Lambert radio interview...

Interesting quote on when to expand the stadiumā€¦ Looks like sooner than later is possible.

http://cbsloc.al/17mFZUK

[quote=ā€œchasmo101, post:1, topic:28035ā€]Interesting quote on when to expand the stadiumā€¦ Looks like sooner than later is possible.

http://cbsloc.al/17mFZUK [/quote]Iā€™m almost certain that they are already ā€œsellingā€ expansion to recruits. Iā€™d imagine they are working on logistics already with a timeframe in mind.

[quote=ā€œ2k, post:2, topic:28035ā€][quote=ā€œchasmo101, post:1, topic:28035ā€]Interesting quote on when to expand the stadiumā€¦ Looks like sooner than later is possible.

http://cbsloc.al/17mFZUK [/quote]Iā€™m almost certain that they are already ā€œsellingā€ expansion to recruits. Iā€™d imagine they are working on logistics already with a timeframe in mind.[/quote]

$60M for football expansion is still on the 2014 budget requests.

can anyone tell me what time he actually speaks about expansion? I listened to this yesterday while I was working and sorta zoned out and missed it.

Somebody might want to post the interview over on the CUSA board. Our stadium expansion seems to be a FAQ over there.

That was a really enjoyable interview. I am so excited for us to finally take the field.

Lambert really has been an amazing ambassador.

[quote=ā€œNiner National, post:4, topic:28035ā€]can anyone tell me what time he actually speaks about expansion? I listened to this yesterday while I was working and sorta zoned out and missed it.[/quote] At the very end. Next year or 2015. I thought we already knew that butā€¦

Iā€™m excited about this startup year, but more excited about the future when we have a complete team and a completed stadium.
Hell, Hibberts might even start selling our gear. ;D

[quote=ā€œ4ever niner, post:7, topic:28035ā€][quote=ā€œNiner National, post:4, topic:28035ā€]can anyone tell me what time he actually speaks about expansion? I listened to this yesterday while I was working and sorta zoned out and missed it.[/quote] At the very end. Next year or 2015. I thought we already knew that butā€¦

Iā€™m excited about this startup year, but more excited about the future when we have a complete team and a completed stadium.
Hell, Hibberts might even start selling our gear. ;D[/quote]

No way! BTW, the Hibberts in Monroe is just as bad.

Stadium expansion is my biggest overall concern for this program. If something happens to nuke our expansion plans the air is going to come out of our bubble very quickly.

He definitely made it sound like expansion will happen either after this year or the next year. I would be happy with either.

Yeah either is fine. Iā€™m not too worried about the timing. I just want to hear that the funding is approved and it is going forward. One the funding is approved we are good to go.

I listened to the interview. He seemed to throw expansion out there like there was no doubt in his mind. Thatā€™s good.

I thought it interesting that he said he was really pleased with the two lines. For him to come out and say that, they must be a lot better than he though he would have at this stage. You know how coaches like to poor mouth all the time.

He name checked Hunter at WR and Hogan at LB so I guess that is who he is looking out for as the leaders in those areas. Makes sense considering their experience.

[quote=ā€œGassman, post:13, topic:28035ā€]I listened to the interview. He seemed to throw expansion out there like there was no doubt in his mind. Thatā€™s good.

I thought it interesting that he said he was really pleased with the two lines. For him to come out and say that, they must be a lot better than he though he would have at this stage. You know how coaches like to poor mouth all the time.

He name checked Hunter at WR and Hogan at LB so I guess that is who he is looking out for as the leaders in those areas. Makes sense considering their experience.[/quote]

What am I missing? I have listened to the interview twice and have not heard any mention of the stadium at all. ???

[quote=ā€œ919R, post:14, topic:28035ā€][quote=ā€œGassman, post:13, topic:28035ā€]I listened to the interview. He seemed to throw expansion out there like there was no doubt in his mind. Thatā€™s good.

He name checked Hunter at WR and Hogan at LB so I guess that is who he is looking out for as the leaders in those areas. Makes sense considering their experience.[/quote]

What am I missing? I have listened to the interview twice and have not heard any mention of the stadium at all. ???[/quote]Judy and Phil are talking expansion, didnā€™t give much more than that.

[quote=ā€œGassman, post:13, topic:28035ā€]I listened to the interview. He seemed to throw expansion out there like there was no doubt in his mind. Thatā€™s good.

C-USA requires at least a 30,000 seat stadium right?

[quote=ā€œSteauA, post:16, topic:28035ā€][quote=ā€œGassman, post:13, topic:28035ā€]I listened to the interview. He seemed to throw expansion out there like there was no doubt in his mind. Thatā€™s good.

C-USA requires at least a 30,000 seat stadium right?[/quote]

Must be, because Tulsaā€™s stadium became the smallest in CUSA when it was reduced to 30,000.

[quote=ā€œ919R, post:14, topic:28035ā€][quote=ā€œGassman, post:13, topic:28035ā€]I listened to the interview. He seemed to throw expansion out there like there was no doubt in his mind. Thatā€™s good.

What am I missing? I have listened to the interview twice and have not heard any mention of the stadium at all. ???[/quote]

[font=Verdana][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]The Chancellor and Judy - theyā€™ll have to make a decision on the stadium. Do we expand it next year? Do we wait another year?[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]

[quote=ā€œSteauA, post:16, topic:28035ā€][quote=ā€œGassman, post:13, topic:28035ā€]I listened to the interview. He seemed to throw expansion out there like there was no doubt in his mind. Thatā€™s good.

C-USA requires at least a 30,000 seat stadium right?[/quote][font=comic sans ms][size=medium]No, only D1 criteria mandates 15k per game average.[/size][/font]

[quote=ā€œ2k, post:19, topic:28035ā€][quote=ā€œSteauA, post:16, topic:28035ā€][quote=ā€œGassman, post:13, topic:28035ā€]I listened to the interview. He seemed to throw expansion out there like there was no doubt in his mind. Thatā€™s good.

C-USA requires at least a 30,000 seat stadium right?[/quote][font=comic sans ms][size=medium]No, only D1 criteria mandates 15k per game average.[/size][/font][/quote]

Yes, only FBS schools have a minimum, butā€¦ Iā€™m pretty sure one of our requirements stipulated by CUSA is that we expand our stadium within a specified timeline. I think the requirement was 25,000 but I could be wrong.

For comparison purposes, here are some stadium capacities not too far away:

Wallace Wade Stadiumā€™s (Duke) capacity is almost 34,000 (used to be more at one time).
Groves Stadium/BB&T Fieldā€™s (Wake) capacity is roughly 31,000, excluding the bank which can seat an additional 7 or 8 thousand.
Kid Brewer Stadium (UNC-T) has been expanded 4 or 5 times and the official capacity is still only about 24,000.
Iā€™m pretty sure Bowman Gray Stadium (D2 WSSU) seats about 16,000, or at least it used to.