Larry Ogunjobi

I would like to see Larry as a Panther or as a Steeler. The Steelers need to get younger on the D Line and they have money to spend on Larry.

2 Likes

Congrats Larry!

First 49er to go to a Super Bowl.

(I mistakenly thought Nate Davis went with the Titans a couple years ago… I believe they actually lost in the AFC championship game)

2 Likes

I absolutely hate Larry won’t be able to play in the Super Bowl. But if sincy wins he’ll get a ring.

3 Likes

simon cowell facepalm GIF

The official account can’t even get Larry’s Twitter handle right.

If he wins, he earned a ring, just to add to…:

2 Likes

Larry’s team will be playing our QB statue

1 Like

Re: ?…. The football statue at the Rich is of a Staford pic.

4everniner says the NY Post is the mean girl of newspapers.

1 Like

Thanks. Did not know that.

Charlotte Observer: Former Charlotte 49er Ogunjobi should be starting in Sunday’s Super Bowl. But he’s not.
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article258006143.html

3 Likes

Like all NFL teams, the Panthers are looking for defensive line help, and Ogunjobi is only 27. What if he returned to his old college city as a pro?

Ogunjobi laughed.

“I’m not even thinking about that right now,” he said. “I’ve loved my year with the Bengals, and we need to win this Super Bowl first. But I will say this: No matter where I’m playing next season, I’m going to attack my rehab. And I’ll be back and better than ever.”

5 Likes
4 Likes

So proud of him. Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy and such a great representative of our program.

7 Likes

Maybe this was his decision, but I actually expected a longer deal and more money to be honest.

Regardless, this is great for him.

You have to think his injury late in the season played a part in the contract totals. I would think he will miss part of offseason and maybe some of the regular season.

clt says Mike Hill needs to be in contact yesterday.

$40.5M over 3 seasons is not chump change. It’s a deal that’s nearly comparable to what Hassan Reddick just got, isn’t it?

Either way, I don’t think Larry will be eating Ramen anytime soon unless he just wants to. The bills are gonna get paid.

1 Like
1 Like