Katz: MAC discussing expansion with Temple as full member

This blurb from Andy Katz’s “Daily Word” (ESPN Insider) was posted on both Billikens.com and Xavierhoops.com…

• The MAC meetings are going on in Chicago, and according to a coach in attendance, there was more talk about expanding the league to 14 teams with adding Temple (Atlantic 10 for all sports but football) and Western Kentucky (Sun Belt) as full members. Temple plays a MAC schedule in football and has added MAC nonconference games for basketball. This kind of decision would be made for football, but if they did ever join the league in hoops, it would make this league even tougher and potentially put it in position to earn multiple bids (which hasn't happened since 1999).
If this were to happen, I agree it would make the MAC even tougher in men's hoops in conference play. I disagree that it would result in multiple NCAA invites. I know WKU has been looking to make the move from the FCS (I-AA) to FBS (I-A) in football, but they could do that within the Sun Belt. Hmmm...

We’ll give them temple if they also take the bonnies

We'll give them temple if they also take the bonnies
Gill for A10 commish!

It would be good for the MAC, but I don’t see what Temple gets out of it? Why would they want a worse conference for the marquee sport? Doesn’t make sense.

It would be good for the MAC, but I don't see what Temple gets out of it? Why would they want a worse conference for the marquee sport? Doesn't make sense.
i was wondering the same thing.
We'll give them temple if they also take the bonnies

Add La Salle to the list, and they can have Temple for all I care.

[QUOTE=Gill2003;321876]We’ll give them temple if they also take the bonnies[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=gotLutz;321999]Add La Salle to the list, and they can have Temple for all I care.[/QUOTE]

Second!