Key question that needs to be asked....

I just donā€™t see a future with him at the helm any longer.

now that's funny...our annual giving for athletics sucks, so i don't see anyone stepping up to the plate to buy out his contract

our annual giving may suck but what judy is good at is getting big spenders to drop big dollars on big projects. (ie baseball field, sac, sac addition, etcā€¦) if they believe their money will mater, they will step forward.

Maybe Iā€™m being kind, but Iā€™m giving Bobby a pass this year. Last year, I was fuming because of differences in opinion over some of his coaching philosophies. Most of it had to do with my belief that Curtis Withers should have been the main focal point of the offense.

This year, I really canā€™t say much since I donā€™t know if I would have done anything differently. Would I have made Courtney Williams, Sean Phaler, and David Booker the focal points of an interior offense and told DA, Leemire, and Ian not to take any outside shots? Probably not.

Since the mustache was shaved, Lutz went after players like Big Phil, Gaby, Whitehurst, Wilderness, and Gerrity instead of one-trick pony SGs or SFs. I donā€™t know if it will work out yet, but I canā€™t fault his recruiting. The ā€œEJ Experimentā€ was a total success, Ian is developing, and I like how Jamison got minutes in a crowd of SGs and SFs. Defense has been as s**ty as ever this year, but the guards are forcing turnovers and getting a couple more assits & rebounds this year (defending shots is still a MAJOR concern). Technicals by Bobby have been down, and the team (especially EJ) have done a nice job of drawing fouls from the A-10 refs and theyā€™ve been hitting their free throws.

So what is left to complain about? Oh yeahā€¦the wholeā€¦uhmā€¦losing thing. The results this year have not been good when compared to what Charlotte fans are accustomed to and thatā€™s really the bottom line.

I guess the old adage ā€œyou canā€™t fire the team, but you CAN fire the coachā€ applies in this situation. Iā€™m curious to see what happens next year with underclassmen at the 3,4, & 5. If Iā€™m surprised in a good way, Iā€™d voice to keep Bobby since I can pretty much guarantee that any new head coach search will get screwed up by the current school administration. If Iā€™m surprised in a bad wayā€¦ then Iā€™d strongly voice that Bobby should turn in his resignation.

Very reasonable post survivor.

Itā€™s just rare that we get people looking at both sides of an issue. I cant count on about 6 or 7 fingers the number of regulars who do it.

This is just my opinion, but:

I think the next winning season Bobby has, he chooses to leave for somewhere else anyway. (all ready tried w/Tenn.)

Itā€™s just the win-loss record is not allowing him to do it right now.

I donā€™t want Bobby to leave, but if he is going to anyway, it might make some sense to bring in some new blood as soon as we can.

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;215783]This is just my opinion, but:

I think the next winning season Bobby has, he chooses to leave for somewhere else anyway. (all ready tried w/Tenn.)

Itā€™s just the win-loss record is not allowing him to do it right now.

I donā€™t want Bobby to leave, but if he is going to anyway, it might make some sense to bring in some new blood as soon as we can.[/QUOTE]

Bobby was approached by Iowa St and KSU this past offseason. In fact Eddie Fogler was on the search committee for ISU. He told them he wasnā€™t interested. I still believe he was re-energized by bringing in the 4 freshman a promising PG, and having Moxley back. They genuinely thought this team would finish near the top of the A-10. Itā€™s not all doom and gloom like some like to present it.

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;215786]Bobby was approached by Iowa St and KSU this past offseason. [/QUOTE]

I hope he didnā€™t recommend Huggins for the KSU job after saying no.

[QUOTE=49or bust;215711]Unless someone comes on here and makes a few of those oh so popular cryptic posts. Maybe kinda like this one I am making right nowā€¦:naughty:[/QUOTE]

Now THAt is funnyā€¦No one here would post cryptic messages would they? LOL

[QUOTE=LeftyNiner;215786] Itā€™s not all doom and gloom like some like to present it.[/QUOTE]

Lefty, the way its presented?
the performance/record this year coupled with the end of last year presents itself- does it not?

NA, youā€™re a hoot.

We lose Drayton, Alexander, Coleman, Jameson and Courtney Williams this year. We will be lucky to win 10 games next year. It will only be worse for lutz next year.

Bobby was approached by Iowa St and KSU this past offseason. In fact Eddie Fogler was on the search committee for ISU. He told them he wasn't interested. I still believe he was re-energized by bringing in the 4 freshman a promising PG, and having Moxley back. They genuinely thought this team would finish near the top of the A-10. It's not all doom and gloom like some like to present it.
:lmao:

He was approached by KSU and Iowa St for an assistant coach position?

[QUOTE=xman;215801]We lose Drayton, Alexander, Coleman, Jameson and Courtney Williams this year. We will be lucky to win 10 games next year. It will only be worse for lutz next year.[/QUOTE]Drayton and Alexander are the only losses there. There is no way anyone could produce less than what we get from our center position now. At worst, it will be as bad as this year. That leaves players to make up for the production of Alexander and Drayton and thatā€™s my biggest concern. I feel Leemire can almost equal the production of Alexander next year, especially if he doesnā€™t have to play point as often. Gerrity proved he could score as a freshman in D1 basketball. Perhaps another year in D1 will help Carlos out, but Iā€™m not really counting on it being much different next year. Hopefully Whitehurst, Wilderness, and Gaby can at least match the production of EJ from this year. Maybe Iā€™m being optimistic, but I think next year will be about the same as this year, winning 12-15 games. Iā€™m really hoping Booker improves and gives us at least a bit of a scoring threat inside, but he doesnā€™t look so good right now. Iā€™m just happy that a lot of our incoming players are players that play more around the basket than on the perimeter.

Give him through his contract. There is no way we are going to buyout his contract. While I think Lutz has lost some fire as has the program, my concern is we are not going to find a coach that is that much better with the salary we are paying.

Our major issue is Judy. Plan and simple. She needs to go.

I really like Bobby and hate to see the negatives things posted. I hope we let him finish his contract and then judge.

[QUOTE=RWORKMAN09;215877]Drayton and Alexander are the only losses there. There is no way anyone could produce less than what we get from our center position now. At worst, it will be as bad as this year. That leaves players to make up for the production of Alexander and Drayton and thatā€™s my biggest concern. I feel Leemire can almost equal the production of Alexander next year, especially if he doesnā€™t have to play point as often. Gerrity proved he could score as a freshman in D1 basketball. Perhaps another year in D1 will help Carlos out, but Iā€™m not really counting on it being much different next year. Hopefully Whitehurst, Wilderness, and Gaby can at least match the production of EJ from this year. Maybe Iā€™m being optimistic, but I think next year will be about the same as this year, winning 12-15 games. Iā€™m really hoping Booker improves and gives us at least a bit of a scoring threat inside, but he doesnā€™t look so good right now. Iā€™m just happy that a lot of our incoming players are players that play more around the basket than on the perimeter.[/QUOTE]

You make some valid points. Another key could easily be Phil Jones, especially if he can step right in and make an immediate impact when he becomes eligible.

Bobby is a good man, but I think it would be better for the program if they could go in a different direction as soon as possible in the offseason. As I have posted in the past, sometimes when a program has reached a point that they just canā€™t seem to pass (or actually has regressed), it is better for both sides involved to part and go their seperate ways (so each can be revitalized and recharged). Bobby has proven that he is not going to change his style of coaching and/or play, so it seems to reason that the best we can hope for out of him is the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament. After doing that several times, it is time to give someone else a chance to provide a spark to the program, and try to take us to a higher level. So, if Bobby wonā€™t resign (which I seriously doubt he would), and a buyout cannot be afforded, then there is no way his contract should be renew unless within the next 2 years he takes us much further than we have been with him before (Sweet 16 or beyond really).