JR to Hendrick?

Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr. on the same team? the thought of that makes me sick…

[URL=http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/12/dearnhardtjr.future.plans/index.html]http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/12/dearnhardtjr.future.plans/index.html[/URL]

official anouncement tomorrow

You forgot Jimmie Johnson in that equation.

I couldn’t beleive that when I read it either, that would be like us adding Huggins as an assistant coach.

I couldn't beleive that when I read it either, that would be like us adding Huggins as an assistant coach.

well… rumor has it…

okay thats not even funny to joke about

[QUOTE=EE9er;242974]I couldn’t beleive that when I read it either, that would be like us adding Huggins as an assistant coach.[/QUOTE]

???

I couldn't beleive that when I read it either
My thoughts exactly. I mean I really don't know what I'm going to do now. I hate Jeff Gordon so I just don't think I can root for his teammate. I'll probably end up promoting Kevin Harvick from 2nd favorite to #1 favorite. David Ragan will be my new #2.

WHO CARES. nascar sucks…its not even a sport, it takes up good tv time on espn

Oh ****!! The world is nearing an end!! Next thing you know, Jr. will become a gay like Gordon!! NNOOOOOOOOO!! AMERICAN LEGEND JR. CAN’T BE A GAY!!!

Wonder what Hendrick promised Little E to get him NOT to go with Childress. I mean damn, the oppourtunity to have Dale Earnhardt back in the black #3 would be hard to overcome.

[QUOTE=zerogeneticsdc1;242963]Jeff Gordon and Dale Jr. on the same team? the thought of that makes me sick…

[URL=http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/12/dearnhardtjr.future.plans/index.html]http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/06/12/dearnhardtjr.future.plans/index.html[/URL]

official anouncement tomorrow[/QUOTE]
I’m a Hendrick fan, and this seems a little strange. We’ll see how Jr. gets along with everyone.

[QUOTE=danecookistheman;242996]WHO CARES. nascar sucks…its not even a sport, it takes up good tv time on espn[/QUOTE]
Do we really need to add the disclaimer to every single NASCAR thread that if you don’t like NASCAR to keep your comments to yourself?!?! Why did you feel the need to post that?
:hammer:

[QUOTE=ChevEE;243014]
Do we really need to add the disclaimer to every single NASCAR thread that if you don’t like NASCAR to keep your comments to yourself?!?! Why did you feel the need to post that?
:hammer:[/QUOTE]

His avatar is Cartman, need we know anything else?:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=danecookistheman;242996]WHO CARES. nascar sucks…its not even a sport, it takes up good tv time on espn[/QUOTE]

Anyone who thinks dane cook is the man loses all rights to be taken seriously!!!

serious question…I dont watch nascar…but am a sports fan so I keep up with it. I have never understood the hatred that Earnhardt fans have for Gordon. What does it stem from? Is it because he is the most likely driver to break all kinds of records? Did he spin out Dale to win a big race or something? What is the deal?

Anyone who thinks dane cook is the man loses all rights to be taken seriously!!!

serious question…I dont watch nascar…but am a sports fan so I keep up with it. I have never understood the hatred that Earnhardt fans have for Gordon. What does it stem from? Is it because he is the most likely driver to break all kinds of records? Did he spin out Dale to win a big race or something? What is the deal?

I’m not a big NASCAR fan, so don’t hold me to this comment. But I’m pretty sure it’s not only the Junior fans that hate Gordon. There is just so many Junior fans that it seems that way. Also, I believe Gordon just broke Junior’s Daddy’s record. The hatred for Gordon stems from him not being the typical “good ole’ boy” and the change that NASCAR is going through where outsiders to the “southern way” are starting to take interest in it as well. They consider it their sport, and deep down, they don’t want any changes even if it means growing it in popularity. That’s what I get from the whole situation. Let me know if I’m wrong.

[QUOTE=casstommy;243065]Anyone who thinks dane cook is the man loses all rights to be taken seriously!!!

serious question…I dont watch nascar…but am a sports fan so I keep up with it. I have never understood the hatred that Earnhardt fans have for Gordon. What does it stem from? Is it because he is the most likely driver to break all kinds of records? Did he spin out Dale to win a big race or something? What is the deal?[/QUOTE]

To follow up on what Sub said, I think a BIG part of it is he came from the outside and was really good, really fast. He was a guy from Cali, that raced open wheeled cars and showed up in NASCAR and almost instantly started winning. His winning coincided with the TV deal and the increase number of new fans, many of which picked Gordon as their driver since he was winning big at the time. So if you were a long time NASCAR fan then you would hate Gordon for coming in and being really good really fast, not really having to pay his due to get to the top and bringing in alot of new fans who 10 years ago would not have been caught dead at a race. As a long time fan both of those would piss me off. I have the same feeling about a Dave Mathews concert… saw him at a bar in Chapel Hill when he was nothing and people said he sucked, 5 years later he is a huge act and those people are going around saying they love Dave.

Now as for the Jr/Gordon thing… I think it was more of the Sr representing the old guard and Gordon the new kid and that rivalry spilled over to Jr because most of Sr’s fans moved to Jr.

One last thing is the persistant rumor that Gordon is/was gay sure doesn’t help things when you are dealing with some conservative values and long time NASCAR fans.

All of those things create the “I hate Gordon” feelings many NASCAR fans, not just Jr fans have. For the record I am not a huge NASCAR fan, but do enjoy it from time to time and have been to a few races.

i can see why junior made this move. if he went to childress, they’d have to put together an entirely new team and build new cars and it would take time before he would be competing for championships. by making his way to hendrick and the 5 car, he is going to a long standing team with a proven record. hendrick is dominating with the car of tomorrow and since they are running that car full time next season junior is in a prime position if wants championships. also, he wanted a clean split from DEI and childress and DEI just announced that they were teaming up to build engines together.

One last thing is the persistant rumor that Gordon is/was gay sure doesn't help things when you are dealing with some conservative values and long time NASCAR fans.

Hence, my sarcastic statement made earlier in the thread about how he’s “a gay.” If anyone is not a NASCAR fan and wants an excuse to go and drink all day with crazy people, go to a NASCAR event. I don’t route for anyone when I go, mainly bc I can’t remember the race anyway, and I’ve only been to two races, but I know I had fun.

Me during: :drink:

Me after: :drool:

a lot of the hatred comes from the fact that gordon is looked upon as somewhat of a “girly-man” while dale earnheardt was concidered to be a man’s man. Gordon cried after winning races, has a higher pitched voice, drives a car the color of a rainbow, and his team goes by the name “the rainbow warriors” - while dale was in a black car, nicknamed the intimidator, and was concidered a mans man. thats part of it. plus they got into a few discrepancies, but nothin totally intense. basically its just a major media ordeal - and just like in all sports, you have to have the teams you hate.

What cracks me up is that a lot of the Jr. fans are too stupid to realize that Earnhardt Sr. was good friends with Gordon. And that Earnhardt Jr. and Jeff are pretty close as well. The only hatred/jealousy amongst those two drivers stems solely from the fans.

But what you’ll notice is that the majority of Gordon fans don’t even dislike Jr. It’s the Jr. fans who create 90% of the hatred. Probably has a lot to do with Gordon’s success and Jr.'s lack of it.

[QUOTE=49erFootballNow]Wonder what Hendrick promised Little E to get him NOT to go with Childress. I mean damn, the oppourtunity to have Dale Earnhardt back in the black #3 would be hard to overcome.
[/QUOTE]

I thought that was a sure thing when it was finally announced that he was leaving DEI, but according to someone I know who works at Childress it was never seriously considered by either party.

[QUOTE=49erPress]i can see why junior made this move. if he went to childress, they’d have to put together an entirely new team and build new cars and it would take time before he would be competing for championships. [/QUOTE]

Childress is in the process of putting together a 4th team, so that wasn’t really an issue in Jr’s hiring or not. I think it boiled to a few things: a) who can most afford to pay him b) the proximity to his home and Jr. Motorsports and c) who he thought he could run best with.

I think Childress was never really considered because of where they are at. No it’s not extremely far from Mooresville to Welcome, but an hour each way becomes a pain after a while. I had heard Gibbs will not have any beer sponsors, so I wonder if that was a factor in him not going there. Hendrick used to have Budweiser as the #25 car’s sponsor, so Anheiser-Busch may have had a hand in the negotiations (though the media says that he may be getting a new sponsor).

All the people with the #8 merchandice better pray DEI allows Hendrick to purchase that number. Otherwise, all of their clothing and other items will be useless. :blink: :doh: If I were in charge of DEI, there’s no way in He!! that I allow that number to leave after the charade he’s put on the last three months.

I find it amusing to listen and watch Jr’s fans squirm now that he will be teammates with Gordon and Johnson. I find it even more amazing that Hendrick let go a driver with more talent and potential in order to hire Jr.

The other day my buddy was telling me how gay Jeff Gordon was and how he and Jimmie Johnson must get it on. I mentioned that both were married to beautiful women and Gordon was expecting his first child next month. My buddy then goes on to say that they’re still gay. I couldn’t resist so I asked him how he knew they were gay unless he witnessed something. I can’t understand the hatred but if I had to guess, it’s because Hendrick wins all the time. I wonder if Junior starts winning all the time, if he will be considered gay.