Kentucky roll call!

So i just purchase my tickets for this game and was looking to see if anyone else is going. I am also trying to figure out where people will be staying. I am looking at the Hyatt downtown $209 a night and only 3 miles from the stadium. They also have free burbon tours in the distillery district. The hotel they had listed on the athletic site or whatever is like 25 min ride from downtown and around the same price. If a bunch of people are planning on going maybe we could block off some rooms and get a group discount. Anyways thoughts?

I want to go - really really really want to. Just have to wait a little longer before I can make it definite.

In for two. Itā€™s nice to have the employee discount on hotels, thanks wifey!.

If I could ā€œbeamā€ up there and back and watch a game where we have even a slight chance to win, Iā€™d consider going.

I donā€™t know if I can go or not yet. If I can, Iā€™ll probably check with the O to see if they can get me a Press Pass to get into the game free.

$209 a night? WTF? You couldnā€™t find anything for $50-$60?

I am sure he could if he was ok with bugs and the sound of a headboard beating against the wall all night.

Iā€™ve never had that problem before.

Iā€™m a Lexington resident (no, you canā€™t stay at my house), so I can offer a little advice here. The cheaper hotels in good areas will be either in Hamburg (east side of town) or Beaumont Center (southwest side of town on Herrodsburg Rd.). Itā€™s best to stay away from the north side of town (industrial). Lexington is a fairly small town, so itā€™s really not far to get to Commonwealth Stadium from any part of town. The traffic is terrible from no matter what direction you are coming from.

A few area notes: if you want to do a bourbon tour, you must hit Woodford Reserve. Keeneland might be running then (not sure), so check out a race if you can. Finally, Lexington has a great downtown, so you canā€™t go wrong spending Saturday night there.

[quote=ā€œOriginal Niner, post:9, topic:29721ā€]Iā€™m a Lexington resident (no, you canā€™t stay at my house), so I can offer a little advice here. The cheaper hotels in good areas will be either in Hamburg (east side of town) or Beaumont Center (southwest side of town on Herrodsburg Rd.). Itā€™s best to stay away from the north side of town (industrial). Lexington is a fairly small town, so itā€™s really not far to get to Commonwealth Stadium from any part of town. The traffic is terrible from no matter what direction you are coming from.

A few area notes: if you want to do a bourbon tour, you must hit Woodford Reserve. Keeneland might be running then (not sure), so check out a race if you can. Finally, Lexington has a great downtown, so you canā€™t go wrong spending Saturday night there.[/quote]

The wife and I enjoy the self-guided car tour of the horse stables in the area.

50-60 a night gross. Stop being poor that is disgusting. I guess you dont understand the purpose of college. It is to not be poor. So anyways i have reserved my room if you plan on going let me know so we can block off some rooms

Original niner i am going to need a complete and though run down of the strip club situation. You can not do enough research. I repeat you cannot do enough research

Original niner dont be afraid to get your hands dirty. This is deserves the upmost attention

Kentucky strippers. :-X Need I say more?

Yes sir

Unfortunately i will need personal guidance. Your presence is expected. No negotiating

My only judgment is they are advertising a day shift. Then again i reminisce on my college days. Have i never pulled a double before? Who am i to deny the sweet knowledge of capitalism to these young ladies. I must inform!

If you are going to make the trip you are probably better off spending the extra $ to sit with Niner fans but if you want to save $, tickets are going for as little as $17 on StubHub.

http://www.stubhub.com/kentucky-football-tickets-kentucky-vs-charlotte-11-21-2015/event/9214343/

Tickets to all other away games this year are at least twice that much on StubHub. FIU is the next lowest at $35

already paid for my niner seats there a long time ago