Kalif Phillips (RB) 2013 verbal

Kannapolis A.L. Brown RB Kalif Phillips will join the 49ers next fall.Phillips ran for 1,755 yards and scored 30 TD’s for the Wonders in 12 games this year.He ran for 1,589 yards and 31 TD’s as a junior.Phillips had a 7 TD game in the 3AA playoffs this year against Hickory Ridge.Welcome Kalif to 49er country.

Being a Kannapolis fan I followed Kalif closely the last 2 years.He could be an impact player for the 49ers the next four years.

And he became a RB last season by accident (and injuries)…

With injuries last year…he was given a chance to switch positions to play RB - but not until after a few games into the season. And he exploded. Powerful for his size and fast.

Great athlete…Great kid too

clt says he clearly must like green.

Sweet… Glad to see a recruit from my high school…

Whatever happenned to the stud runningback at Brown class of 2011 who committed to UNC and I told everyone he was soft and never see the field.I don’t even know if he is on team anymore?

[quote=“oldschool81, post:5, topic:27231”]Whatever happenned to the stud runningback at Brown class of 2011 who committed to UNC and I told everyone he was soft and never see the field.I don’t even know if he is on team anymore?[/quote]What does this have to do with our recruit? If you want to talk about your player prognostications, please do so in the collegiate sports forum.

I’m really excited that we were able to land Phillips. Those are some amazing offensive #'s. Welcome to Niner Nation, Kalif!!

Travis Riley. Another good kid.

Red shirt his Freshman season at UNC…then tore his ACL. Was a football Freshman this season.

Still on the roser…but injuries have not been kind to him.

Better yet…I think Riley was a 2010 Tarheel recruit from AL Brown…

You may have been referring to Damien Washington. He went to UNC the year after Travis (which would have been 2011). Both were very good RB’s at AL Brown…but Damien was recruited to UNC more as an “athlete” than RB. I believe he is now on the roster as a WR.

Being an AL Brown alum…I’m just glad we took Kalif off of the “AL Brown RB to Tarheel” train and got one to Charlotte!!!

Kalif is also more “athlete” than RB in my opinion. He could end up as an RB, WR or DB here.

I have heard from an App St alum that Phillips is not gonna qualify. Any truth to this?

Even if this is true, and he has to sit a year, I’m not worried. We still have Barnwell, Lucas, Watkins, Gainey, and Duffy at RB. I think we’ll survive.

…and again, it wouldn’t shock me if he never plays a down at RB for us.

I see him as more of a Slot receiver or a DB.

Could be an RB…but he’s just a strong and fast athlete.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but you can’t just sit a year anymore can you?

Isn’t this what Lester is doing?

Yes you can.I think it’s called prop 16 now which replaced prop 48.Hoping Kalif has the grades to play next year.I know he has been working hard on his grades the last couple years.