Legacy of Judy Rose

How do you feel about Judy Rose, her legacy, and her footprint on Charlotte 49ers athletics, I have talked with a few older grads that are extremely appreciative towards her accomplishments as an AD, I was very critical of her personally, I thought that she lacked vision in terms of our potential, mainly not being aggressive about getting football, now maybe that was out of her hands and more of a problem with the chancellors, but also I thought that our program could not excel any further under her guidance, now some of the older grads that I talk with respect what she had accomplished over the years in terms of facilities and conference affiliation

Just stop :stop_sign:

4 Likes

Yep. What he said.

This is a thread we don’t need.

4 Likes

Sorry, I didnt know that there was censorship and thought control on this platform, maybe someone should tell me what an acceptable topic should be

Anything…and everything that is not Judy

1 Like

She did some good things here

1 Like

Her lackluster pursuit of adding football will overshadow any good she did here.

No one is censoring you. It’s just that most of us are f’ing tired of beating this dead dog that’s been dead for some time now. However if you get a sadistic thrill out of beating dead dogs or horses, knock yourself out. Most of us are over that part of our past and have moved on. If you can’t, I suggest you seek therapy.

5 Likes

This…this …this

You want to talk Judy stop by the Normbulance tailgate and I’ll talk plenty. I’m just over and done with it on here.

Wait, you get this TRIGGERED over someones suggestion of a thread topic, and I am the one who needs therapy, I work with an older graduate of UNCC, and he and I have discussions on Judy Rose and her legacy, and he is more appreciative of her legacy than I was, so I wanted to get opinions from others regarding this, and you tell me I need therapy, if you get this triggered by someones pick of thread topic I would suggest you seeking therapy, a normal response to a thread topic that you are not interested in would be to skip over it and read topics that you ARE interested in

TRIGGERED… … Interesting… …

I have a better idea. Let’s talk about Covid, politics, vacanations and see how that progresses the board and people’s inputs. Yes if you have not been keeping score Judy is close to that level for a lot of us. We just got invited to the AAC under Mike Hill. Lots about the future to talk about but do what you got to do.

1 Like

Tired thread. Judy did more for this program than anyone that posted on this thread.

Listen, I set up an account a few years back, and never ventured into the forums until a few weeks ago, so I am a new user in terms of the forums, I have no idea what you guys talked about previously, so enough of the negative feedback about my choice of a thread topic, if you dont like the topic move on to a new one, I am new to the forums, I am guessing that you guys have talked in great detail about this subject and that is fine, but I have not, and if you dont want to just move on to a different thread topic, it is that easy, you dont have to participate in this thread, and you certainly dont need to make snide comments

Oh we can participate. Let’s put it this way when she got fired and it was a forced resignation, the party was here.

If you want us to participate we can but it won’t be pretty.

I’ll start ya off. Here is her legacy. Woodward told her if she wanted football she could start a program. She declined. That decision set us back decades, got us kicked out of CUSA 1.0 and resulted in us being behind the curve of where we should be.

If not for a group of alums we still wouldn’t have football here. She had zero vision and willingness to start football. She was pushed into by alums and students. When given an opportunity to comment about the football push in 2008 rather than say no comment she took the chance to try to kneecap the alums fighting for it by talking about fantasy dollars. Does that sound like someone who in her words “fought for 20 years to get football”. Yeah right. She hid behind a money excuse until CFI removed that excuse from her.

She had a handful of whales that footed some projects but she failed to grow the 49er club at a rate anywhere close to our growth as a university.

She extended Bobby then fired him the next season with a fully guaranteed contract. The firing had more to do with the fact she and Bobby hated each other than anything to do with performance. She then hired a down the bench assistant who was a disaster. Extended him then fired him to hire an unproven coach in the college ranks and then fired him after extending the football coach who she did not fire after a 1 win season. The firing to Mark Price in season was a last ditch effort to save her own job.

She tried to not hire Melvin and had to basically be forced into the hire by Jeff and then she ran Melvin off.

I can keep going if yo want but that gives you an idea of what I and many here feel about her legacy. Almost every bit of success under her were with things that Jeff Mullins planted. The further we got from his leadership the worse things got.

It remains to be seen if Ron or Will are going to be the answer, but both have already out performed Judy’s hires and Mike has successfully replaced nearly all her coaches.

He has already out fund raised her, embraces the city and understands the use of social media and technology. Judy was a women’s basketball coach that became an AD only because Jeff Mullins had to choose between AD and men’s basketball coach and he chose coaching. Trust me I wonder often what things would look like if he had taken the AD role and promoted Melvin up.

You want to keep talking about her legacy? I have more if so.

3 Likes

Like I said you gotta do what you gotta do but your posts don’t make it seem like you are cut out for the answers but anyways…

the dark knight joker GIF by hero0fwar

So why do you seem to have so much hostility towards other people interested in the topic? If you read my initial reasoning for creating the thread, it was because I disagreed with a coworker and fellow graduate over her legacy, he thought that she had a positive legacy and I was underwhelmed by her accomplishments, so I agree with your views on her legacy, so why the hostility?

Really? SHUT IT DOWN. Judy loved this university and did a lot of great things, but unfortunately she was the wrong person for the job of AD and the results were sub-optimal. Don’t bring this topic up again. Go through and read the history. Judy is a great human being and doesn’t need to be drug through the mud again just because she got promoted too far. SOMEBODY PLEASE LOCK THIS DAMN THREAD.

1 Like

This has been talked to death on this board for the last 15 years. Some are just excused with the topic and want to move on.