Lambert names a DC

@Charlotte4​9ers name former Okla State DC Glenn Spencer as defensive coordinator​. Also, special teams coordinator Charlie Skalaski has been named receivers coach.

http://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/college/article199932324.html?__twitter_impression=true

28-7 as a head coach at W. Georgia…not bad…probably lucky to get him all things considered

His wife is a sports reporter…good read on them below. I am hopeful that he and his family will find MUCH success and happiness at Charlotte.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2325877

His wife is Jeannine Edwards, former sideline reporter for ESPN. She retired after the 2017 Cotton Bowl.

Our OC and DC have more head coaching experience than our HC.

Wow

The guy preaches turnovers. OK state fans loved him. As we have all seen, it’s hard to play defense when your O is running that fast paced gimmick crap.

Could be a really big hire. I personally believe it’s hard to create turnovers consistently, but if he can do it here… lookout. It’s a low risk/high reward hire. If he gets it done, it’s gonna be awesome. If he doesn’t, were in the same boat we’ve been in.

I really believe we are a QB away from being solid. That’s a critical step though.

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:7, topic:32344”]The guy preaches turnovers. OK state fans loved him. As we have all seen, it’s hard to play defense when your O is running that fast paced gimmick crap.

Could be a really big hire. I personally believe it’s hard to create turnovers consistently, but if he can do it here… lookout. It’s a low risk/high reward hire. If he gets it done, it’s gonna be awesome. If he doesn’t, were in the same boat we’ve been in.

I really believe we are a QB away from being solid. That’s a critical step though.[/quote]

Again. We have no bodies. It’s just like basketball. Just because you see kid wearing a uniform doesn’t mean hes physically capable of handling his business. When 75% of your entire roster is not offered by anyone else or just FCS teams, no amount of coaching gets you over the hump to beat other peer FBS teams

That said, seems like nice hire

Wonder if he is a CEO type and wants to be HC?

Welcome to the team

clt asks if this contract is for 10 months? Do they plan to rent or buy?

Iterally hundreds of OSU media interviews of him on YouTube. He’s not going to know how to react here to no press in his face.

[quote=“metro, post:11, topic:32344”]Iterally hundreds of OSU media interviews of him on YouTube. He’s not going to know how to react here to no press in his face.[/quote]He was the HC at West Georgia back in the day. I believe he’ll get it.

He will enjoy it I suspect as most coaches could care less to talk to the media for the most part.

as Winsel said…I agree low key will be nice break from hot seat of OSU media.

What is the likelihood he is our next interim HC?

I was very scared that Lambert was gong to take over the DC duties, I think under the circumstances we have done pretty well with the coordinator hires. I wasn’t thrilled when Spencer’s name was first floated but it is hard to gauge his ability because of the offense that OSU runs. I actually think the D has the potential to be ok (not great), I was surprised at our line play and adding Barkley will help.

We’ll see but at least there’s hope with Spencer on that side of the ball as opposed to Lambert.

Why did we hire a DC from an O League? Good Lord, we’re going to give up 90 points a game. >:D :’(

insanely high.

Both coordinators have better resume’s than Lambert. Just weak cover letters.

Lambert names a Co-DC:

Because you gotta check 'em all!