Judy Rose to review tape of Wednesday night

Said she’s not expecting to suspend any players/coaches, since the referees didn’t do anything, but she just wanted to be sure. I didn’t think there was any video.

Link

I know C-SET didn’t catch it (or at least didn’t air it). I’m wondering if Memphis’ broadcast showed it by any chance. I missed what started it and still would like to know. Coach Lutz on Lutz Live last night said one of the assistant coaches saw Nance get punched in the face, but he didn’t know if that’s what started it.

Why is she doing this???

[b]Rose said Thursday she didn't expect to reprimand or suspend anyone, especially since game officials didn't eject anyone or [b]call technical fouls.[/b][/b]
Well this statement is incorrect. There were technicals called on both benches. They are shown in the official box score and that is what the announcers said on the CSET broadcast.

Bobby talked aboout the incident this morning and said they didn’t have any tape that showed what happened. I guess she is just trying to show that she is doing the “right thing.”

Why did she have to come over to the bench the other night anyway? She is the AD, not the head of security. I feel like sometimes she puts her nose into everything! Maybe thats part of her job, just doesnt seem like it would be?

There was nothing on the Memphis Video, They were just showing the crowd.

If she takes any action against any coaches or players she will lose lots of respect from lots of people (I am one of them), not to mention possibly chasing away some fans.

She needs to forget about that and spend her time investigating a football team before we become a 30,000 student school with no football team stuck in a lesser conference. She has already lost my respect. Get a vision Judy or get another job.

[i]Originally posted by mineshaft[/i]@Feb 25 2005, 11:05 AM [b] She needs to forget about that and spend her time investigating a football team before we become a 30,000 student school with no football team stuck in a lesser conference. [/b]
Mineshaft, pull out your checkbook and be prepared to put a lot of zeroes after that first number. That's what it's going to take...
[i]Originally posted by MeinShaft[/i]@Feb 25 2005, 10:28 AM [b] There was nothing on the Memphis Video, They were just showing the crowd. [/b]
Thanks Mein. If that's the case then I love how the Memphis posters are so "matter of fact" about us starting the whole thing when they didn't see it.
[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 25 2005, 10:29 AM [b] If she takes any action against any coaches or players she will lose lots of respect from lots of people (I am one of them), not to mention possibly chasing away some fans. [/b]
I didn't have much if any respect for her to begin with.

Yes, it’s hard to respect the person who hired Lutz, helped build Halton Arena, served on the NCAA Men’s Hoops Selection committee, twisted arms to get us into Conference USA, etc.

[b]If she takes any action against any coaches or players she will lose lots of respect from lots of people (I am one of them), not to mention possibly chasing away some fans.[/b]

If she didn’t look into it she wouldn’t be doing her job. That may be acceptable at Memphis or Cincy, but if our coaches helped escalate the incident then they should be held accountable. If they were just defending Nance from the Memphonies as most of us believe that they were, then there is nothing to worry about. It’s the AD’s job to discipline coaches should they need to be disciplined (unless you coach at Temple).

Why do you think Cinncy has a good team every year? One reason(which is a part of many reasons) is the fact that they dont have a holier than though AD. Not saying she needs to bury her head in the sand, but give me a break. She doesnt need to stick her nose into this!! It was nothing more than a heated moment! This is college hoops, not a f***** chess class. I would love for her to get a job at Cinncy or Temple and try to tell Huggins to calm down. She would be out the door and down the Highway before she could get another perm! Nothing like a woman in a mans position, she has to act like she has balls.

Run,
I am ready to contribute… don’t give me that finances stuff. We are located in the country’s largest domestic banking city. How do all of these other big universities manage to pull it off? The problem is the person not the money. The fact is she has no vision for this, so how can you raise funds with no vision?
And by the way, thank Mullins for Conference USA (He got us into the Metro, which took us to CUSA) not Rose. Watkins hired Lutz, it was an easy decision (every player and the fans wanted him) to promote him to head coach when Wat left.

[i]Originally posted by Richfieldniner[/i]@Feb 25 2005, 12:44 PM [b] Why do you think Cinncy has a good team every year? One reason(which is a part of many reasons) is the fact that they dont have a holier than though AD. Not saying she needs to bury her head in the sand, but give me a break. She doesnt need to stick her nose into this!! It was nothing more than a heated moment! This is college hoops, not a f***** chess class. I would love for her to get a job at Cinncy or Temple and try to tell Huggins to calm down. She would be out the door and down the Highway before she could get another perm! Nothing like a woman in a mans position, she has to act like she has balls. [/b]
And I bet you wouldn't mind having a program with the criminal reputation that Cincy's has? How about a drunken coach? Or one that threatens other coaches? Or a coach that sends his players in the game to take out the other team's players? You're correct, the AD does nothing at these schools but occupy a position. The coaches do whatever they please with little consequence. If that's what you desire, then you need to transfer. We're not becoming Thug U where the coach does whatever the h*!! he pleases with no punishment for his actions.
[b]I am ready to contribute... don't give me that finances stuff. We are located in the country's largest domestic banking city. How do all of these other big universities manage to pull it off? The problem is the person not the money. The fact is she has no vision for this, so how can you raise funds with no vision?[/b]

This is what I been thinking/saying the entire time. There is tons of money in this city. Being all about a money issue does not hold water with me.