Lacrosse @ Davidson

Game # 2 of the 49ers season is tonight at 7, most likely on Davidson’s Football field.

Come out, enjoy the game of lacrosse and support your Niners when they take on the Wildcats!

Charlotte: 0-1(0-0)
Davidson: 2-1(1-0)

Davidson come into the game, which will be their home opener, winning two straight games against High Point and Southern Virginia by a combined score of 31-4. They dropped their opener agaist South Carolina 15-6.

Charlotte is on the road again after a losing effort in Winston-Salem at Wake Forest. The Niners have had over two weeks off to prepare for their upcoming pair of games this weekend, beginning tonight at Davidson and ending tomorrow as they host their first game of the year. Charlotte defeated Davidson this fall, also an away game, with a score of 7-4.

Despite the rain today, the game is still being played. Turf allows us to do so, eitherthat or Davidson doesnt care if we tear up their fields.

What about for our home games? Will you guys still play if it rains tomorrow or does Charlotte care if you tear up our fields?

the rec fields dont drain…therefore basically if it rains within 2 days before the games could be cancelled.

Charlotte does care about their fields, which is why we postponed our season opener. I’ll announce the status of tomorrow’s game as it becomes available.

Just got back from the Davidson game. Here is a slight recap:

Attack Mike Ganzert again scored the opening goal of the game for the Niner. And again, he got called for an illegal stick, nullifying the goal. The game proved to be a back and forth effort for both teams. Ganzert redeemed himself with 33 seconds left to score the game winner, 9-8.

Goals scored:
John Metcalfe - 4
Mike Ganzert - 3
GT Hobday - 1
Michael Silvestri - 1

As an aside: Davidson plays dirty. Really dirty. nutshhots were the name of the game all night for them, and took them several times on Ganzert. After the game ended, words were exchanged and a brawl nearly broke out beteen the teams. The instigators…Davidson. These guys are classless and had an obscenely obnoxious student section(their recently ousted basketball team) who cheer for the stupidest of events. They also had several fans badmouthing the refs for no reason at all. Classless.

NEXT GAME: As of right now, our next game is tomorrow at 7pm on rec field 9D, by the engineering buildings. We host Furman for our first home game of the year. Come out, Be Loud, Be Niners!

seriously, all the guys playing would love to see a crowd out there. And you can drink if/and what you want. make signs, paint faces. go crazy. Show your green team some st. patty’s day support!

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;225111]

As an aside: Davidson plays dirty. Really dirty. nutshhots were the name of the game all night for them, and took them several times on Ganzert. After the game ended, words were exchanged and a brawl nearly broke out beteen the teams. The instigators…Davidson. These guys are classless and had an obscenely obnoxious student section(their recently ousted basketball team) who cheer for the stupidest of events. They also had several fans badmouthing the refs for no reason at all. Classless.

[/QUOTE]

That doesn’t surprise me one bit. God I hate Davidson so much. I was pulling for Maryland like crazy to blow them out of the friggin gym. Their fans are some of the most classless I have ever seen. I guess it comes from being a bunch of rich kids who have had everything handed to them their wholes lives and have never had to develop solid character. People who say “how can you possibly hate little ol’ Davidson?” simply havent experienced what the typical Davidson student/fan is really like.

I know, Niners fans arent perfect, but Im going on a % of classless fans to good ones ratio. They are horrible.

[QUOTE=CharlotteLacrosse16;225111]

Davidson plays dirty. Really dirty. nutshhots were the name of the game all night for them, and took them several times on Ganzert. After the game ended, words were exchanged and a brawl nearly broke out . . . [/QUOTE]

Lacrosse??? It sounds like WWF material.:smile:

I’m glad the 49ers Lacrosse team gave a reason for the [B][I]S T D[/I][/B]avidson to run home and cry to their moms about. Most of the geese are kind of safe since it’s still a little cold. :tongue: