Karl Hobbs let go...

New AD, evidently they will have a new coach for the Colonials.

[size=13px]RT @goodmanonfox: George Washington coach Karl Hobbs has been let go, sources told FOXSports.com.[/size]

Odd timing. Why wait so long?

Didn’t really wait that long. New AD hasn’t been in place for more than a few days, right?

Didn’t really wait that long. New AD hasn’t been in place for more than a few days, right?[/quote]I just meant the school in general, not the AD specifically.

Jeff Goodman has floated Joe Dooley, Asst at Kansas, as a possible replacement. He played at GW in the mid-80s. We looked at him didn’t we? That would be really interesting if it came to pass. Two new coaches, both with big rebuilding jobs to do, playing head-to-head competition. I guess we would know for sure if we hired the right guy.

Wow, I guess that means goodbye to that stud recruiting class Hobbs had coming in, which including top 50 prospect Erik Copes.

[quote=“Ninerballin, post:6, topic:25327”]Wow, I guess that means goodbye to that stud recruiting class Hobbs had coming in, which including top 50 prospect Erik Copes.[/quote]he probably stays if his Uncle is retained.

We just have to make sure the uncle doesn’t end up staying.

Why not? I want the A-10 to have as many talented players as possible. The attitude of your post suggests we should be in the Big South.

He needed to go. Had some success early with some shady recruiting, but couldn’t get it done since. Although I will give him some respect and say he thoroughly dominated us in his time at GW…ouch.

Hobbs had our number- Hopefully that’s 2 more wins next season.

[quote=“Iron9er, post:10, topic:25327”]He needed to go. Had some success early with some shady recruiting, but couldn’t get it done since. Although I will give him some respect and say he thoroughly dominated us in his time at GW…ouch.[/quote] He did a decent job last year with his star player out. If Kromah had been able to come back, and they could add Copes, they would’ve been good next season. I’d guess top 5 finish with a good chance for an at-large bid.

This is odd timing unless they don’t have worries about losing a recruiting class. Even then, it’s still pretty late in the game for a new coach to come in for next season. Will be interesting to see who they get.

meh - I want GW to be as good as humanly possible (but worse than us). Then, I want to beat them. And I want a ridiculous elbow called on them at the last second of a huge game against us. And we win. And we run around their arena (okay, I guess I mean back and forth in their “arena”) yelling about how awesome we are. Then I want their awesome players to try to transfer to Charlotte and get rejected for not meeting academic standards.

Bottom line - I want them to be relevant so that my hatred for them is relevant. Nothing worse than playing a crap GW team that I hate even on years we’re less than desirable.

Bottom line - I want them to be relevant so that my hatred for them is relevant. Nothing worse than playing a crap GW team that I hate even on years we're less than desirable.

I’m glad some of you have found the ability to hate other A10 schools. I still could give lesss than a flip about any of them…meh.

Way to call it.

[quote=“49or bust, post:15, topic:25327”]

Way to call it.[/quote]

Ha Ha, look at the girl two over from him… she’s like “oh my god!”

[quote=“49or bust, post:15, topic:25327”]

Way to call it.[/quote]

I mean… there is a free gym on campus

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:17, topic:25327”][quote=“49or bust, post:15, topic:25327”]

Way to call it.[/quote]

I mean… there is a free gym on campus[/quote]

CLASSIC ;D

RT @bfp_sports: On Campus: Lonergan given permission to interview at GW http://dlvr.it/PpQlv

Though something of a head-scratcher when I first learned that Hobbs had been pink-slipped, upon further scrutiny, I’m not really surprised. With the new AD’s background (posted in another thread), plus the recent review of GW athletics by the university, this move makes more sense (though I’ll admit that John Feinstein’s piece in The Washington Post makes a compelling case for letting KH have one more season). Still, no arguing the abysmal attendance numbers at the Smith Center (averaged less than 1,800 in 2010-11) and missing 2 out of the past 4 A-10 tournaments and ZERO wins in the ones made, including the home loss to St. Joe’s to end the 2010-11 season.