Kris Rochelle hired as asst. baseball coach

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/072909aaa.html

Congrats to Rochelle! I think it’s always nice to see alumni on coaching staffs.

good hire!

I asked Hibbs last week if he was coaching 3rd again with Bo gone and he said, “no way- someone quick has to be there to dodge the foul balls” :biggrin:

[QUOTE=metro;421980]good hire!

I asked Hibbs last week if he was coaching 3rd again with Bo gone and he said, “no way- someone quick has to be there to dodge the foul balls” :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Haha. Nice.

If Brett Hall is coming back as volunteer coach again, I’m guessing it will be him at 1st and Rochelle at 3rd.

good hire!

I asked Hibbs last week if he was coaching 3rd again with Bo gone and he said, “no way- someone quick has to be there to dodge the foul balls” :biggrin:

where did Bo go?

[QUOTE=jds2007;422060]where did Bo go?[/QUOTE]
Illinois State; he’s the recruiting coordinator there.

thought I heard he was friends with or played ball with the head man at Ill. State.

Hated to see Bo go, but I will be surprised if Kris doesn’t do well in this position.

thought I heard he was friends with or played ball with the head man at Ill. State.

Hated to see Bo go, but I will be surprised if Kris doesn’t do well in this position.

thats correct, Mark Kingston (tarheel grad) was the asst at Tulane the past few years and got the head job at Ill St. He and Durkac are buddies from Durkacs frosh yr at UNC. He offered the job to Bo, and the money is nearly double what we paid as an asst here. It wasn’t a hard call for Bo.