Kavel Bigby-Williams - 2016 JUCO C offer

Playing at Gillette JUCO in Wyoming, originally from London.

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2015-161/players/kavellbigbywilliams801l

clt says he is the best a man can get.

Glad we are offering and not getting my hopes up, but in truth this is the kind of guy we need on the inside. I know there are people who dont agree, but am happy we are looking at jucos who are ready to play and am sure we will probably look at more grad transfers like Uchebo in the spring. In his first few games in juco this year he already had a couple of triple doubles (pts, rebs, blocks).

I would love to land him and bol. Size, length, athletisism, rebounding, and shot blocking. We need that. I doubt price plans to go all juco like Bobby. We should be able to land a player like this.

Sign him up please.

Looks like a Hassan Whiteside type of player. Him down low with four guards could be dangerous

[quote=“Iron9er, post:4, topic:30096”]Glad we are offering and not getting my hopes up, but in truth this is the kind of guy we need on the inside. I know there are people who dont agree, but am happy we are looking at jucos who are ready to play and am sure we will probably look at more grad transfers like Uchebo in the spring. In his first few games in juco this year he already had a couple of triple doubles (pts, rebs, blocks).[/quote] Even I’m ok with grabbing a couple jucos in the post at this point. We have very little proven post players returning next year, and any young guys we bring in will likely need a year or two to mature. But I do hope we can take fewer in the future to help build the program.

Some of our best years were with JUCOs. It is perfectly fine bringing them in to fill certain roles on a team. we messed up when we started expecting those guys to be leaders of the program. I would welcome JUCOs helping out!

I feel like he’s laid a freshman base with White, Davis and Jackson. bObby’s problem was that he would swing and miss with big recruits and use juco’s a 35 minute a game stars every season.

I feel like he’s laid a freshman base with White, Davis and Jackson. bObby’s problem was that he would swing and miss with big recruits and use juco’s a 35 minute a game stars every season.[/quote]

it helps now that we have a coach that can recruit.

i think what we’re seeing is what we already know: BOTH sides of the equation are essential. most of us will agree that major brought some very nice talent in; he just had no idea what to do next! (i wonder if major had a small panic attack every time he brought in a certified baller? “Oh s**t! Wuddah I gonna do now!!!”)
with price, i really think we have a guy who will excel in both departments! i’m very pleased with what he’s done already.
believe me, Price will NOT lose!

just keep in mind that most of us agreed that the program was at an Epic Low when Price appeared!

Some of our best years were with JUCOs. It is perfectly fine bringing them in to fill certain roles on a team. we messed up when we started expecting those guys to be leaders of the program. I would welcome JUCOs helping out![/quote]

D.O.B.A.

When we were rolling…
Sean Colson, Demon Brown, Cam Stephens, Galen Young, James Zimmerman, Kenkay Jones, Versile Shaw, Curtis Nash, Marlon Thomas…all were steady or even big contributors and key pieces that without them, we wouldn’t have been anywhere near as successful. Those JUCO’s were HUGE pieces to our CUSA 1.0 & NCAA runs.

With our recruiting disadvantages, I think we will always need to spot fill with JUCO’s or transfers…but Bobby let it get out of control. He started out spot filling with them…then he got to where relied on them to be our core. No need to go down the extreme path again…but to spot fill immediate needs, I say…GO GET EM!!!

Some of our best years were with JUCOs. It is perfectly fine bringing them in to fill certain roles on a team. we messed up when we started expecting those guys to be leaders of the program. I would welcome JUCOs helping out![/quote]

D.O.B.A.

When we were rolling…
Sean Colson, Demon Brown, Cam Stephens, Galen Young, James Zimmerman, Kenkay Jones, Versile Shaw, Curtis Nash, Marlon Thomas…all were steady or even big contributors and key pieces that without them, we wouldn’t have been anywhere near as successful. Those JUCO’s were HUGE pieces to our CUSA 1.0 & NCAA runs.

With our recruiting disadvantages, I think we will always need to spot fill with JUCO’s or transfers…but Bobby let it get out of control. He started out spot filling with them…then he got to where relied on them to be our core. No need to go down the extreme path again…but to spot fill immediate needs, I say…GO GET EM!!![/quote]

Demon wasn’t a JUCO

But I agree, JUCOs are terrific when used properly, and in moderation

JUCOS further back in time include George Jackson, Jon Heath, Dan Plondke and Alexander Kuehl. All of them were productive players and sound fundamentally. In our situation, we will need to take some risks to plug some holes.

[quote=“Colorado49er, post:14, topic:30096”]JUCOS further back in time include George Jackson, Jon Heath, Dan Plondke and Alexander Kuehl. All of them were productive players and sound fundamentally. In our situation, we will need to take some risks to plug some holes.[/quote]not against taking jucos, but the juco circuit isn’t what it used to be. Many kids just prep or sit out a year these days.

[quote=“Niner National, post:15, topic:30096”][quote=“Colorado49er, post:14, topic:30096”]JUCOS further back in time include George Jackson, Jon Heath, Dan Plondke and Alexander Kuehl. All of them were productive players and sound fundamentally. In our situation, we will need to take some risks to plug some holes.[/quote]not against taking jucos, but the juco circuit isn’t what it used to be. Many kids just prep or sit out a year these days.[/quote]You still have a good bit of kids that are going juco that just can’t get grades out of HS/Prep. Seems that more kids are transferring after Freshman seasons and going JUCO instead of sitting out a year.

KBW now has a prediction to go to Oregon, from a top JUCO insider. http://247sports.com/Player/Kavell-Bigby-Williams-88173

Not saying I expect to get him, but that’s one prediction. Does he even have an Oregon offer?

I’m guessing Oregon is selling him on what they did with Boucher this season. With only two seasons to play, wouldn’t he rather come in and start?

Not saying I expect to get him, but that’s one prediction. Does he even have an Oregon offer?[/quote]I couldn’t tell you. But I didn’t think we had much of a shot before seeing that, now I’d imagine it’s almost 0. My guess is we’ve already moved on anyways.