Joe Gibbs

I don’t think for a second that he would coach here, but what if he got involved much like Dan Reeves with Georgia State?

[B]Benefits:[/B]
Pulling the Redskin-base would be VERY destructive to the Wal-Mart ACC base.
He lives in North Carolina (I imagine around here due to racing)
Is known as a class guy, and is widely known in the racing community
He is a very hard worker, but cannot put in the time as an NFL Head Coach anymore.
In the next year he’ll have his “i miss football” breakdown, but see point above
His race team uses Toyotas, Toyota is trying to make their mark in Racing, meaning they’d like to make their mark in this region. Toyota = $$$$

Thoughts?

I don't think for a second that he would coach here, but what if he got involved much like Dan Reeves with Georgia State?

Benefits:
He is a very hard worker, but cannot put in the time as an NFL Head Coach anymore.
In the next year he’ll have his “i miss football” breakdown, but see point above
His race team uses Toyotas, Toyota is trying to make their mark in Racing, meaning they’d like to make their mark in this region. Toyota = $$$$

Thoughts?

Would absolutely be a dream come true to get this guy involved in any way imaginable. Just to have a HOF NFL coaches name attached to a infant program would be awesome.

Of course, I dont imagine our Athletic Dept having the foresight to approach him, nor do I imagine him accepting.

[QUOTE=ninerID;282072]I don’t think for a second that he would coach here, but what if he got involved much like Dan Reeves with Georgia State?

[B]Benefits:[/B]

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

This would be great if we could make it happen. Gibbs lives in the Lake Norman Area. If he would just appear in commercials and other advertising it would help us tremendously. Our school as a whole needs to have a close relationship with the NASCAR community, and this would help that also.

Marty Shottenheimer (sp?) lives here too, maybe throw him in commercials. Mike Minter and Mike Rucker also. Dwight Clark of the SF 49ers helped out UNCP in the same way. He lives around here, why not contact him??

Would be a dream for UNCC to have Gibbs attached to it. Even if for name purposes only and a few speeches.

But the only way Gibbs would be in is if HOME DEPOT was part of the package. Home Depot Stadium ANYONE?

I could see if happen, why not? You got Lowes Motor Speedway up the street, Home Depot would love to compete with that.

Per Utter in the Shoutbox, 8:43 PM, 1/16/08

TIDBIT: Among those attending Wednesday’s game was J.D. Gibbs, president of Joe Gibbs Racing, who was sitting on the front row at halfcourt. Gibbs was making his first-ever visit to a 49ers game. “Man, they have a pretty rowdy crowd here,” he said.

I would just like to say, if something is in the works, I CALLED THIS!

just wanted to bump this. I hope he had a great time.

personally, i need a little substance before i get excited.

yet, this was something that came out of the blue to me. given that JGR had just finished a 2nd week of testing at Daytona, I’m surprised at the timing of his appearance. would think debriefing from Daytona or his family would me more important.

if I hear the “Gibbs” name mentioned again around 49ers athletics, I will get very excited.

They made an announcement in the pre-game hospitality room that the Board of Directors for the Charlotte Motorsports program was at the game. Maybe that is why he was there.

clt endorses joe gibbs as new niner ad.

Didn’t JD transfer from Stanford, & graduate here?

Although it would be great, we don’t need Gibbs as our coach. We simply need his likeness and a few speeches and there will be an outpour of CASH form businesses!

Businesses want to be apart of Joe Gibbs, no matter what he does.

Joe Gibbs = MONEY

Although it would be great, we don't need Gibbs as our coach. We simply need his likeness and a few speeches and there will be an outpour of CASH form businesses!

Businesses want to be apart of Joe Gibbs, no matter what he does.

Joe Gibbs = MONEY

bingo.

Having him involved on any level is an advantage. Even if he is just there to help out motorsports, but is a special guest at one football fundraiser, thats a HUGE deal

[QUOTE=ninerID;285513]bingo.

Having him involved on any level is an advantage. Even if he is just there to help out motorsports, but is a special guest at one football fundraiser, thats a HUGE deal[/QUOTE]

clt says that the niner mktg folks should be all over this…