Lavin on College Gamenight...

[i]Originally posted by NinerFan[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 09:21 AM [b] I think our AD has been a lot of the problem for Lutz -> The blunder on conference affiliation being the biggest yet. I would love to see Mullins come in as AD. [/b]
What blunder is that? Please tell me honestly where we could have landed that where would be better than the A10.

Big East? Yea, Iā€™d love that too but we did not have a realistic shot with them. They picked up Marquette and Depaul because Notre Dame wanted them to. They picked up South Florida because they did not want to give up the state of Florida.

Who else is there that would pick up a basketball only school? Maybe we could have snuck into the SoCon or something but you canā€™t believe thatā€™s better than the A10. We were fortunate the A10 extended an invite, if they didnā€™t where would we (and St. Louis) go? Even if we did stay in C-USA (and they didnā€™t want us), this conference is going to be a bottom feeder in basketball.

[i]Originally posted by louisiana_niner[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 10:25 AM [b] In the 90s we were ranked for a few weeks and every game had mucho fan support. I think if we got on the national radar we would become more popular at home. It's sad that it will take that, but it will. I remember being ranked 17th or something like that and plyaing Tulane at the Coliseum. We had over 13,000 in attendance that day. [/b]
Tulane was ranked #14 when that game was played which was a plus and it was played on a Thursday evening, still achieving a large crowd.

I might also add that it was the second largest home game in history for the 49ers.

forD,

If what you say is true, then our AD did a lousy job of making our case to the BE.

Bring Mullins out of retirement.

i donā€™t see how you can complain about the CASUAL fan not showing up when something as simple as beating ecu or rutgers would almost pack the house. Top 25 makes a big difference and i will stay with that until proven wrong. Our team always loses when they are about to break the top 25. Rutgers, Bama, Ecu. Ecu will not even make the conference tourny, now that is an embarrassing loss. We need to show support vs depaul. But some blame must be placed on the team and coaches for not winning the easy ones.

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 09:57 AM [b] My roommate who is a die hard Duke fan cut our game last night. He went on to admit that despite the fact that he goes to school here at Charlotte, if Charlotte ever played Duke he would pull for Duke. [/b]
There are a few good Forbush alumni in the front two rows. Three of them last night. Shame the rest of them aren't as cool.
[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 09:52 AM [b] Anyway, I used to care about the rivalry when I was in HS and everyone was either a UNC fan or a Duke fan (I am a rehabilitated former UNC fan, by the way). But now, I just don't understand it. [/b]
I think rehabilition is achieved when you would pull for the Niners over former team without it being a dilema on your conscience no matter how we beat them or how many teabgas they incurr.

I am rehabilitated. I still care about NC State, but would love to see a Basden testicle in a Hodge eye and a 30 pt. niner win. (Nevermind, it already happened) :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait+Feb 10 2005, 05:09 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Powerbait @ Feb 10 2005, 05:09 PM)

The only team I donā€™t want to lose to the 49ers is the Miami Dolphins.

Charlotte/ State recap

[i]Originally posted by switchfoot+Feb 10 2005, 04:56 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (switchfoot @ Feb 10 2005, 04:56 PM)
Originally posted by Powerbait@Feb 10 2005, 05:09 PM [b]

Check your pm PB