Kansas State pregame discussion

[quote=“9erken, post:40, topic:28404”][quote=“Dowless, post:38, topic:28404”]How is the program in a downward spiral coming off of the first NIT bid in 5 years, and getting better recruits than in the last 10 years?[/quote]Sarcasm just isn’t as clear when you can’t hear the tone of voice.

I do hope fans will be able to enjoy it when the program does finally reach a higher post-season level, even if they miss out on the season leading up to it. I know it’s pretty common for fans to check out when the team isn’t as successful as they want it to be, but I’m not sure I understand that attitude. How can you enjoy a game, like say the Butler game last year, if you say you don’t care about it going in?

As for K st., I think they’re probably decent enough that this will be a very tough game for us. Particularly our young post guys, who will be going up against better athletes than they have so far this season, even if those athletes aren’t as tall or as skilled. That said, if the Niners play well, they should be able to pull out a close win, as I think this team is equal to or better than last year’s, and last year’s team beat some better teams when they were playing well.[/quote]

I don’t think it’s not caring about it. There is expecting to win, which results in being pissed when you lose and hoping to win, which results in a whatever emotion if you lose. It took awhile but games that 10 years ago I expected to win and got pissed when we lost have transitioned to just hoping we win. This game is a great example - I am simply hoping to win. 10 years ago I would have gone into this game expecting to win. That is a combo of a lot of things. I can’t wait to get back to the day that I expect to win the tougher games. To get there though we have to finish in the top of the conf, perform well in both conf and and any other tournaments and winning our share of the big games on our schedule. Also helps to avoid multiple game losing streaks to close seasons out.

You mean the game we’ll inevitably blow with poor play and send this program even further into a downward spiral?[/quote]

How is the program in a downward spiral coming off of the first NIT bid in 5 years, and getting better recruits than in the last 10 years?[/quote]He was joking.[/quote]

I almost didn’t post that because he has never struck me as a hater. ;D

I was kidding.

Preview w/ K-State blogger:

http://pickaxedigest.com/2013/11/20/three-point-stance-jug-snyder-previews-charlotte-49erskansas-state-wildcats/

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:41, topic:28404”]I don’t think it’s not caring about it. There is expecting to win, which results in being pissed when you lose and hoping to win, which results in a whatever emotion if you lose. It took awhile but games that 10 years ago I expected to win and got pissed when we lost have transitioned to just hoping we win. This game is a great example - I am simply hoping to win. 10 years ago I would have gone into this game expecting to win. That is a combo of a lot of things. I can’t wait to get back to the day that I expect to win the tougher games. To get there though we have to finish in the top of the conf, perform well in both conf and and any other tournaments and winning our share of the big games on our schedule. Also helps to avoid multiple game losing streaks to close seasons out.[/quote] Maybe it was other posters that used the term “apathy”, as that’s what I was responding to. But I seem to remember some posts you’ve made that basically said you just don’t care to watch the team as much anymore because you expect things to go wrong. Am I wrong? I don’t mean this as calling out your or anyone else’s fandom, which I find kind of silly because people can do what they want as fans as far as I’m concerned. And you seem like a pretty ardent fan overall to me anyway. It just seems too bad to me to have a favorite team, but check out for the down periods of your favorite team, because you’ll almost certainly miss out on some of the excitement when things finally do turn around.

On the other hand, there’s the plight of Cubs fans.

[quote=“9erken, post:45, topic:28404”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:41, topic:28404”]I don’t think it’s not caring about it. There is expecting to win, which results in being pissed when you lose and hoping to win, which results in a whatever emotion if you lose. It took awhile but games that 10 years ago I expected to win and got pissed when we lost have transitioned to just hoping we win. This game is a great example - I am simply hoping to win. 10 years ago I would have gone into this game expecting to win. That is a combo of a lot of things. I can’t wait to get back to the day that I expect to win the tougher games. To get there though we have to finish in the top of the conf, perform well in both conf and and any other tournaments and winning our share of the big games on our schedule. Also helps to avoid multiple game losing streaks to close seasons out.[/quote] Maybe it was other posters that used the term “apathy”, as that’s what I was responding to. But I seem to remember some posts you’ve made that basically said you just don’t care to watch the team as much anymore because you expect things to go wrong. Am I wrong? I don’t mean this as calling out your or anyone else’s fandom, which I find kind of silly because people can do what they want as fans as far as I’m concerned. And you seem like a pretty ardent fan overall to me anyway. It just seems too bad to me to have a favorite team, but check out for the down periods of your favorite team, because you’ll almost certainly miss out on some of the excitement when things finally do turn around.

On the other hand, there’s the plight of Cubs fans.[/quote]

You could be like me and be both. Why miss out on any of the fun?

Charlotte Wins if:
We come out of the gate swinging and K-State is slow to wake up for the morning game. By they time they do wake up, our boys are already playing well and with a lead. Thorne and Clayton do not get into foul trouble, and K-State’s diminutive stature allows us to get more than our fair share of offensive rebounds. None of the K-State players explode for 30 or some other ungodly number.

Charlotte Losses if:
We are then ones napping at the tip. Thorne and Clayton cannot stay on the court due to foul trouble. K-State leverages its athleticism to effectively negate their lack of height. Lester never gets into a groove, and T-Will thinks he is in one, when in fact he is not.

[quote=“9erken, post:45, topic:28404”][quote=“NinerWupAss, post:41, topic:28404”]I don’t think it’s not caring about it. There is expecting to win, which results in being pissed when you lose and hoping to win, which results in a whatever emotion if you lose. It took awhile but games that 10 years ago I expected to win and got pissed when we lost have transitioned to just hoping we win. This game is a great example - I am simply hoping to win. 10 years ago I would have gone into this game expecting to win. That is a combo of a lot of things. I can’t wait to get back to the day that I expect to win the tougher games. To get there though we have to finish in the top of the conf, perform well in both conf and and any other tournaments and winning our share of the big games on our schedule. Also helps to avoid multiple game losing streaks to close seasons out.[/quote] Maybe it was other posters that used the term “apathy”, as that’s what I was responding to. But I seem to remember some posts you’ve made that basically said you just don’t care to watch the team as much anymore because you expect things to go wrong. Am I wrong? I don’t mean this as calling out your or anyone else’s fandom, which I find kind of silly because people can do what they want as fans as far as I’m concerned. And you seem like a pretty ardent fan overall to me anyway. It just seems too bad to me to have a favorite team, but check out for the down periods of your favorite team, because you’ll almost certainly miss out on some of the excitement when things finally do turn around.

On the other hand, there’s the plight of Cubs fans.[/quote]

clt says to ice up son. Keep the cubs out of this.

Opening Line via 5 Dimes: Charlotte +4 vs Kansas State

Only 2 pages of discussion on this game so far?

:eek:

The oddsmakers obviously have no clue how good we are.

[quote=“Honest Niner, post:47, topic:28404”]Charlotte Wins if:
We come out of the gate swinging and K-State is slow to wake up for the morning game. By they time they do wake up, our boys are already playing well and with a lead. Thorne and Clayton do not get into foul trouble, and K-State’s diminutive stature allows us to get more than our fair share of offensive rebounds. None of the K-State players explode for 30 or some other ungodly number.

Charlotte Losses if:
We are then ones napping at the tip. Thorne and Clayton cannot stay on the court due to foul trouble. K-State leverages its athleticism to effectively negate their lack of height. Lester never gets into a groove, and T-Will thinks he is in one, when in fact he is not.[/quote]

I agree, keeping Willie and Mike on the court and out of foul trouble will be key. I think they will have big games today if they are on the court.

Hopefully Ingram being back will give us a legit 3-point threat.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:52, topic:28404”]Hopefully Ingram being back will give us a legit 3-point threat.[/quote]Maybe Cherry needed a long walk on the beach to find himself.

Will this game be on the radio?

streaming options?

Game notes

Charlotte:

http://www.charlotte49ers.com//pdf9/2569513.pdf?ATCLID=209313957&SPSID=363433&SPID=44799&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23200

KSU:
http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/112013aab.html

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ksu/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/release/release_20131120aaa.pdf

Game preview:

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/11/20/4637529/kansas-state-charlotte-basketball.html

[size=0.9em]2k[/size]: this may work for a link, 2 options: http://www​.wiziwig.tv/​broadcast.ph​p?matchid=23​2325&part=sp​orts
size=0.7em[/size][size=0.9em]2k[/size]: someone copy pasta that since I won’t be here to provide during the game (in case one of them work)

http://pickaxedigest.com/2013/11/21/puerto-rico-tip-charlotte-49ers-vs-kansas-state-wildcats-watch-online/

I guess I KNOW the NINERS well, but not this obviously lesser opponent. ;D :))