Jaylan McGill - 2017 G - Signed LOI to Charlotte

Today on Twitter McGill announced his commitment to Charlotte. Learn More below:

https://agent49.net/jaylen-mcgill-commits-charlotte/

https://agent49.net/qa-jaylen-mcgill/

Quality education academy?

[quote=“ghostofclt, post:2, topic:30975”]Quality education academy?[/quote]Yeah, QEA in Winston-Salem, solid hoops program.

That’s where White came from as well.

hopefully this kid can come in, give davis a rest, hit some threes and play good defense since those are supposedly his strengths. with the amount of transfers nowadays, getting a freshman is sort of like getting a grad. transfer who has the option to keep playing for more than one season. if he can play, great, if not, he gets recruited over.

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15bMD1GDF8E

Welcome to Charlotte!

I am excited for next season with all the recruits we’ve been picking up lately. I am not expecting to be top of the conference, but I am appreciative that our coaching staff is addressing much needed problems and I’m eager to se us take a step forward.

I’m expecting to be towards the top of the conference.

good get! much needed for depth! Also good to see he’s a former Trojan!

clt is glad that he keeps his phone charged adequately.

Top like top 4? Not happening. We do have a lot of unknowns so maybe our unknowns push us over the top but not likely. We know what we have in guards but not under the basket. Today id say we finish 7/8th.

Neither will get us an at large so Im looking more at rpi and how we stack up against everyone else d1 instead of crappy cusa. Let’s see if we can some how be better than more than have of D1 teams again.

We’ve added a lot of missing pieces to the roster this offseason. Hats off to the coaching staff.

Reminds me alot of Dinkins when he was in high school.
Wouldn’t that be a steal in he turns out like him.
Big welcome to another local kid !!!

Between McGill and Murph, let’s hope we’ve solved our backup pg position. Davis logs a lot of minutes

Top like top 4? Not happening. We do have a lot of unknowns so maybe our unknowns push us over the top but not likely. We know what we have in guards but not under the basket. Today id say we finish 7/8th.

Neither will get us an at large so Im looking more at rpi and how we stack up against everyone else d1 instead of crappy cusa. Let’s see if we can some how be better than more than have of D1 teams again.[/quote]

i am not going to make predictions, in terms of win/loss record, but we absolutely could finish top 4…or first…or 8th. we have the best player in the league, return white and ajukwa from the starting lineup, and added much needed size and rebounding. how many games did we lose last season because we were getting killed on the boards? on paper, we appear to have depth, something we did not have last season. are there big question marks…absolutely. i am optimistic in terms of what is possible with this team. if we can add a solid 5th. year transfer, we will be in business. i do think that losing braxton, and hook, and even aube, will not be addition by subtraction. we need guys like garvin to step up and improve, but he will benefit from not having to play out of position. i think haslim will be a pleasent suprise, just a gut feeling. we have shooters but we really do not know exactly how talented we are. if price cannot make this team at least solid, like 17-18 wins, he is not the coach for us. he has enough size and depth to play defense, press, etc. this league is lousy enough, even though it should be better this season, that we can finish at the top if even one of our new guys is a very pleasent suprise.

I think you’re right about how lousy CUSA has been, even a mediocre team could finish top 3. I do think MTSU has been quality, not sure about what they return. But I also think we’re still further from even a mediocre situation to expect a top-half finish (as a minimum expectation). Possible to finish near the top? Probably so. Likely? I don’t think so. Pessimism has been pretty accurately for a long time with this program. I’m guessing we’ll be bottom half again, but I really would like the Niners to prove me wrong.

It’s good that Price has brought a lot more players in. We do seem more balanced in terms of positions on the roster. One problem is the expectation of balance is based on mostly brand-new post guys, positions that typically require longer to acclimate to the college game (particularly strength-wise) than guards. The fact that we got a lot of these new recruits so late in the cycle is also concerning (in terms of contributing right away, I hate writing people off early in their career even if they were lightly recruited). I wouldn’t be surprised to see us continue to struggle down low next year. But it’s year 3 now for Price, he needs to show something to have any hope of building on success before his contract runs out. And I do think that last year would likely have been a little better if Ogbueze isn’t struggling so much, he really didn’t have the kind of season we needed to overachieve.

Neither will get us an at large so Im looking more at rpi and how we stack up against everyone else d1 instead of crappy cusa. Let’s see if we can some how be better than more than have of D1 teams again.[/quote]

i am not going to make predictions, in terms of win/loss record, but we absolutely could finish top 4…or first…or 8th. we have the best player in the league, return white and ajukwa from the starting lineup, and added much needed size and rebounding. how many games did we lose last season because we were getting killed on the boards? on paper, we appear to have depth, something we did not have last season. are there big question marks…absolutely. i am optimistic in terms of what is possible with this team. if we can add a solid 5th. year transfer, we will be in business. i do think that losing braxton, and hook, and even aube, will not be addition by subtraction. we need guys like garvin to step up and improve, but he will benefit from not having to play out of position. i think haslim will be a pleasent suprise, just a gut feeling. we have shooters but we really do not know exactly how talented we are. if price cannot make this team at least solid, like 17-18 wins, he is not the coach for us. he has enough size and depth to play defense, press, etc. this league is lousy enough, even though it should be better this season, that we can finish at the top if even one of our new guys is a very pleasent suprise.[/quote]

1st? Seriously? Too early for your overly nonsensical optimism. This team will struggle to be .500.

i am not going to make predictions, in terms of win/loss record, but we absolutely could finish top 4…or first…or 8th. we have the best player in the league, return white and ajukwa from the starting lineup, and added much needed size and rebounding. how many games did we lose last season because we were getting killed on the boards? on paper, we appear to have depth, something we did not have last season. are there big question marks…absolutely. i am optimistic in terms of what is possible with this team. if we can add a solid 5th. year transfer, we will be in business. i do think that losing braxton, and hook, and even aube, will not be addition by subtraction. we need guys like garvin to step up and improve, but he will benefit from not having to play out of position. i think haslim will be a pleasent suprise, just a gut feeling. we have shooters but we really do not know exactly how talented we are. if price cannot make this team at least solid, like 17-18 wins, he is not the coach for us. he has enough size and depth to play defense, press, etc. this league is lousy enough, even though it should be better this season, that we can finish at the top if even one of our new guys is a very pleasent suprise.[/quote]

1st? Seriously? Too early for your overly nonsensical optimism.[/quote]

never too early for your misery though. dude, this is hoops, one guy can change your fortunes completely and this is cusa.

Being realistic is not misery. You live in la la land if you think we have a chance at 1st. We were 7-12 against this pathetic 23rd ranked cusa last year.

Name the new guy that will propel us to greatness this year?