Jaylan McGill - 2017 G - Signed LOI to Charlotte

[quote=“cibik02, post:20, topic:30975”]Being realistic is not misery. You live in la la land if you think we have a chance at 1st. We were 7-12 against this pathetic 23rd ranked cusa last year.

Name the new guy that will propel us to greatness this year?[/quote]
God. We are due.

We will most likely be predicted around middle of the pack this year in the preseason, I’d assume. No one in their right mind would project us top quarter.

Stating we have the best player in CUSA doesn’t mean it’s a fact. I’d imagine Marshall fans think the same of Jon Elmore (being that he is the only returning 1st teamer) and UAB fans think the same of William Lee, etc.

We hopefully have a few unexpected surprises on the roster. But, I wouldn’t bet on that.

Having a balanced roster will let our best players be better.

[quote=“cibik02, post:20, topic:30975”]Being realistic is not misery. You live in la la land if you think we have a chance at 1st. We were 7-12 against this pathetic 23rd ranked cusa last year.

i was not predicting first, and im still not but it could happen. i think haslim could make a big difference and vasic looks quite talented but more than that, the sum of having a lot of depth will make a difference. how many games did we lose because we had almost literally no center? we played aube at center a lot last season so having a legit 6’10" guy with some skills could make a big difference. also, another year of davis, white, ajukwa getting better. if i were working for a magazine, i would not pick us higher than middle of the pack but saying that it can’t happen is silly. basketball is relatively unpredictable from one season to the next. now, if price proves that it was not the lack of players, but rather that he can’t coach, that is another story but i hate the definitiveness of the attitude that we won’t win the conference. i would not predict it but it is very possible.

[quote=“ninerfan55, post:24, topic:30975”][quote=“cibik02, post:20, topic:30975”]Being realistic is not misery. You live in la la land if you think we have a chance at 1st. We were 7-12 against this pathetic 23rd ranked cusa last year.

i was not predicting first, and im still not but it could happen. i think haslim could make a big difference and vasic looks quite talented but more than that, the sum of having a lot of depth will make a difference. how many games did we lose because we had almost literally no center? we played aube at center a lot last season so having a legit 6’10" guy with some skills could make a big difference. also, another year of davis, white, ajukwa getting better. if i were working for a magazine, i would not pick us higher than middle of the pack but saying that it can’t happen is silly. basketball is relatively unpredictable from one season to the next. now, if price proves that it was not the lack of players, but rather that he can’t coach, that is another story but i hate the definitiveness of the attitude that we won’t win the conference. i would not predict it but it is very possible.[/quote]. Solid post.

Agree. We could finish first, heck we could finish last…but it would be difficult not to be better than last year. One good sign was the way we competed in the CUSA tourney. The team played very hard at the end of the year. The team in CUSA that SHOULD make a huge jump is Western Kentucky. Good Lord, they have recruited some talent.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but…

Our last 10 games in a bad conference, we went 3-7. We lost our only CUSA tourney game (albeit on a last second dunk of an airball) to a 16-15 (8-8 in conf) UAB team…btw, UAB only won 3 of their last 11 games. 2 of those wins were against us :-[ ???

Not sure how we ended the year on a high note? Maybe it is just about playing hard?

I have no idea what to expect. I’m just glad we added another guard like McGill to ensure we have depth at all positions. This year should tell us what we need to know about Price IMO.

Slightly off topic, but with a complete roster it is entirely ok to expect a finish in the top half of the conference. Personally I don’t think a top 4 is out of the picture. If JD is as good as many think he is a top 4 with him and a total roster should be considered a achievable goal. Only question for me is how quickly we can get new guys integrated.

I quit having expectations YEARS ago. I just wait to see what happens, because what is gonna happen, will. Bad: sad. Good: enjoy. Move on.

WKU should be top ten preseason.

I quit having expectations YEARS ago. I just wait to see what happens, because what is gonna happen, will. Bad: sad. Good: enjoy. Move on.[/quote]

it comes with age! maturity?

I quit having expectations YEARS ago. I just wait to see what happens, because what is gonna happen, will. Bad: sad. Good: enjoy. Move on.[/quote]

it comes with age! maturity?[/quote]

That or being beaten into senility.

Going to have to earn that and will get the opportunities early on to make an impression with voters as the Hilltoppers are in the 2017 field of the Battle 4 Atlantis (WKU, Villanova, Arizona, Purdue, NC State, Tennessee, SMU and Northern Iowa), at Wisconsin, and at home versus Ohio Valley power Belmont.

if my memory serves me, this is a thread re jaylen mcgill.

[quote=“earlyniner, post:35, topic:30975”]if my memory serves me, this is a thread re jaylen mcgill.[/quote] Threadjacking and pointless arguments! NNN traditions like no others.

clt thinks that mcgill will play well against wku

Hides his emotions well !

clt says he is getting mentally prepared to play wku.

He has officially signed: http://charlotte49ers.com/news/2017/6/14/mens-basketball-49ers-sign-charlotte-prep-standout-jaylan-mcgill.aspx