Latest Spirit Meeting

This whole idea is retarded.

I wonder if this is how Duke came up with their student name. :rolleyes:

BTW, ā€œCameron Criziesā€ is pretty gay and worn out too.

[i]Originally posted by dax[/i]@Apr 7 2005, 04:33 AM [b][img]http://www.party49ers.com/photos/fullsize/153666.jpg[/img]

i just wish this would still be a candidateā€¦i mean it was an old school but it was catchy and it sounds and it clearly describes how we can be so i like it a lot[/b]

I like the name Mean Green too and always loved the fearsome miner in that poster, although the likes of Grom, Plondke, West, and Ball never instilled fear in our opponents when that poster was in vogue.

Unfortunately, the name Mean Green is already the official name of a second rate school in Texas.

clt decides the charlotte 49ers student section should be called: Charlotteā€™s Web

or how about ā€œcharlotte hornetsā€?

the best is ā€œcltā€™s mideonsā€

[i]Originally posted by jp49er[/i]@Apr 7 2005, 08:49 AM [b]Cmack...I applaud you for caring about the school spirit, that's not the issue... The issue is why do they have to have a vote when a consensus already feel that "Niner Nation" is best. Hopefully the students that do have a voice will fee the same way as us old timers...[/b]
The people running this process think that every student should at least have the chance to have an input. If a group of students got together and picked a name and forced it on the rest of the school, what kind of weight does that hold? Who's stopping the Geography Club from getting together and picking their own name and attempting to force it on the school? Give everybody the option to take part in the process and no one has room to complain at the end.
[b]This whole idea is retarded. [/b]
We appriciate you coming to the previous spirit meetings and sharing your ideas to get more people excited about athletic events. You always seem to know what is wrong with everything/everyone and feel the need to point it out at every given opportunity, feel free to enlighten us all on something not quite as "retarded." And no, firing Lutz and Judy Rose isn't going to help.
[b]clt decides the charlotte 49ers student section should be called: Charlotte's Web[/b]

Best suggestion Iā€™ve heard yet. :thumbsup:

Maybe we could name the student section ā€œPlease Deleteā€ :lol:

[i]Originally posted by jp49er[/i]@Apr 7 2005, 08:55 AM [b] This is a prime example of why we need to be just University of Charlotte or Charlotte University so I can have a house flag without reference to UNC in the name...

UNC Charlotte Home Flag [/b]

I got one that just says ā€œCharlotteā€. :slight_smile:

[i]Originally posted by CharlottesWeb[/i]@Apr 7 2005, 09:51 AM [b]
[b]clt decides the charlotte 49ers student section should be called: Charlotte's Web[/b]

Best suggestion Iā€™ve heard yet. :thumbsup: [/b]

And letā€™s change our name from NINERS to spiders. WOW GOLLY GEE!!!
Sheesh!!! GO NINER NATION!!

I think the Pig would have a problem with Charlotteā€™s Web.

[b]

clt decides the charlotte 49ers student section should be called: Charlotteā€™s Web

[b]Best suggestion I've heard yet. [/b]

And letā€™s change our name from NINERS to spiders. WOW GOLLY GEE!!!
Sheesh!!! GO NINER NATION!! [/b]

I was only joking. But, Spiders would have been a heck of a lot better name for a Charlotte NBA team than the Bobcats.

[i]Originally posted by CMack124[/i]@Apr 7 2005, 07:44 AM [b] Are you people serious? A group of students attempt to come together to do something positive for the school and school spirit and you come here to analyze and pick apart every name? I wish I was bored enough to go back and find how many times people here have complained about fan support and then looked to see how pretty much everybody here who complains has done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to attempt to help the cause.

If you donā€™t like the idea, the choices or the process, fine, sorry but there isnā€™t a system that will make everybody happy. If a name isnā€™t chosen people will still complain about the shirts in the student section and how everybody should be in a Niner Nation shirt. A name is going to be chosen and people are complaining it isnā€™t needed. When did I miss where our school spirit skyrocketed through the roof and we donā€™t need to worry about attendance or people wearing green to games?

Whether or not the name will be helpful towards school spirit remains to be seen, but it is SOMETHING which is a whole lot more than most people here are doing. You all complain about itā€™s unoriginality, why donā€™t you try something original and NOT complain for a change. Maybe my computer is too old or something, but the ā€œAdd Replyā€ button doesnā€™t click itself whenever I read a message here. [/b]

There should be an option on the ballot for remaining without a name, or it doesnā€™t truly reflect the will of the student body. I should have a chance to pick the remain without a name box. Yes, we need a Student Body president, Theres no need for a box to pick ā€œno presidentā€, but we donā€™t need a cameron crazy wannabee name, which is what this is. there for there should be a ā€œno establishment of a dumb nameā€ box.

[i]Originally posted by lutz9er[/i]@Apr 7 2005, 04:34 PM [b]There should be an option on the ballot for remaining without a name, or it doesn't truly reflect the will of the student body. I should have a chance to pick the remain without a name box. Yes, we need a Student Body president, Theres no need for a box to pick "no president", but we don't need a cameron crazy wannabee name, which is what this is. there for there should be a "no establishment of a dumb name" box.[/b]
Again, like everybody else complaining here, thank you for coming to the first spirit meetings and sharing this viewpoint then when it was still up in the air whether or not to try to get a name. Every student at the university has had the opportunity to be a part of this process, 99.9999% of the students chose not to.

And maybe Iā€™m missing something, but how is creating a name which can be easily marketed and can possibly be used to get everybody in the lower level wearing green a bad thing? You can argue that it wonā€™t be successful, who knows, it might never go anywhere at all. But how can you say itā€™s a BAD thing? Thereā€™s a difference between not working as well as planned(or at all) and being a step backwards. You act like a name will set 49er basketball back 40 years.

[b]There should be an option on the ballot for remaining without a name[/b]
[b]Every student at the university has had the opportunity to be a part of this process, 99.9999% of the students chose not to.[/b]

I think you win, lutz9er.

Gotta agree with CMack on this. If you felt strongly you shouldā€™ve been at one of the three spirit meetings. Personally they put them at a time I couldnā€™t be at, however I was at the meeting where we got this ball rolling. I feel that a student name would create unity and I still stand behind that. If we can get the frats/sororities shirts to be replaced by something that says Niner Nation, Iā€™m all for that. However the new shirts need to be original, no knock offs.

I am for anything that gets our apathetic student body involved. Good job for the effort if nothing else.