John Groce

[quote=“Lew, post:20, topic:22808”]Did anybody hear his post-game presser last night?

If you closed your eyes and went on just voice and accent, you’d think it was Bobby.

No lie.[/quote]

This is so true.

I heard him in an interview of WFAN and not only did his voice sound like Bobby, but the way he answered questions was very similar as well.

My only concern is that his current team is built on a highly talented transfer (Armon Bassett, who was kicked out of Indiana, transferred to UAB and left there before he even played a game). He also had some suspension issues during the season and injuries that accounted for the 7-9 MAC record.

Is it just lightining in a bottle? That is my one concern with him.

I’m not real high on this guy. This has lightning in a bottle written all over it. Getting a guy with a losing record in a worse conference than we’re in is insane. I’m already seeing people make the same excuses for this guy as we made for Bobby for years and this guy isn’t even our coach.

Logged onto facebook and saw this…

best post in Ninernation history.

haha, classic.

Seconded.

classic

Bump for the morning crowd…

CharSF just solidified an Elite Eight run at bare minimum in the NNN POY tourney with that post. I about fell out of my chair when I saw that. :))

Not quite sold on Groce, even though his team played great in the tournament. His record scares me… anyone have an explanation for it? I want to like him.

suspensions and injuries. BTW, if Groce doesn’t go anywhere, I expect Ohio to be in the tournament a few more times over the next few years. Freshman DJ Cooper, the team’s PG averaged 13.5 ppg and 5.9 apg (and a 2.20 a/to average). He was good in the tournament and with him leading the way and with the talent coming in, they should have no trouble racking up wins in the MAC.

Also, look up and down the roster, they had 1 lone senior on this squad (who received significant minutes) and most of the guys on the team are freshman or sophomores.

This would be an exercise in familiarity.

Close your eyes and listen to John Groce talk. His voice is a carbon copy of Bobby’s. It is creepy.

And, on his side, he should (hopefully) recognize a very familiar chant towards the end of games here…

[quote=“Lew, post:32, topic:22808”]This would be an exercise in familiarity.

Close your eyes and listen to John Groce talk. His voice is a carbon copy of Bobby’s. It is creepy.

And, on his side, he should (hopefully) recognize a very familiar chant towards the end of games here…[/quote]

Ohio University Miami Redhawks Winning team Losing team

We stole their chant, now we want to steal their coach… harsh.

Saying WTLT is “their” chant is about like saying Sweet Caroline is the Red Sox song.

Saying WTLT is “their” chant is about like saying Sweet Caroline is the Red Sox song.[/quote]
The chant didn’t start here until someone posted a youtube link to them doing it.

any talk on the Ohio boards? links?

Mainly what I saw on there was just some fans worried that Bassett may leave to go play in Europe to provide for his family.

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/forum.asp?PID=1

Apparently, they think Andy Katz is an idiot too, deservingly so, after he declared the Bobcats had “no chance” to beat the Hoyas.

http://www.bobcatattack.com/messageboard/topic.asp?FromPage=1&ForumPID=1&PID=218182