimate size, enough to bang down low for position and rebounds if he wants to. I didn’t see him block any shots, but he did affect what the other team did on offense. They checked their drives to the basket if he got over to cover the move, so he may have potential to be a defensive presence we’ve completely lacked in the past two years. He’s not super fast, I’d say he moves like a 7+ footer, but he seems quick enough to contribute in the post.

I wish he was a freshman, so he’d have more time to develop skills and endurance for the college game. But I’m glad he decided to come to Charlotte, hopefully he is quick to adjust. Most jucos we get probably 1.5 quality years from them at most in the past, but we need help right away.[/quote]

Affecting shot selection is exactly what we need. Glad he’s here.