Joseph Uchebo - 2011 Center

Center from Word of God, one time NCSU commit. He will be visiting this weekend.

Rivals - 4 star, 96 overall

Scout - 4 star

ESPN - 4 star, 81 overall, 93 rating

ESPN player evaluation

[size=13px]Strengths:[/size][font=Helvetica][/size][size=13px]Uchebo is an active post player that is surprisingly skilled for his age; he loves contact and is a load in the low blocks. He is aggressive rebounding the ball on both ends of the floor. He knows how to post up; he gets big, has good hands and knows how to pass to cutters or find spot up shooters on the perimeter. He fights for position on the defensive end; with his size is difficult to score over and he has good timing when blocking shots.[/size][size=13px][/color]
Weaknesses:
At times he gets himself in trouble with his shot selection as he is still raw at making offensive moves with his back to the basket, but has a soft touch when he stays on balance and gets up a good shot. By accelerating his graduation into the 2011 class experience will be a big factor as he is also still learning the nuances of the game. He will have to adjust to the speed of the college game, but his instincts and upside should quicken his learning curve.[/size][size=13px][/color]Bottom Line:
In a year where the number of true centers is extremely thin, Uchebo is a great get for NC State. He has a frame that can easily carry another 30-40 pounds and the upside to develop into one of the top centers in the ACC. Wolfpack fans will enjoy watching his development.[/size][/font]

Would be a HUGE get.

Uchebo would make an immediate impact and make the 2011 class one of the best weā€™ve had in a long time. If they held together, itā€™d be a dangeruos NCAA team.

Very trustworthy, totally non-UPS related sources confirming that Uchebo played FIFA with Colby Lewis. Letā€™s hope Colby LET Uchebo win, unless Uchebo prefers a challenge in which case letā€™s hope Colby won.

This would put Majorā€™s first recruiting class over the top. Iā€™m definitely cautiously withholding excitement about him coming here. But we make the Sweet 16 in 2014 and 2015 if he comes here.

[quote=ā€œJ Felt, post:2, topic:25351ā€]Would be a HUGE get.

Uchebo would make an immediate impact and make the 2011 class one of the best weā€™ve had in a long time. If they held together, itā€™d be a dangeruos NCAA team.[/quote]

A commitment from Uchebo would give us one of the most well-rounded classes weā€™ve had in many, many years. He could be the spark we need to turn this whole mess around.

I really hope we impress him this weekend and our pitch resonates. Major and Co. have gotten the job done on the trail so far, so there is reason to believe we have a good shot with him. AND he would walk into immediate playing time of probably 20+ minutes a game.

Uchebo would complete a terrifying front line for us, and coupled with the class of quality wings and guards we have coming inā€¦ man. We could really have something special.

Uchebo+Thorne+EVN+Williams+Voncina+Henry

Now thatā€™s a class that will do some damage in March. What a great core.

Hereā€™s hoping.

In all seriousness, everyone so far is spot on. Uchebo would be a tremendous get for us and complete an exceptional class. Imagine this core growing together.

http://greentintedglasses.net/2011/04/top-100-center-visiting-this-weekend/

Getting this kid even in here with the other names that are interested in him is huge.

Huge kudos to Major and staff just for getting the kid here.

Charlotte, Kentucky, Wake, FSU, Baylor & West Virginia are all schools that have been mentioned.

PackInsider.com: Joseph Uchebo at the 2010 Carolina Challenge

The dividends that this class would create excite me.

I was hoping Major would try to go after this kid. If we land him he would really round this class out plus give Thorne a good player to practice with.

If we got him, I would absolutely go crazy. This would be huge!!! :o

Need to make this happen. If it does happen, very excited about next year and beyond.

This would be beyond huge. We have the most PT to offer him, could be a part of something special with the 4 other freshmen coming in.

Im pretty sure if he came anytime someone said ā€˜Fab Fiveā€™ people would automatically think of Charlotteā€™s 2011 freshman class, not those guys from Michigan.

this just makes my nipples hard! :o

If we get Uchebo I think Major wonā€™t think twice to red shirt Thorne. Throne lacks in confidence, and that extra year wouldnā€™t hurt him.

If he wants major PT, he should come here. If he goes elsewhere, heā€™ll sit a lot more.