JT Thompson - VA Tech transfer

[quote=“2k, post:20, topic:26658”]Skeen wasn’t coming off of 2 acl tears.[/quote]He was not, but he will have a full year of rehab before the season starts. If he rehabs properly, he should be fine.

If he isn’t taking the time to rehab properly, then I don’t want him anyway.

Is this something we could know?

Is this something we could know?[/quote]Make him pass a physical??

Is this something we could know?[/quote]Make him pass a physical??[/quote]
I guess. Seems like the 2 physicals he passed before tearing his ACL the other times would lower their reliability in this case.

I guess. Seems like the 2 physicals he passed before tearing his ACL the other times would lower their reliability in this case.[/quote]No less reliable than KJ.

I guess. Seems like the 2 physicals he passed before tearing his ACL the other times would lower their reliability in this case.[/quote]No less reliable than KJ.[/quote]
I appreciated KJ’s effort as a Niner, but I was not upset to see him leave.

I guess. Seems like the 2 physicals he passed before tearing his ACL the other times would lower their reliability in this case.[/quote]No less reliable than KJ.[/quote]
I appreciated KJ’s effort as a Niner, but I was not upset to see him leave.[/quote]
yayyy quote function!

I appreciated KJ’s effort as a Niner, but I was not upset to see him leave.[/quote]
yayyy quote function![/quote]
Quoting people is fun.

Quoting people is fun.[/quote]
This is a thread about a potential player, guys. Let’s keep it on topic.

This is a thread about a potential player, guys. Let’s keep it on topic.[/quote]
Fair enough - I do have a coworker who is a big VT fan & grad - hates Greenburg - and says that JT will be missed big time. Said he is willing to do whatever is needed and is a great leader.

This is a thread about a potential player, guys. Let’s keep it on topic.[/quote]
Would be nice to have another guy who understands his role and will do whatever it takes to win.

Fair enough - I do have a coworker who is a big VT fan & grad - hates Greenburg - and says that JT will be missed big time. Said he is willing to do whatever is needed and is a great leader.[/quote]
What is needed is a player who isn’t injury prone and for us to not pick up someone who has such a high likelihood to be sitting on the bench at year’s end.

Fair enough - I do have a coworker who is a big VT fan & grad - hates Greenburg - and says that JT will be missed big time. Said he is willing to do whatever is needed and is a great leader.[/quote]
What is needed is a player who isn’t injury prone and for us to not pick up someone who has such a high likelihood to be sitting on the bench at year’s end.[/quote]

Yeah, this guy is as guaranteed as any of our incoming freshmen are. I say let him walk on if he wants to play.

So with Benkovic signing, are we out of the running for Thompson? I thought we only had one scholarship left after Ingram signed.

Technically, you are right. Ingram signs Thursday at 4 pm at his high school. At that time, one scholly will remain open.

Wrong. With Benkovic signing, we have 1 (JT Thompson?) remaining.

We had an open scholarship left over from last season. - 1 Scholarship
Green + JB graduated - 3
Deuce, KJ and Luka leave - 6

Ingram, Benkovic, Clayton, Clark, Lester sign - 1 left.

We had an open scholarship left over from last season. - 1 Scholarship
Green + JB graduated - 3
Deuce, KJ and Luka leave - 6

Ingram, Benkovic, Clayton, Clark, Lester sign - 1 left.[/quote]

Thank-you! I was trying to figure this out myself.

I had forgotten about Luka originally, that was where my missing scholarship went.

I thought we were out of scholarships as well. Oh well, the more the merrier.