Jaylen Reid - 2013 SF

We dropped in to see him today, Rock Hill (SC). Son of former NBA player JR Reid.

Rivals - no stars

Scout - no profile

ESPN - 74 rating, 3 star

247 - no rating

[size=12px][url=http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/124768/jaylen-reid]Jaylen Reid[/url] (Fort Mill, S.C./Rock Hill) Class of 2013, SF/SG, 6-8, 185 pounds [/size]

[font=verdana][size=12px]Reid is a long and wiry wing who excels on the break. He is a pretty good defensive rebounder and has a good mid-range pull-up. Reid will need to be more active on defense and add strength as he continues to add to his game, but his length is an excellent asset. Clemson, Georgia Tech and Georgia State have expressed interest. Reid says he has taken unofficial visits to High Point and Winthrop.[/size][/font]

[font=verdana][size=11px]Strengths: Reid is a long wirey wing that runs the floor very well and can finish on the break with his great length. He is a good rebounder in and out of his area on both ends of the floor as well. Other than on the break reak Reid scores from the mid range areas mostly in the half court where he does a good job of using his shot fake that he should use more. Reid is also very active on defense and is capable of defending both forward positions.[/size][/font] [font=verdana][size=11px] Weaknesses: Reid will need to add strength and extend his shooting range to where it is a consistent weapon and continue to hone his balhandling when under intense ball pressure.

[/size][/font]
[font=verdana][size=11px]Bottom Line:
Reid is a long and active forward that excels on the break and scores mostly inside the arc. He is a good rebounder and capable multiple position defender as well with very good upside.
[/size][/font]

6’8 185! Wow, we’ll see, though we already have a long skinny wing don’t we?

I seem to remember JR Reid as somewhat of a hothead when he played in the league.

I’ve seen him listed as SG/SF, SF and combo forward. Appears that he’d be a pretty versatile wing.

Yes. But ideally this is kind of how you’d like for these things to pan out. By the time a Reid might be here, EVN will be a Jr and a more filled out wing. Thus allowing Reid to develop and fill out.

Yes. But ideally this is kind of how you’d like for these things to pan out. By the time a Reid might be here, EVN will be a Jr and a more filled out wing. Thus allowing Reid to develop and fill out.[/quote]EVN is already more physical, as he looked stronger by the end of last year.

I agree though, ideal depth means you have an upperclassmen that starts at a position, and a freshmen that comes in off the bench to back him up in spots, but otherwise not playing much. We had so many junior college players there for a while, I think it’s easy to forget this is what happens at most stable programs.

We’ll be in Rock Hill tomorrow to check Jaylen out.

Haven’t seen anything tying us to Reid since Oct last Fall.

RT @GCRivalsGlenn: 6’6 senior wing Jaylen Reid of Rock Hill HS will workout for Miami (OH) today before leaving for official visit to Austin Peay tomorrow.

Heading to Tennessee St.