Junk Email

it seems as though the more i unsubscribe the more junk emails i receive. anyone have some tips on how to reduce junk email?

When you unsubscribe from a junk emailer, that just proves that your email address is legit and they will send you more. No real way to reduce the amount since it’s not regulated, unless you set up a spam blocker. The problem with those are that emails that you may wish to receive may also get blocked if you do not have their email address in your address book. Now, if you’ve bought something from a particular place on-line and get their weekly e-circular (Target, Lowe’s, etc.), you can legitimately unsubscribe from those without further reprecussion.

[QUOTE=pickman;329117]it seems as though the more i unsubscribe the more junk emails i receive. anyone have some tips on how to reduce junk email?[/QUOTE]

Is it an email account you host? As opposed to @aol.com or @nc.rr.com? If it is your own hosted email, you can sign up for spam soap at www.spamsoap.com . I have a lot of customers who use this and it works great!

My work is bi*ching at all of us to unsubscribe, & I get more to. They say it’s too much work for them to review. Well it’s work for me to pull up & unsubscribe, rather than just hitting delete.

I sign up people who spam me to other people who spam me. They can spam each other.