Legacy of Judy Rose

Nobody has to address this thread, and nobody should tell me “Dont bring up this topic again”, who are you to tell anyone on an open forum that, you dont have to be in this thread, if you dont like it you move on, this is immaturity at the highest level, you want to censor someone because they are discussing something that you dont want to hear, but instead of just scrolling past the thread, you try to shut down their discussion

1 Like

I appreciate the OP and for the questions, and at the same time I can appreciate the perspectives of the folx who just want to move on. I didn’t become affiliated with the university until 2008, and during my time until I graduated in 2012, I suppose I was exposed to the “action” phase of building football. So to me, it felt like Judy and the university were on the same page.

Yet, I always sensed that something or some things were just not quite right. Like, I was blown away by the natural passion of the students and even our faculty (would often see my professors at the basketball games and would even walk over together from the building to Halton), and I was always appreciative to meet fans and alums from the community. But for whatever reason, I just felt like we could be more, much more. I didn’t have the history that lots of folx have here. So I guess this explains it.

In another thread I asked how folx are feeling about the AD and the sports teams now, and the clear answer is that folx are much happier and feel much more trust and confidence in the school and AD as a whole. This is awesome and makes me proud to be a niner and excited to look forward the future!

So I guess, for me, good thread. But yeah, I can imagine the animosity and the simple feelings of being “over it” from the rest of the folx. Thanks for the perspectives.

1 Like

I don’t have hostility. I’ll talk about how much damage I think she did. The issue is only that many of us know where this thread goes and it’s a very negative place at a time where many of us want to be positive about where we are headed. For most of us we have gone down on record numerous times with our thoughts on Judy so the thread just seemed unnecessary. There are some on here who are friends of hers and I am sure they don’t want to see the discussion restarted again. I just hate to rehash the past at a time when we need to be focused on what we all need to do to make the future a success.

For what it’s worth, this isn’t the only thread gone to hell. They are pretty much all there at times these days.

1 Like

The only thing I disagree with NWA on is Melvin didn’t get ran off imho. He got offered about 4 times what we could pay. But he’s pretty spot on with the rest

We can’t change the past - its wasted energy to dwell on it. Today and tomorrow are what matter. I refuse to further discuss JR.

2 Likes

I totally agree. I was just humoring the poster that started the thread.

Really. Just really! Talk about a dead horse!!!

The people not wanting the threads are the ones bumping it

1 Like

clt thanks Judy for leaving that bank account full of cash for us

1 Like