Kansas State Postgame Thread

A&t, gsu, and first CUSA home game are on WCCB in Charlotte.

[quote=ā€œMikeNiner11, post:14, topic:31067ā€][quote=ā€œsportsman1417, post:13, topic:31067ā€]At least we are getting some pub.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/k-state-player-has-water-squirted-at-him-during-td-return/ar-AAryzyC?li=BBnb7Kz[/quote]

How embarrassing. Itā€™s one thing to be a bad team, itā€™s another to be a bad team with no class.[/quote]

This is the biggest non issue everā€¦ I saw several Charl tte tweets about how disgusted they were etcā€¦ refuckinglax. Iā€™d encourage those of you who are so morally outraged over this criminal behavior to never watch an NHL game.

I gove zero Fā€™s about a little waterā€¦ Iā€™m more worried that 2 games in to the season, if the opposing offenses never scored weā€™d still be down 21-14

I donā€™t care about the water. I just found it humorous it was on the home page. I have no faith in this coaching staff. I see 0-how ever many games we play.

If we keep losing like this, the football program will never have much of a chance. Fan support will always be down because we are making a name for ourselves as a losing program. Attendance will stay low and expansion will never come, etcā€¦ I know Iā€™m not making any new points.

Lambert has to go after this season.

Can we upset A&T next week?

Uniforms and helmets looked good on tv. That is all, I just wish we could score after after the first quarter.

Once again this game like last, it was 4th and 1 and we are down 30+ points I believe and are on about our own 40 yard line, shouldnā€™t we just go for it?? Why not try rather than punt it 30 yards and delay them marching down the field if they wanted?

They won 90% of every one on one test of wills all game. They broke tackles, we didnā€™t. They tackled us in one on one situations, we didnā€™t.
I hated the stupid stuff we did, like having Hart rugby kick to the short side of the field.
Klugh was beyond awful and the throwing off his back foot seems to be what he does now. If he does that all season, we will go 0-12.
The defensive line, while not great, was better than the lbā€™s and DB 's (again) which is nice to see.
Weā€™ve got to figure out a way to get players the ball in space.

They are good and I donā€™t mind getting beat by a team if you can show some positives. We got destroyed by Louisville last season and we were still throwing passion and effort. I didnā€™t see that today. Iā€™ve not seen us look worse than we did today.

Your last paragraph summed up the game for me. I didnā€™t expect to win, or to keep it close. We looked defeated though from the opening whistle. You could have Mike Leach and Brent Venables calling the plays, but if your team looks like a deer in headlights they will still lose.

I donā€™t know if Iā€™ve ever been as disappointed in our effort as I was today. This is the second game that we were not where we needed to be mentally, and that is inexcusable.

Observerā€™s article on our game:

I just looked online and saw nothing on the front page, nothing on ā€œSportsā€, and nothing under the ā€œCollege Sportsā€ category.

I did enjoy reading about the other local teams like Boise State.

[quote=ā€œ49r9r, post:29, topic:31067ā€]Observerā€™s article on our game:

I just looked online and saw nothing on the front page, nothing on ā€œSportsā€, and nothing under the ā€œCollege Sportsā€ category.

I did enjoy reading about the other local teams like Boise State.[/quote]

They did have a story on Appalachian!

What do you expect?

The observer sports department is filled with front running bandwagon journalists who will do anything other than cover their local teams.

They donā€™t have the vision or will to actually produce hyper local content that will engage a large part of their constituency. Instead they would rather regurgitate the same paplum we can get at ESPN, Fox or any number of bleacher report sites.

I mean really. Why the hell would they cover the huge public university right up the road?

They are a poor excuse for a sports department and I never go to them for coverage.

For me, this year was the start of expecting better. I said it after the EMU game. We are now playing with a full roster. We are playing virtually no walkons, we have a staff that has been together now for almost 6 years. We have been recruiting FBS kids for 4 years.

I havenā€™t gotten too worked up about the losses because honestly I never expected to win at football at least not at any high rate. What I did expect is for us to look like we belong on a football field and that we look to compete against programs like EMU. I donā€™t mind losing to KSU. I expected it. What I also expected though was a well coach team of players busting their ass. I am not really seeing that. And for the first time in our history - we have no excuses to see that.

For me, this year was the start of expecting better. I said it after the EMU game. We are now playing with a full roster. We are playing virtually no walkons, we have a staff that has been together now for almost 6 years. We have been recruiting FBS kids for 4 years.

I havenā€™t gotten too worked up about the losses because honestly I never expected to win at football at least not at any high rate. What I did expect is for us to look like we belong on a football field and that we look to compete against programs like EMU. I donā€™t mind losing to KSU. I expected it. What I also expected though was a well coach team of players busting their ass. I am not really seeing that. And for the first time in our history - we have no excuses to see that.[/quote]

I understand giving time for a new program/coach, I really do. However, we have been out executed from day 1 - not just out talented - so this should not be a surprise. Hell, weā€™ve lost to a team at home with no scholarships before. Weā€™ve had undisciplined play, bad qb selection by the staff, questionable calls on the field, many personal fouls all from the start. I donā€™t mind giving people time, but the writing has been on the wall for a LONG time.

Just saw espn top 10. Klugh diving touchdown made number 10.

I havenā€™t gotten too worked up about the losses because honestly I never expected to win at football at least not at any high rate. What I did expect is for us to look like we belong on a football field and that we look to compete against programs like EMU. I donā€™t mind losing to KSU. I expected it. What I also expected though was a well coach team of players busting their ass. I am not really seeing that. And for the first time in our history - we have no excuses to see that.[/quote]

I understand giving time for a new program/coach, I really do. However, we have been out executed from day 1 - not just out talented - so this should not be a surprise. Hell, weā€™ve lost to a team at home with no scholarships before. Weā€™ve had undisciplined play, bad qb selection by the staff, questionable calls on the field, many personal fouls all from the start. I donā€™t mind giving people time, but the writing has been on the wall for a LONG time.[/quote]

I donā€™t dispute that but I wasnā€™t willing to pin everything on the coaching staff at a early date. With each passing year though we have seen the excuses get peeled away. I couldnā€™t fault QB play calls too much when Matt Johnson couldnā€™t throw anything besides a bomb. Yes some of the play calls were bad but we were playing kids that had no business stepping on a college football field so was it the calls or expecting kids to execute plays they physically couldnā€™t. Iā€™ll give you though the staff should know better.

In the end though, for me, year 5 is when I needed to see us take a program elevating step. Not necessarily in wins, all though that would be nice, but it level of play. Thatā€™s not happening so far and clearly thatā€™s on Mullen Lambert and the rest at this point. I think Lambert has done some great things from a foundation of the program point of view, but if he canā€™t win on the field, itā€™s time for us to move on.

Also I think there is a reason why Judy doesnā€™t like hiring coaches with HC experience.

So I had the Charlotte game on my PC and the FAU game on the TV. Both teams went down 14 points quickly. FAU gave up a 73 yard run for the first Wisconsin TD. I even told my son that at least we were not the worst team in CUSA. Then there was a sharp contrast in the two games from that point on. FAU went into halftime trailing 21-14 and we were way down. Wisconsin ended up winning 31-14, but honestly FAU looked like they belonged playing against the #9 team in the nation. Charlotte looked like a mid-level FCS school against the #19 team. Is FAU a much better team than us on paper? I donā€™t think so. In my opinion it is on coaching and pride. Our team was not ready to play and that is the thing that is most discouraging.

I understand giving time for a new program/coach, I really do. However, we have been out executed from day 1 - not just out talented - so this should not be a surprise. Hell, weā€™ve lost to a team at home with no scholarships before. Weā€™ve had undisciplined play, bad qb selection by the staff, questionable calls on the field, many personal fouls all from the start. I donā€™t mind giving people time, but the writing has been on the wall for a LONG time.[/quote]

I donā€™t dispute that but I wasnā€™t willing to pin everything on the coaching staff at a early date. With each passing year though we have seen the excuses get peeled away. I couldnā€™t fault QB play calls too much when Matt Johnson couldnā€™t throw anything besides a bomb. Yes some of the play calls were bad but we were playing kids that had no business stepping on a college football field so was it the calls or expecting kids to execute plays they physically couldnā€™t. Iā€™ll give you though the staff should know better.

In the end though, for me, year 5 is when I needed to see us take a program elevating step. Not necessarily in wins, all though that would be nice, but it level of play. Thatā€™s not happening so far and clearly thatā€™s on Mullen Lambert and the rest at this point. I think Lambert has done some great things from a foundation of the program point of view, but if he canā€™t win on the field, itā€™s time for us to move on.

Also I think there is a reason why Judy doesnā€™t like hiring coaches with HC experience.[/quote]

If she gets rid of lambert and makes another gimmick hire of a big name with no head coaching experience or an assistant from a big school Iā€™m going to lose it.

If they do replace the head coach in the future, please god let them make a reasonable normal hire of someone young from a smaller school that has had head coaching success and it ready to take the next step.

I would love to have a hot shot young coach who makes his bones at Charlotte and then goes to the big time. That would mean we had a couple good years at least right?

Just make a normal hire. Please.

Also I think there is a reason why Judy doesnā€™t like hiring coaches with HC experience.[/quote]

If she gets rid of lambert and makes another gimmick hire of a big name with no head coaching experience or an assistant from a big school Iā€™m going to lose it.

If they do replace the head coach in the future, please god let them make a reasonable normal hire of someone young from a smaller school that has had head coaching success and it ready to take the next step.

I would love to have a hot shot young coach who makes his bones at Charlotte and then goes to the big time. That would mean we had a couple good years at least right?

Just make a normal hire. Please.[/quote]

Tell me about it. I mean Iā€™m all for hiring a young coordinator or coach that can build us up if she knew what to look for but it seems to me she doesnā€™t. Hell in football she even has a good short list of experienced head coaches to look at for a replacement, . Mike Houston from JMU, Chris Klieman from NDSU, Bo Pelini from Youngstown State. Hell Paul Pertino is an fbs coach at Idaho and has done a great job building that program up. You think heā€™s going to want to stick around there when they drop to fcs? I donā€™t think so. Judy shouldnā€™t overthink this one. Just poach a coach.

After having a little time to think about it, I am going to stay positive until after next weekā€™s game. I agree with all of the negatives and that we have looked worse than most of us anticipated, but EMU beat Rutgers yesterday so that makes that loss a little more bearable.

Before the season I think most thought we would start 0-2, and the best we could do was 2-2 before the conference schedule started. I think that is still doable even with what we have seen so far from the team, Georgia state lost to Tennessee State and we will hopefully beat NC A&T (although I expect it to be very close).

Iā€™m surprised the ā€œwater squirtā€ TD for k st didnā€™t make #1. >:(

Iā€™m surprised the ā€œwater squirtā€ TD for k st didnā€™t make #1. >:([/quote]
Yeah, I hope at the least the squirter got a slow bus ticket back to Charlotte.