Jordan Shepherd - 2016 PG - offer - Oklahoma transfer - Committed to Charlotte

Per Verbal Commits, we have offered the 6-0/160 PG of Asheville Christian Academy in Swannanoa. Also picked up an offer from Winthrop.

Verbal commits.com: Jordan Shepherd

0 Likes

Well, just found out there’s a 2016 PG Jordan Sheppard at Gaston College Prep in Roanoke Rapids as well!

Anyway, in looking over Asheville Christian’s roster, Jordan Shepherd is listed as 6-2. According to the Asheville Citizen-Times, he averaged 22.4 points, 5.1 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game in 2014-15. In addition, he was the Carolinas Athletic Association Player of the Year.

Citizentimes.com: Shepherd, ACA boys reach state semis

Phenomhoopreport.com: Jordan Shepherd - What A Difference A Year Makes

0 Likes

Niner Report has a new article about Shepherd titled “Shepherd Interested in What Price Offers”

I don’t have a subscription so I can’t read it, but thought those here that do might want to know if they didn’t already.

0 Likes

I saw the kid play. Really, really good handle and good quickness.

I’d like to get this kid

0 Likes

Per Verbal Commits, offered by Boston U.

0 Likes

Paul Biancardi observations about Shepherd from the Jay Bilas Skills Camp at Queens University last month. (BTW, see that Queens also hosting the Under Armour camp as well.)

Paul Biancardi ‏@PaulBiancardi Jul 7
Evaluated & spent time with PG Jordan Shepherd (@Jordan_Shep13)
at the #BilasCamp ! Bright future & receiving many offers.
@PSBselect

Paul Biancardi ‏@PaulBiancardi Jul 7
Before I go to sleep here are a few sleepers 4 coaches 2 evaluate.18’
Khaleem Bennett U-Play Canada. SR’s PG Jordan Shepherd -C
Raekwon Long

0 Likes

not to get off topic but i saw the name reaekwon long on there. i know a few years back people thought he would be a five star player and it seemed that he just plummeted. might not be a bad player to go after, although i doubt he shoots threes.

0 Likes

clt says Raekwon is a renowned chef.

0 Likes

http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/hoopseen-20/item/3398-bots-stud-looking-at-seven-schools

In his final 7.

0 Likes

[quote=“moss2k, post:9, topic:29633”]http://hoopseen.com/index.php/news/hoopseen-20/item/3398-bots-stud-looking-at-seven-schools

In his final 7.[/quote]
Six, if Western Kentucky is counted just once.

0 Likes

hard to know what to believe out of a guy who can’t count! :o

0 Likes

I think one of those Western Kentucky’s should be a Western Carolina, as he mentions he visited there unofficially later in the article.

0 Likes

clt says he will end up at UNCCC- CH then

0 Likes

I think one of those Western Kentucky’s should be a Western Carolina, as he mentions he visited there unofficially later in the article.[/quote]
Pretty sure you’re correct. I’ve heard they are on his list

0 Likes

Bump, he’s now a transfer from OU that we’ve been in contact with. Sit 1 and play 2.

0 Likes

Interesting, looks like he was recruited by mostly lower-mid-majors and Oklahoma. Was expecting to see UVA on the list back then, hoping Sanchez already recruited him, but doesn’t look like it.

0 Likes

Good news:

I think a transfer PG to sit and then play fills a big gap for us to have some experience at PG once JD leaves.

He has some other visits as well:

0 Likes

looks like a solid prospect. played some for a good oklahoma team as a freshman. i feel like under price, we would not have had a kid like this visiting us(maybe i am talking out of my butt though). could practice for a year and learn and we would have him and robb next season. i would still prefer lavar batts though.

1 Like

Confirmed it will be an official visit for him

0 Likes

He’ll also visit University of San Diego.

0 Likes