Lacrosse?

I like lacrosse. I went to games at my first college…they played dII, I believe. Lax is fun to watch. I might come to 1 or 2 games a year…about the same amount of baseball games I go to now…

oh okay i get it - sorry about the title IX confusion - i have never actually read it - i just know what i’ve understood from others - but i see your point now - the thing is everyone was always talking about adding sports, so I figured thats what was required.

On to the real question - I would support a lacrosse team - Its a fun game to watch. In highschool one of my coaches actually told me that he thought it would be the next biggest thing on a highschool level to football in a few years - it just hasnt caught on yet - but if that happened I’m sure it would reflect onto the college level

If/when we get a football team…

Look out for womens field hockey and Equestrian.

The Equestrian club team is a new sport here at UNCC but already a very successful one. They have a coach who won the national championship 3 years ago. When I say National Championship, I mean the real deal, not the “club” nat. championship. They are a club team but they compete in meets against other schools’ REAL team (by real I mean Varsity); schools including:

Duke, UNC, ECU, Virginia Tech, Virginia Intermont, Wake Forest, Saint Andrews, NC State and others…

And they BEAT Them all.

Currenty the season just finished and UNCC finished 3rd, 4 points behind St. Andrews (an Equestrian School) and behind defending National Champions Virginia Intermont, in argueably the toughest region in the United States.

So, just to let you guys know… here are the probable title IX teams once we get football.

If/when we get a football team....

The Equestrian club team is a new sport here at UNCC but already a very successful one. They have a coach who won the national championship 3 years ago. When I say National Championship, I mean the real deal, not the “club” nat. championship. They are a club team but they compete in meets against other schools’ REAL team (by real I mean Varsity); schools including:

Duke, UNC, ECU, Virginia Tech, Virginia Intermont, Wake Forest, Saint Andrews, NC State and others…

And they BEAT Them all.

Currenty the season just finished and UNCC finished 3rd, 4 points behind St. Andrews (an Equestrian School) and behind defending National Champions Virginia Intermont, in argueably the toughest region in the United States.

So, just to let you guys know… here are the probable title IX teams once we get football.

In addition to everything uncommon pointed out, I’d like to add that the equestrian team has expressed support to the football cause as per Jimmyhat’s “If you want football, READ THIS” thread.

If/when we get a football team....

And they BEAT Them all.

…so what’dya know - some acc schools actually do man up and play us in something occasionally… or women up… or whatever…

field hockey though? wouldnt that require a turf field?

..so what'dya know - some acc schools actually do man up and play us in something occasionally... or women up... or whatever...

field hockey though? wouldnt that require a turf field?

No…I believe the field is smaller than a soccer field…grass works in the games I’ve seen. Field hockey is fun to watch. It’s like polo without the horses but cooler…

If you want Lacrosse, it’ll have to be the women’s version. We can’t add men’s lacrosse & football per Title 9.

Yes, field turf would be required. They have a required switchover date but I don’t remember what it is.
Wake Forest has played on it for several years and they’re a great field hockey school (7 consecutive national semi-final appearances, 3 NCAA championships: 2002, 2003, 2004).

Field turf is long lasting too, high cost to install but little to no upkeep for 7-10 years.

I’ll donate if they invite me to the Lax Stripper Parties! LOL.

I was thinking Title IX problems. Seems to me that a Lacrosse team wouldn't be too expensive. How many scholarships does a Lacrosse program offer?

I finally found the answer to that question: 12.69 for a division 1 team

2 Likes