Joseph Uchebo - 2011 Center

For real, let’s be realistic here, if this kid comes in he will play the majority of the minutes at the 5 with Bras at the 4.

[quote=“RealisticNiner, post:19, topic:25351”]If we get Uchebo I think Major won’t think twice to red shirt Thorne. Throne lacks in confidence, and that extra year wouldn’t hurt him.[/quote]have you seen him play? I haven’t read anything that says he lacks in confidence. Everything I’ve read said he has been playing with increased aggressiveness.

2k says this kid (Uchebo) may be a partial or non-qualifier on A-10 board. If he is a partial qualifier does that mean he will be eligible in December?

[quote=“sokool, post:23, topic:25351”]2k says this kid (Uchebo) may be a partial or non-qualifier on A-10 board. If he is a partial qualifier does that mean he will be eligible in December?[/quote]No. That just means he can practice with the team while he sits out next year.

Luka was a partial qualifier this past season.

Partial qualifiers can except scholarship though correct?

This is from hearing all my friends talk about him in the jordan brand classic. When he plays someone with his ability he plays scared.

I hope ur wrong about Thorne. Even with Uchebo, we’d still lack bodies/depth in the post. All hands on deck!

I just think with the lack of post players and the possibility of Uchoba being a partial qualifier that major would not be able to red shirt Thorne for a year. Besides, from what I’ve read I don’t think Major would need to redshirt Thorne in order to develop him.

I thought we have been over this redshirt stuff with basketball player, you can’t just redshirt someone unless they have an injury, would we tell him to fake an injury? I hope not, RealisticNiner must not have watched much of last season when we were playing a walk on backup minutes.

Uh, yes you can. It’s called an academic redshirt. They happen all the time. If you play even a second and then get hurt, you have to request a hardship waiver (medical redshirt) which can be denied.

Uh, yes you can. It’s called an academic redshirt. They happen all the time. If you play even a second and then get hurt, you have to request a hardship waiver (medical redshirt) which can be denied.[/quote]

So J_felt is going to laugh, but you need to post a link on that cause I call BS, or just give me a niner that has ever done it.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaahome?WCM_GLOBAL_CONTEXT=/ncaa/NCAA/Legislation+and+Governance/Eligibility+and+Recruiting/Faqs/eligibility_seasons.html

Uh, yes you can. It’s called an academic redshirt. They happen all the time. If you play even a second and then get hurt, you have to request a hardship waiver (medical redshirt) which can be denied.[/quote]

So J_felt is going to laugh, but you need to post a link on that cause I call BS, or just give me a niner that has ever done it.[/quote]There is one on the team now: Javarris Barnett.

I hope ur wrong about Thorne. Even with Uchebo, we’d still lack bodies/depth in the post. All hands on deck![/quote]

I agree with this, if anybody get’s redshirted next year, it will be a guard.

So J_felt is going to laugh, but you need to post a link on that cause I call BS, or just give me a niner that has ever done it.[/quote]There is one on the team now: Javarris Barnett.[/quote]

I concede, I thought Barnett got hurt but I was wrong, I still don’t think we redshirt anyone the way last year went, we need as many bodies as we can get.

So J_felt is going to laugh, but you need to post a link on that cause I call BS, or just give me a niner that has ever done it.[/quote]There is one on the team now: Javarris Barnett.[/quote]

I concede, I thought Barnett got hurt but I was wrong, I still don’t think we redshirt anyone the way last year went, we need as many bodies as we can get.[/quote]agree.

Sorry i should have added in there i think it would he a good idea if we also got a juco. And unfortunately I can say i did watch this past season.

Is it a definite that Uchebo wont be academically ready because we need this kid or a kid like him asap. If we can sign one?

[quote=“sokool, post:38, topic:25351”]Is it a definite that Uchebo wont be academically ready because we need this kid or a kid like him asap. If we can sign one?[/quote]Not definite yet, but my experience has been when these issues come to light, they generally turn out to be true.

We should definitely target a JUCO big man just in case Uchebo comes here and doesn’t qualify.

anybody bumped into the fed-x guy yet?