LEBRON TO CHARLOTTE

Join:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=109094249134662

Lol. Near 0 chance due to our payroll next season. Not to mention our best player plays his position, so itd have to be a sign and trade and we’d have to let TY and Raymond walk to have cap room. And lebron wouldn’t come BC bobcats have no young future.

lol duuuh…and he would never come to Charlotte.

but we can dream!

I like your attitude.

Okay I’ll outline the theoretical reasons why he would come to Charlotte:

1. Hall of Fame Coach
  2. Greatest player ever as the owner
  3. Veteran team with a chance to win now

Obviously we wouldn’t be able to sign him straight up in FA, so the only way would be a sign & trade with the Cavs if Lebron agreed to it, meaning he’d have to tell Cleveland he didn’t want to sign there, but in turn agree to a sign & trade. I’m sure we’d have to part ways with Wallace and several others though. Only reason this would ever happen would be because of Jordan. When 23 is involved, you never know what could happen. If Lebron ever came to Charlotte, the Bobcats would instantly be a profitable team. That’s the power of 1 player in basketball.

In the end, .00001% chance this would ever happen.

Someone should start a Peyton Manning to Carolina thread.

1. Hall of Fame Coach

Obviously we wouldn’t be able to sign him straight up in FA, so the only way would be a sign & trade with the Cavs if Lebron agreed to it, meaning he’d have to tell Cleveland he didn’t want to sign there, but in turn agree to a sign & trade. I’m sure we’d have to part ways with Wallace and several others though. Only reason this would ever happen would be because of Jordan. When 23 is involved, you never know what could happen. If Lebron ever came to Charlotte, the Bobcats would instantly be a profitable team. That’s the power of 1 player in basketball.

In the end, .00001% chance this would ever happen.[/quote] Yea, MJ is a GREAT executive. Just ask the Wizards!

1. Hall of Fame Coach

In the end, .00001% chance this would ever happen.[/quote] Yea, MJ is a GREAT executive. Just ask the Wizards![/quote]

If I recall correctly MJ wanted to take Rudy Gay instead of Morrison, but he was new on the job, and the general consent in the organization was to take Morrison.

I also recall MJ pulling off steallar deals since he’s been in Charlotte, Stephen Jackson for Raja Bell, Jason Richardson & Dudley for Bell and Diaw. He’s not the greatest executive, but he is the owner. Jordan writes the checks now, and he has the same competitive spirit owning the team as he did playing. Lebron isn’t coming to Charlotte, but I wouldn’t be surprised if during the next few years, he doesn’t bring in a huge name or two, when we actually have cap space.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ… :blank:

[quote=“Ninerballin, post:8, topic:23480”]If I recall correctly MJ wanted to take Rudy Gay instead of Morrison, but he was new on the job, and the general consent in the organization was to take Morrison.

I also recall MJ pulling off steallar deals since he’s been in Charlotte, Stephen Jackson for Raja Bell, Jason Richardson & Dudley for Bell and Diaw. He’s not the greatest executive, but he is the owner. Jordan writes the checks now, and he has the same competitive spirit owning the team as he did playing. Lebron isn’t coming to Charlotte, but I wouldn’t be surprised if during the next few years, he doesn’t bring in a huge name or two, when we actually have cap space.[/quote]

Do you have some kind of inside scoop or are you just expressing your opinion while pretending to know more than you really do?

I’m of the opinion that any trades that helped the Bobcats were the result of Brown’s input. Time will tell how MJ does as an owner. I’m not optimistic. He might not be as cheap as the ownership has been in past, but spending money does not guarantee a good team and great athletes most often turn out to be lousy managers. Playing and managing are two vastly different skill sets. Jordan has yet to succeed as a businessman, to my knowledge. Maybe he’ll fool me.

Ever seen Jordan shoes or clothes?

Ever seen Jordan shoes or clothes?[/quote]

what are you talking about - they suck. The Shaq shoes you could get at wal-mart, now thats whats up.

[quote=“Chipper, post:10, topic:23480”][quote=“Ninerballin, post:8, topic:23480”]If I recall correctly MJ wanted to take Rudy Gay instead of Morrison, but he was new on the job, and the general consent in the organization was to take Morrison.

I also recall MJ pulling off steallar deals since he’s been in Charlotte, Stephen Jackson for Raja Bell, Jason Richardson & Dudley for Bell and Diaw. He’s not the greatest executive, but he is the owner. Jordan writes the checks now, and he has the same competitive spirit owning the team as he did playing. Lebron isn’t coming to Charlotte, but I wouldn’t be surprised if during the next few years, he doesn’t bring in a huge name or two, when we actually have cap space.[/quote]

Do you have some kind of inside scoop or are you just expressing your opinion while pretending to know more than you really do?[/quote]

About what? The Rudy Gay, Adam Morrison deal? That’s well known fact.

If you would actually read my post, I just outlined why Lebron would come to Charlotte. Then I proceeded to say there’s .000001 % chance he would come here. It would have to be a sign & trade and we’d need to probably give up Gerald Wallace & Boris Diaw or Gerald & Jack + 2 future 1st rounders for Lebron and a guy like Anthony Parker.

Like I said, it’s all hypothetical speaking, but no I’m not making the things up about Jordan being able to bring some big time players in in the next few years, since Stephen Jackson echoed the same sentiments in an article this past year.

Yea, MJ was able to buy the majority share of an NBA franchise from the roughly $100 million he made from the Bulls.

Yea, MJ was able to buy the majority share of an NBA franchise from the roughly $100 million he made from the Bulls.

[/quote] Ahem That has zero to do with his ability to run a business. You saying making a blue zillion dollars playing in the NBA qualifies a person as an expert in anything except playing basketball? Gives you the capital, not the expertise.

[/quote] Ahem That has zero to do with his ability to run a business. You saying making a blue zillion dollars playing in the NBA qualifies a person as an expert in anything except playing basketball? Gives you the capital, not the expertise.[/quote]

IMO, MJs failure in Washington was due to him being too close to the game still. Now after some time away from the court as a player and in the world of an executive, he seems to be handling things better.

MJs money is not all from his NBA or endorsement contracts. He has made good business decisions to get the money necessary to buy an NBA franchise.

Ahem That has zero to do with his ability to run a business. You saying making a blue zillion dollars playing in the NBA qualifies a person as an expert in anything except playing basketball? Gives you the capital, not the expertise.[/quote]

great point 4everniner. if we used ninerballin’s logic we should have hired cedric maxwell to be our basketball head coach because he was our best player. athletic ability does not translate into coaching ability or business management ability.