Javarris Barnett

[QUOTE=moss2k;278510]Cakewalk, I think Barenett is expected to grow a little more. 6ā€™5 when he signed, heā€™s at 6ā€™7 right now.[/QUOTE]

whoa, we have a 6ā€™7 shooting guardā€¦??

I hope Barnett pans out.

What about Phaler. I know he is missing his threes. But he is only in for a minute or two. Anyone think that we should use Phaler for like 10-15 minutes a game. Itā€™s like Bobby is only playing him because heā€™s a senior and he transferred here and really hasnā€™t got any playing time, and Bobby feels bad about it. Do you think it is more Phaler and his abilities keeping him back or our coaches not molding/coaching him?

bottom line, the guys isnt hitting shots when he is in there. if he did, he would play.

bottom line, the guys isnt hitting shots when he is in there. if he did, he would play.

I half way agree. But you canā€™t expect him to come cold off the bench to hit a three in a minute or two and if he misses, he is yanked. That really hurts your confidence. Goldwire doesnā€™t hit his first 3 he takes in a game. Iā€™m just saying in the middle of a game isnā€™t the time to get a minute or two out of a player. Thats reserved for the final minutes when the game is decided. I say give him uhhhhā€¦ 6 minutes a game atleast or donā€™t play him in the middle of the game. If anything, his missed cold shots could be a Goldwire or Anderson made shotā€¦

Iā€™ll argue all day for Sean. Guy has the talent he wouldnā€™t be here if he didnā€™t. Itā€™s extremely hard I donā€™t care if your a Division I College Basketball player on scholarship or not to come into a game after sitting on the [B]bench for 20-30 minutes[/B] and come right in and nail a shot. I know everyone is going to say he is 0-5 for the season but it takes more than one offensive set to find your rhythm. Getting one shot attempt and then being benched again is not a good attempt of giving Sean a chance. The most he has been in a game all season is the [B]Monmoth loss[/B] for a total of [B]6 Mins. He went 0-3 and Leemire went 5-18 and the team as a whole shot 37.3% from the field.[/B] Granted he is a tremendous mismatch. He is a 6-9 SG. He was recruited as a SG. The coaches consider him our zone buster. Because he is so much taller than any guard who will be guarding him. Guy just hasnā€™t been given a legit chance.

it just doesnt seem like he really has his head in the game. he shows up late for shootarounds, when he got time last year he didnt do anything. of course i would love him to become the 6ā€™9" mismatch hes supposed to be. maybe he needs to spend some more early mornings in the gym getting his game back. also, i dont know if i agree with the statement that he wouldnt be d one if he didnt have talent. i wont say that he doesnt have talent i think all niner fans can name some guys we have had who didnt have talent. i do agree though, that it is hard to come off the bench cold and hit shots but he has to give the coaches a reason to play him more.

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;278536]Iā€™ll argue all day for Sean. Guy has the talent he wouldnā€™t be here if he didnā€™t. Itā€™s extremely hard I donā€™t care if your a Division I College Basketball player on scholarship or not to come into a game after sitting on the [B]bench for 20-30 minutes[/B] and come right in and nail a shot. I know everyone is going to say he is 0-5 for the season but it takes more than one offensive set to find your rhythm. Getting one shot attempt and then being benched again is not a good attempt of giving Sean a chance. The most he has been in a game all season is the [B]Monmoth loss[/B] for a total of [B]6 Mins. He went 0-3 and Leemire went 5-18 and the team as a whole shot 37.3% from the field.[/B] Granted he is a tremendous mismatch. He is a 6-9 SG. He was recruited as a SG. The coaches consider him our zone buster. Because he is so much taller than any guard who will be guarding him. Guy just hasnā€™t been given a legit chance.[/QUOTE]

It makes me curious too. But donā€™t you assume they evaluate players on how they do in scrimmages? I have to believe that if Phaler was out playing Ian in scrimmages then he would be getting more playing time.